Author Topic: 7th Heaven 2.0 controller issue  (Read 13251 times)

Gintiz

• View Profile
7th Heaven 2.0 controller issue
« on: 2020-03-05 23:55:20 »
First of all, huge shoutout to the minds behind 7th heaven and all the mods for all the effort they put into this for so many years.

Now as for my issue i am simply unable to get any of my controllers to work (xbox360/Dualshock4/switch pro controller) after trying all kinds of key mappers (joytokey,xpadder,ds4windows) after installing the 2.0 version. I checked on the forums and i couldn't find a solution to my problem ( i apologize if there was one and i totally missed it.)

Should i mess around with the input settings in the game launcher of 7th heaven? I tried all options and best result i got was getting the OK button to work.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: 7th Heaven 2.0 controller issue
« Reply #1 on: 2020-03-06 06:52:14 »
See my post here, it may help: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19533.msg272644#msg272644

Oh, and RTFM, particularly the Settings>Game Launcher>Controls section.  ;D

Gintiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-03-06 08:32:30 »
That's great,I'll check it out as soon as i get home since i happen to use all these software. I tried keyboard mapping thing from ds4 but yeah it didnt work so hopefully your post does it.

Thank you very much for your time! ;D

Gintiz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-03-06 19:37:24 »
See my post here, it may help: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19533.msg272644#msg272644

Oh, and RTFM, particularly the Settings>Game Launcher>Controls section.  ;D

This worked and i also looked into more options to have available just in case.
This guide from steam forums worked perfectly as well https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1806865594 it mentions xbox controller but it worked just fine for my ps4 controller with ds4windows running.

Hopefully this can help more people as well! ;D

brewchowski

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-05-04 13:47:19 »
Hi folks, I'm sorry for necroing an old thread, but I've looked everywhere and can't find 7th heaven 2.0 solutions for this problem.

I too am having controller issues. I've followed the directions--getting ds4windows, pairing a controller, using xinputplus, mapping inputs in administrator. The issue is that the controller won't work in game. What do I set the launcher control scheme to look like in 7th heaven launcher in order to get it to recognize the binds in the app?

Thank you so much, and a massive thank you to the modding community for doing this! I can't believe how incredible of a job that was done here!

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #5 on: 2020-05-04 15:24:25 »
I tried xinputplus while troubleshooting other issues with someone and was not fond of it, but that's not to say it doesn't work, although I can't confirm it does work either.

You will set your key bindings in your chosen mapping tool based on the controls you have set in 7H. Go to 7H>Settings>Game Launcher>Controls. There are a list of presets there to choose from. This has nothing to do with the functionality of your controller/driver/etc. It merely sets the keys and buttons for you. You can import (floppy disk icon) your own custom controls from the game into a preset.

The 1998 presets use the numpad on the keyboard to get into the game. The Steam presets use x, c, v, and other weird keys. I recommend you set one of those presets, then go into the game, menu, config>controllers. Then you can see exactly what each key and button are set to and if you're happy with that preset, set your mapping tool to the appropriate keys. Although, you should only need to do that for dpad and triggers. What controller are you using? Did you check your preferred controller in Control Panel?

brewchowski

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-05-04 15:45:00 »
Thank you so much for your reply unab0mb, I see you're very active in helping folks on this forum--you are a rockstar.

I am using the Ps4 DualShock controller with ds4windows.

I've managed to get to the point where my controller is recognized, and I can use the sticks/ normal buttons. I've read your replies to folks that have the same issue and know you use AntiMicro to trick the game into letting the dpad/triggers use the same inputs as the sticks/L3/R3 buttons. The only thing is that I can't seem to get it to work. When I change the inputs and save the file in the final fantasy 7 folder, I still don't have access to the dpad or triggers.

Can you tell me if there is a guide somewhere with how to map these keys/dpad buttons? Also, do you know if it is possible to map any of the buttons to toggle game speed and no encounters (similar to the ps4 version of the game?)

I really appreciate your help, I know you answer a lot of folks on here. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my issue.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #7 on: 2020-05-05 09:12:41 »
Well, unfortunately I've never had a need to use any of these programs because I have an xbox controller and just used the sticks instead of the dpad/triggers. I'm currently testing 7H 2.1 updates using a DS4 controller with all of this built in, with no need to use 3rd party tools. So, I understand what needs done and I've seen some screenshots of different programs and they seem very straightforward in usage. But as I said, I am no expert in these things because I've never had to use them.

I don't like dropping names, but he's always been happy to assist-- in the Tsunamods Discord is a guy named (Manager) Cleet. He is seemingly like "The Controller Whisperer", very familiar with a couple of programs and even has already-made profiles for certain configurations that you can load up into Anti Micro (maybe others).

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2020-05-06 23:00:00 »
Gents - I'm running into a strange controller issue. The PS4 controller works fine when I have it hard wired in. However, I can't for the life of me get it to work in bluetooth. It's recognized by DS4 and the profile has the controller mapped to the correct keyboard keys. It even executes the key commands on my Win desktop. However, it just won't register once I launch the game from 7H 2.0.

Anybody have any suggestions on this one?

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #9 on: 2020-05-07 04:25:31 »
I just barely got started testing a DS4 wired, and unfortunately I don't have a BT adapter to test a DS4 wirelessly. I use an Xbox One wirelessly using Microsoft's adapter that works fine. Maybe someone else has your same config and can help.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2020-05-24 02:24:22 »
Figured out the PS4 controller, DS4, and bluetooth situation. This may have been covered before but I figured I'd still share what I learned. DS4 needed to be added in "7H -> Game Driver Settings -> Program sto Run Prior to FF7:". I also noticed that my num_enter would still not register for some reason, so I switched that to hard enter and it worked fine (adjusted in game config + saved to 7H + set up in DS4).

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2022-07-20 22:13:58 »
Figured out the PS4 controller, DS4, and bluetooth situation. This may have been covered before but I figured I'd still share what I learned. DS4 needed to be added in "7H -> Game Driver Settings -> Program sto Run Prior to FF7:". I also noticed that my num_enter would still not register for some reason, so I switched that to hard enter and it worked fine (adjusted in game config + saved to 7H + set up in DS4).

Sorry to Necro but I'm trying to get my ps5 controller to work, where do I find the "ps5" controller program, I went to game launcher-settings- now it's asking me to add the "program". It's not a program it's just a bluetooth connection?
« Last Edit: 2022-07-20 22:17:37 by olearyf2525 »