Author Topic: Adding new item to world map and custom battle  (Read 3689 times)

Leet

• Active member at other FF7 modding site - PM me.
    • View Profile
Adding new item to world map and custom battle
« on: 2015-03-30 15:56:20 »
Hi there this is the first topic i have ever started on qhimm so hi to everyone here. Select members already know me and what i do from another forum but for those of you who don't i am basically a model importer with little knowledge of scripting or reverse engineering the ff7 game although i am up on the the lgp system because of the many models i have already completed.

What i am trying to do is add an item to the world map so that when you make contact with it a battle commences.....the same way as it happens with ruby or ultimate weapon. I know that field information including scripting resides in the flevel.lgp but what about the world map data? Can anyone tell me where the data i am looking for is stored and more importantly is there an editor available that will allow me to add to it?
« Last Edit: 2015-03-30 15:57:56 by Leet »

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
Re: Adding new item to world map and custom battle
« Reply #1 on: 2015-03-30 23:41:39 »
I believe there is no tool for world map models.  Best bet is to find someone who can hex edit or learn it yourself.  Not sure if that is the solution but it might be a good place to start.

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-04-01 13:03:05 »
There will be ff7 world map script assembler added to this project soon: https://github.com/paulsapps/SUDM

Leet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-04-04 11:08:36 »
Thanks guys ill check this out...i must admit though hex editing is a last resort as i have great difficult understanding the byte system it uses.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-04-04 12:51:24 »
Same here believe me you are not alone.

paul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-04-04 15:59:30 »
Using hex editing I manage to change it so that I was controlling weapon, the big gun and the barrier.

Leet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-04-04 17:59:24 »
I may as well tell you guys what im planning. I have a model of sapphire weapon that is currently game ready that uses ultimate weapons skeleton with customized animations. Its been tested in game as a replacement for ultimate but what i really want is to place a model of him on the world map and have contact trigger the fight. The proudclod side if things is taken care of and using 7 heaven will mean it wont need installing. Its just the world map side of things that will get in the way.