Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1844941 times)

lizardlair00

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #2175 on: 2012-12-12 19:53:21 »
hello, I'm back temporarily... i have my old computer back and the 0039 still isn't working and it might be the malware symptoms i am having. my new computer has them as well but the 0039 bfe.exe does work on it but not on my old computer i was wondering if you can use the same code or coding or something as the 0037 has? (if its not too late of course) cause 0037 works but 39 doesn't nor 0038. thank you I'll be checking back from time to time...

oh and i have uninstalled everything ff vii PC related except for my saves of course, and my backup of my preferred graphic enhancements. any way thanks for all the hard work you are doing to make ff7 better :)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: 2012-12-12 20:01:57 »
Do you have the .NET framework 2.0 installed?

Q:Why does BFE.exe fail to run with the error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)"?
A:You need to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 from: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=19

lizardlair00

• View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: 2012-12-12 20:06:30 »
yes i have .net framework 2.0 1.1 1.0 3.0 and 4.0 i believe that is all of them and my specs are winxp 1gig ram 2002 modle dell desktop i have to make some room for all the mods again though it might be the malware i mostlikely have i turned off my NAT firewall on my router

and thats not the issue it just opens the bootleg title and than closes it nothing else no error or nothing

the link you posted says "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." can you give me another link please?
« Last Edit: 2012-12-12 20:22:46 by lizardlair00 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2178 on: 2012-12-12 20:31:01 »
>1gig ram
how the heck does this even run windows?
and jesus christ, a ten year old DELL desktop? even cheap ass second-hand laptops are better than that now.
I'd be surprised if ff7 would even run with any graphic mods on that old thing

lizardlair00

• View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: 2012-12-12 20:41:17 »
well it does, it runs fast and i forgot to mention that i have 3 HDD but there weak i know its a junk heap but its my junk heap at least i got it free im only 16

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: 2012-12-12 20:47:36 »
The correct link for the .NET Framework 2.0 is ---> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22808

Make sure you delete all of the old Bootleg files.
It's best to start with a clean folder when you extract the Bootleg archive.

lizardlair00

• View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: 2012-12-12 20:53:27 »
don't worry about it ill just wait till i upgrade reformat and start all over from scratch like i did with this computer see ya all when i do it all again

Rheikon

• View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: 2012-12-12 22:58:13 »
Or just get 3.5 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=22. Includes everything you need for .NET apps except 4+(4 does not include earlier versions like 3.5 does) which is separate.

lizardlair00

• View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: 2012-12-13 00:03:35 »
i alreage got 3.5 sp1 i have them all but ill take a break from this project i only have 7gig of memery left thats reserved for an online game better than an offline old game

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: 2012-12-13 14:08:49 »
I'm afraid that's not even enough for a fully modded FFVII installation.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2185 on: 2012-12-13 14:38:48 »
How does one use the "Install User Models from the Custom Folders" setting?
« Last Edit: 2012-12-13 19:23:43 by Mirrorman95 »

lizardlair00

• View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: 2012-12-13 17:08:59 »
I'm afraid that's not even enough for a fully modded FFVII installation.

yes i know its not enough i had all of them downloaded and ready to go i was waiting for the new release but i had to make room but i can't believe i removed the custom apz cloud mode i put together by using some oldish and newish versions of apz cloud field and battle and about that...
hey @PitBrat i would like to know how to use the custom models directory that comes with bootleg0039.zip? cause i had some fun with the different versions i had apz cloud field and battle (looked exactly the same) with apz bustersword battle and field (and in some cut scenes like cloud pulling out his sword). i was wondering if that was against the creator of apz project's rules? if so I'm sorry for doing that and cause i thought that was against the rules i didn't upload it, or change any models, just combinations of different ones. and another thing i don't like uploading at all because i might get in real trouble. anyway... back to my question. when will the new ff7 bootleg release be (approximately)? sorry for the long post.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: 2012-12-13 17:42:39 »
The new release of Bootleg will be when all known bugs will have been removed.

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: 2012-12-14 17:48:22 »
Will this release have trouble with computers with and sli cable I got my new rig  today whoo :-D but some of my games have trouble with sli connections just wanted to know so I can make adjustments if needed.

icepick314

• View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: 2012-12-15 21:31:11 »
Anyone know when the torrent of all the files will be available?

Also almost all of the Mediafire links are dead.

Thanks.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: 2012-12-15 22:23:11 »
Have you looked at The Big List of Final Fantasy VII Mods?

I've very close to finalizing Bootleg .040.
I really really hope to have it out before the end of next week.

Here's what's new:
Bootleg .040 Working
Code: [Select]
    Added New APZ Cloud Battle Model in Normal, Dark and Black Uniform: apzcloud_FINAL.rar, apzcloud_DLC.rar
    Added New APZ Cloud Field Model with and without Sword in Normal, Dark and Black: APZ Cloud Field V4.2.rar, black.zip
    Added New APZ Chibi Cloud Field Model in Normal, Dark and Black: Chibi APZ Cloud Beta.rar
    Added BlitzNCS New Chibi Cloud Field Model: NCS_NewChibiCloud.zip
    Added ComplexMultiShader: ComplexMultiShader.zip
    Added Omzy's FacePalmer Fixes: Omzy's FF7 Field Pack.zip, FixedLightingTextures PART1.rar, FixedLightingTextures PART2.rar, FixedMissing Files.rar, FixedSpecialCases.rar, itown1b.zip, ealin_2.zip
    Added Minmin's Transparent Avatars: minatars_1.1.zip
    Added Zendar's Coin Skill Textures: qsvyig.png, zeni_h_00.rar, zeni_h_00.rar, mj0dq1.png, amz5z5.png, Coin.rar
    Added Zendar's Blue Counter Numbers Texture: 2itfspt.png
    Added Missing PSF Music: ff7 missing psfs.zip
    Added Cait Sith Weapons: cait sith weapons.7z
    Added Cloud Weapon Options-- No Change, Dragon Murasame, APZ Buster, APZ Ragnarok, OmniBuster, Oblivion Lovelace, Oblivion Ultima: apzbustertexid5.zip, external mods pack0.2.zip
    Added Individual Customization for Cloud Weapons: slayernexts with compiled textures.zip
    Added FMV Cutscene option: No Change
    Added Support of Re-Release Version: FF7 PC New to Old Converter By Kranmer FULL.exe
    Added New Track to Bootleg Soundtrack: 4-18 - Staff Roll (End Credits)-rev5-ff7music.ogg
    Added FeliX Leonhart's World Map Ocean Textures: world.exe
    Added Chibi Reconstruction Models: Chibi Reconstruction 1.5.exe, Mxsters Chibi Reconstruction V1.6.exe, CHIBICON.rar, Cloud.rar, clouddress.rar, Jessie Version 2.rar, Red13 Release.rar
    Added NameSpoofer's Cloud Strife ReModel: CloudRemodel.rar
    Added Whiteraven's AC Barret Battle Model: Whiteraven AC Barret Battle.rar
    Added Whiteraven's AC Tifa Models: Whiteraven Tifa Battle.rar, White Raven Tifa Mod.rar
    Added Whiteraven's Vincent Re-ReModel Battle Model: Whiteraven Vincent Battle.rar
    Added Whiteraven's AC Yuffie Battle Model and Fixed Transparent Hair: Whiteraven Yufie Battle fixed.rar
    Added Whiteraven's HQ Aerith Battle Model: Whiteraven Aerith Battle.rar
    Added Whiteraven's Mature APZ Cloud Battle Model: Whiteraven Apzcloud Mature-Rev.rar
    Added Whiteraven's Mature APZ Cloud Battle Model Converted by Buster Swd: Whiteraven Apz Cloud revision for field(adjusted).rar
    Added Weemus' FMV Style Models: Weeemus FMV Mod Beta 2.0d.rar
    Added E1sunz's Cait Sith - Cat Only Battle Model: Battle - Cait Sith Cat Only.rar
    Added JLOUTLAW's Hypersonic Limit Texture: Hyper Sonic Limit Texture.rar
    Added Bloodshot's Re-Animations: FF7 Re-animated.rar
    Added Recko's Gold Hilt Buster Sword Menu Background: buster_00.png
    Added Recko's Transparent Avatars: Avatars.zip
    Added Missing Hairstyles for High-us Minigame: Cloud and Tifa
    Added JLOUTLAW's Ruby Weapon Retexture: Ruby WEAPON Retexture.rar, Ruby Weapon Retexture Project.zip, Modified Ruby WEAPON Retexture.rar
    Added Bootloader Option to Disable Forced Refresh Rate
    Added Kuugen's Nightmare Conversion: Nightmare Files 1.rar, Nightmare flevel slim.rar, Nightmare OST.part1.rar
    Added PRP, Rebuilded, Chibi Construction and Dahfa's Chibi Field Model Options for Cloud, Tifa, Barret, Aeris, Yuffie, Cid, Red XIII, Vincent and Sephiroth
    Added Bootloader Option to Mount/Unmount a Virtual FF7DISC1
    Added Bootloader Option to Automatically Set the Data Drive
    Added Bootloader Ability to Save Last Run Options
    Added Support for the Standalone OCRemix Soundtrack Pack: ffviiremix mp3's part1.rar, ffviiremix mp3's part2.rar
    Restored Missing Materia Animations
    Restored Missing Menu Background-- Zendar's AC Buster Sword at Midgar
    Restored MinMin's Missing Avatars
    Restored Missing Dahfa Barret Navy Uniform Field Model (AYFB)
    Revised Bootleg.log
    Revised Avalanche and Remix Model Installation
    Revised Base Model Installation to Recognize NO CHANGE Option for Player Models
    Revised Hairstyles to Accommodate New Models
    Removed Glitched Field Textures: colne_6
    Removed Dependence on The Remix - Bootleg Only Requires The Remix for the Original APZ Cloud and The Remix FMV's
    Updated German Conversion Thanks to Kompass63: gerFF7exe-03.zip
    Updated Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod to 1.0.6: Gjoerulv-1.0.6.rar
    Updated Kranmer's Trainer: FF7 Trainer 0.7.1v4 By Kranmer.exe
    +Fixed Files Missing From LGP Archives Due to Ulgp Bug: ulgp_v0.7.7z
    +Fixed Translation of DISC_US.LGP
    +Fixed Broken Grimmy's AC Yuffie Battle Model
    +Fixed Grimmy's AC Yuffie always Installs with Grimmy's AC Tifa
    +Fixed Mismatched Enemy Lookup Table when Using Menu Overhaul ReTranslation with some mods: New Spell Names, Aeris Revival, Items Easy, Items Normal and Items Difficult
    +Fixed Crash due to Bootleg Setting Incorrect Sound Device
    +Fixed Crash After Remix When Using APZ Cloud or Timu Sumisu Barret
    +Fixed Missing/Broken Hairstyles for Cloud
    +Fixed Missing Cloud Wields Masamune Models
    +Fixed Broken Timu Barret+Kleyon Field Installation
    +Fixed Missing Summon Menu Command with Menu Overhaul: Hexteditor.zip
    +Fixed Missing Romeo 14 Materia Texture in Normal Mode
    +Fixed Alpha Blending for High-us Models: Cloud, Tifa, Aeris, Red XIII and Barret
    +Fixed Missing Sailor Moon Tifa Weapon
    +Fixed Missing Weapon Textures when No Change Selected for Battle Models
    +Fixed Missing Texture Errors
    +Fixed Hair Style Compatibility
    +Fixed Crash Due to Missing Condor.lgp when Not Using Stayoff's Condor Minigame Mod
    +Fixed Mismatched Lookup Table in Remix Remastered Mode
    +Fixed Blinking Head for Megaten's Pimped Barret; Jinkazama2k7's Assault Biggs, Jessie and Wedge
    +Fixed Bug When Creating FF7 Image
    Integrated Mods: ComplexMultiShader.zip, FixedLightingTextures PART1.rar, FixedLightingTextures PART2.rar, FixedMissing Files.rar, FixedSpecialCases.rar, ulgp_v0.7.7z, minatars_1.1.zip, qsvyig.png, 2itfspt.png, zeni_h_00.rar, zeni_h_00.rar, ff7 missing psfs.zip, cait sith weapons.7z, dragon buster.7z, Hexteditor.zip, Coin.rar, FF7 PC New to Old Converter By Kranmer V0.2.zip, itown1b.zip, ealin_2.zip, 4-18 - Staff Roll (End Credits)-rev5-ff7music.ogg, gerFF7exe-03.zip, apzbustertexid5.zip, slayernexts with compiled textures.zip, world.exe, Chibi Reconstruction 1.5.exe, Mxsters Chibi Reconstruction V1.6.exe, CHIBICON.rar, Cloud.rar, clouddress.rar, Jessie Version 2.rar, Red13 Release.rar, Whiteraven AC Barret Battle.rar, Whiteraven Tifa Battle.rar, White Raven Tifa Mod.rar, Whiteraven Vincent Battle.rar, Whiteraven Yufie Battle fixed.rar, Weeemus FMV Mod Beta 2.0d.rar, CloudRemodel.rar, Hyper Sonic Limit Texture.rar, FF7 Re-animated.rar, Whiteraven Aerith Battle.rar, apzcloud_FINAL.rar, apzcloud_DLC.rar, APZ Cloud Field V4.2.rar, black.zip, Chibi APZ Cloud Beta.rar, NCS_NewChibiCloud.zip, Whiteraven Apzcloud Mature-Rev.rar, Avatars.zip, Barret.zip, Ruby WEAPON Retexture.rar, Ruby Weapon Retexture Project.zip, Modified Ruby WEAPON Retexture.rar, external mods pack0.2.zip, Whiteraven Apz Cloud revision for field(adjusted).rar, FF7 Trainer 0.7.1v4 By Kranmer.exe, Battle - Cait Sith Cat Only.rar

icepick314

• View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: 2012-12-16 00:33:46 »
anyone doing torrent for all the mod files?

also is the Bootleg .040 updated with newer file links?

thanks for all the hard work....

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: 2012-12-16 00:59:09 »
EQ2Alyza is doing an amazing job maintaining the torrent and installation tutorial.
Check out the thread-- Tifa's Bootleg.

Bootleg .040 has all updated, working links for however long that lasts.

The final RC is available for testing.  PM me for your beta testing opportunity!
If you are chosen as a member of the elite beta testing team, please respond back with your testing results even if you simply say that everything worked flawlessly.

Bootleg .040 should be available in time for the winter solstice.

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: 2012-12-17 03:42:22 »
PitBrat, check your messages. I think you'll find one from me that will make you very happy. ;) Wasn't sure if you wanted a PM first or post here so I did the safe bet.

Just so everyone knows, it's looking real good.
« Last Edit: 2012-12-17 03:49:42 by Cities.Burn.Quick »

icepick314

• View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: 2012-12-18 03:09:33 »
Can you run FF VII with bootloader and have Steam overlay?

Or is there display driver issue and it just can't be done?

Thanks.

lizardlair00

• View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: 2012-12-18 17:57:39 »
i cant to the torrent it says i cant download it cause only the downloads can be downloaded by the user that personally uploaded it?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2196 on: 2012-12-18 18:35:12 »
i cant to the torrent it says i cant download it cause only the downloads can be downloaded by the user that personally uploaded it?

http://kat.ph/bootleg-mod-pack-t6709674.html

lizardlair00

• View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: 2012-12-18 20:56:47 »
thank you

lizardlair00

• View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: 2012-12-19 18:47:09 »
Ok, here's the plan i have 22.8 GB free in my third hard drive and i'm going to download the torrent wich is 15.67 GB will that be enough for the mods and to install them as well? i just want the apz cloud that i installed myself just last night and the P.R.P. project that i got when it was available yes i still have it just in case it was ever gone but anyway my other question is i bought the 2012 remake just so i can have the option of original(2012 without mods) and mods(1997 with mods) but one thing the 97 version will crash (literally restart my comp) when the meteor texture with no mods (other than apz cloud and ff7_opengl-0.7.11b) is supposed to appear in the north it did that 2 years ago than stopped for some reason, but is there a way to fix that issue some how? thank you for all the work you've done in the past year or two ill be looking forward to the next release hoping that it will run like 0037 unlike 0038 and 0039. see ya till i have torrent done.

this time it didnt restart my comp it just crashed the game and it wasnt the meteor it was something else? idk what but it was to the west of correl area by the beach of the place where hojo is on the beach (sorry i forgot what its called cause i havent played the game since 2002 on the ps1 ): any way i dont know what is over there but it crashes without the custom graphics driver for but with it it restarts my pc (weird huh?)
« Last Edit: 2012-12-19 19:14:15 by lizardlair00 »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: 2012-12-19 21:13:06 »
There is a memory leak with the OpenGL driver.
The game will eventually crash after extended periods of running.
Avoid pausing the game during battles.
Pausing during battles exacerbates the leak.

How much ram is in your computer?
Save often.