Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2421538 times)

sagaopc

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1550 on: 2013-08-07 23:58:19 »
How can i use brazilian translation in this version mod? i modded with tifa's bootleg + tifa's package, but i want play in brazilian portuguese!

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: 2013-08-08 00:21:01 »
I don't have access to the Portuguese version. If you use touphscript to extract the text from the original Portuguese game, then you can reinsert that text into the modified game.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: 2013-08-08 00:46:45 »
There's a Portuguese 1998 version?? I think this calls for Boxff7!

manuchan

• View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: 2013-08-09 08:33:25 »

how can i add mods on top of bootleg40 using 7th heaven, and then run the game through bootloader? help appreciated :(

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: 2013-08-09 09:19:22 »
Bootloader and 7thHeaven are both game launchers. They also have other functions, so you can still use bootloader to make changes to Aali's driver configuration, the data path (CD or ISO drive for the disc check), etc. But if you want to use 7thHeaven, you have to launch FFVII from the 7thHeaven application. It is totally compatible with bootleg, it just needs to launch from its own GUI.

I know, I know, but it says I need to insert disc1!
Well, I don't have time to make a tutorial or whatever to fix this, and even if I did people wouldn't read it and ask anyway. All you have to do is Name an iso, there are several blank isos floating around the forum in fairly logical places (the FAQ, for example) that are titled properly and will pass the disc check for the old exe. How do you make them work? Google it! I use UltraISO lots of people use DaemonTools. Mount the FF7DISC1 iso wherever you want, and then make sure the data path in the Bootleg or FFVII registry is set to the drive where you mount that ISO or VirtualHardDisc or USBstick or Floppy disc, or whatever.
THIS:

Is what this does:

If you have bootleg installed you can set the path from bootloader.
If you don't have bootleg installed, you can edit the registry like in the first picture with regedit. Google it!
« Last Edit: 2013-08-09 11:40:28 by Template »

Lonewuhf

• View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: 2013-08-10 06:18:09 »
Ok, I've looked all over the place and did some searches on these forums, nothing seems to help my problem. Everything in the mod seems to work right, except that I don't have any music. Sound effects work fine. I've tried the solutions in these threads to no avail:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13604.msg194090#msg194090
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14437.msg202065#msg202065
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13680.msg192044#msg192044

Any other ideas? The only thing I did after I ran the bootleg installer was to replace the opening movie with the HD one that Square redid. Anything would help! I can throw my own music on and it's ok, but I'd really love to play with real FF7 music.

Edit: I can apparently get it working with the original FF7 soundtrack but I'd prefer to have the remastered music. At least I have something now. Any ideas on how to get the remastered music working?
« Last Edit: 2013-08-10 06:20:35 by Lonewuhf »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: 2013-08-10 07:29:51 »
If you have integrated my folder in your game folder and use bootloader, you should first rename the folder "FF7Music".
All Stuff is in the folder "Ficedula".

Maybe you have set the MIDI device in FF7Music (Playback Options) to the same device as in FF7Config.

If that does not help, post your "FF7Music.log" in here.

da_head

• View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: 2013-08-10 19:23:33 »
Hey guys, great work you've done here! I have everything installed and the game runs, but im encountering a problem. Actually, someone on the first page had the exact same problem, so ill just quote him: "first FMV dont not show,stay in black screen and after barret say new comer folow me,i have to press menu for show image game"

So yea, it skips the fmv, skips the mini fight when they're leaving the train, i see a textbox saying: "newcomer follow me", and the screen remains black. Then once i press menu, i can see the screen.

Im running on admin, have my av disabled, set up my config to the exact same settings that the main post had it as. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: 2013-08-10 20:17:34 »
So yea, it skips the fmv, skips the mini fight when they're leaving the train, i see a textbox saying: "newcomer follow me", and the screen remains black. Then once i press menu, i can see the screen.

Hiya, please post your APP.log text file from your main game directory if you have further difficulties.

I'm guessing you just need to set your movie path. Try going to bootloader config and set movie path to YourInstallPath\YourFF7GameDirectoryName\data\movies if it isn't. If you look for your movies in your game directory, there should be files in either the *.*\movies\  <or>  *.*\data\movies\ folders. If there are no files in either one, install an FMV package such as DLPB's or cmh175's. You can find almost any mod from the sticky Big List of Mods in the FAQ & tutorial section.

How can i use brazilian translation in this version mod? i modded with tifa's bootleg + tifa's package, but i want play in brazilian portuguese!

So I looked around... and found this genius post: The Multilanguage Thread
(Actually, they just updated their post or I never woulda found it in General Discussion.) It should be in FAQs and there's some scripts we can rip from that thread. I don't think Chinese will work but Portuguese should. I plan on adding language support to 7thHeaven. For the moment, here's an unencoded Portuguese flevel that SHOULD be compatible with bootleg40. Do NOT use the Menu Overhaul on it, especially not the retranslation.

To encode this downloaded folder into the flevel.lgp file you need--use uLGP .5 and replace the flevel.lgp in your Game Directory after backing up the original. The Portuguese Mod linked from the Multilanguage Thread looks legitimate, but it's beta so use it at your own risk and back up your files.

Non-English language installs are not compatible (completely or not at all) with any mod that changes the game script, unless the mod is in that specific language.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-10 21:25:04 by Template »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: 2013-08-10 21:25:19 »
bleh double post, please remove.

Bloodceles

• View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: 2013-08-11 03:22:08 »
Hello. I'm like seconds from ripping my hair out. X.X I've followed every step perfectly. I've had it installed and working on my old computer(just replaced it 4 days ago) and I got pretty far in the game. I tried to switch it from my old computer to my new one. It didn't want to work(couldn't figure out why till it was to late). So I deleted the game and the mods, then redl them all along with reinstalling the game. I put them in the right spots like last time. I set everything up. Then started to play the game again. It was working fine, but it was on hardcore mode or something(Which was Way to hard for my tastes. I like a challenge, but that's a bit to much). I didn't know how to switch it out of hardcore mode. So I tried to reinstall the bootleg without hardcore mode. The problem is, now the game always works just fine, but when I enter battle(the first fight) it always crashes after the swirl is done. The crash is always caused by "camdat0.bin" for some reason. I've tried deleting the mods and game. I've tried reinstalling the game and mods, nothing works. Every single time now its the same thing. It crashes right when the battle swirl ends. And the app.log told me the "camdat0.bin" was the reason it crashed. Any ideas how to fix this? ty.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: 2013-08-11 03:33:54 »
Hi, very sorry for your frustrations. It does sound like things have gotten a bit out of hand with the uninstall/reinstall attempts.
All I can really suggest is that you either aren't doing a proper full uninstall, aren't placing the STEAM (guessing this is a steam deal because your language specific files are out of whack) FF7 directory outside of the Program Files area, or you aren't using the latest version of GameConverter.
This is an issue with language versions, I think. Unfortunately this will require a full reinstall.

Reinstall completely using the Control Panel to uninstall FF7music, then FF7 (also make sure everything is deleted from the game install folder) and use Kompass63's Registry tool before reinstalling ff7, making sure the GAME directory is moved out of the Program Files area, and then using Kompass63 Game Converter .9b, Start the game to test it once after the Game Converter. Then install bootleg.
Some things to note:

GameConverter is now completely compatible with Steam Mover. You can also just cut and paste the entire FFVII game folder and move it where you want from the STEAM directory. The Game Converter will detect your installation type. It will ask you to type your game path manually if you have moved your STEAM FF7 install or if it can't find one. If you haven't moved your STEAM FF7 install, you can just hit enter and it will do its thing. It is fully compatible with Steam FF7 in all 4 languages. You can change your language in FF7 STEAM by right clicking on the Final Fantasy VII entry in your Library, and choosing the bottom selection, properties. Then select language and there is a dropdown box. You must do this before using Kompass63's GameConverter. It is still necessary to move your FFVII install outside of the Program Files(system) area.

GameConverter will ask for you what language you would like to use if you are using the 2012 version, E S F G
Game Converter is now compatible with 1998 PC version for backwards compatibility and future uninstall functionality.
2 Kranmers Multi.dll seems to cause mistakes in connection with FF7Music.
   Unfortunately, this DLL is re-installed by Bootleg.
   If you want to use DLPBs Multi.dll, remember to copy all the DLLs out of the sub-folder "LOADR" into the sub-folder "DLL_in".
The Retranslation preview from the MenuOverhaul version contained with Tifa's Bootleg (the most recent MenuOverhaul) is NOT compatible with Game Converter at this time. Make sure you uncheck Retranslation (it's just a preview anyway). They will be integrated in the future.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-11 03:44:52 by Template »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1562 on: 2013-08-11 03:46:03 »
Hello. I'm like seconds from ripping my hair out. X.X I've followed every step perfectly. I've had it installed and working on my old computer(just replaced it 4 days ago) and I got pretty far in the game. I tried to switch it from my old computer to my new one. It didn't want to work(couldn't figure out why till it was to late). So I deleted the game and the mods, then redl them all along with reinstalling the game. I put them in the right spots like last time. I set everything up. Then started to play the game again. It was working fine, but it was on hardcore mode or something(Which was Way to hard for my tastes. I like a challenge, but that's a bit to much). I didn't know how to switch it out of hardcore mode. So I tried to reinstall the bootleg without hardcore mode. The problem is, now the game always works just fine, but when I enter battle(the first fight) it always crashes after the swirl is done. The crash is always caused by "camdat0.bin" for some reason. I've tried deleting the mods and game. I've tried reinstalling the game and mods, nothing works. Every single time now its the same thing. It crashes right when the battle swirl ends. And the app.log told me the "camdat0.bin" was the reason it crashed. Any ideas how to fix this? ty.

You can find camdat0.bin in two locations:

[gamedir]\data\battle
[gamedir]\data\lang-en\battle

Your APP.LOG will tell you which of those locations it's trying to access camdat0.bin before the crash, so copy it from the other location and paste it into the folder missing it.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: 2013-08-11 03:51:19 »
That is very unlikely to be the only file that is out of place. You cannot just reinstall bootleg on top of itself to change out something like Hardcore mode. Every time you want to make a change to bootleg (especially on STEAM) you need to do the extra steps of uninstalling and deleting everything.

da_head

• View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: 2013-08-11 04:40:47 »
Hiya, please post your APP.log text file from your main game directory if you have further difficulties.

I'm guessing you just need to set your movie path. Try going to bootloader config and set movie path to YourInstallPath\YourFF7GameDirectoryName\data\movies if it isn't. If you look for your movies in your game directory, there should be files in either the *.*\movies\  <or>  *.*\data\movies\ folders. If there are no files in either one, install an FMV package such as DLPB's or cmh175's. You can find almost any mod from the sticky Big List of Mods in the FAQ & tutorial section.

So I looked around... and found this genius post: The Multilanguage Thread
(Actually, they just updated their post or I never woulda found it in General Discussion.) It should be in FAQs and there's some scripts we can rip from that thread. I don't think Chinese will work but Portuguese should. I plan on adding language support to 7thHeaven. For the moment, here's an unencoded Portuguese flevel that SHOULD be compatible with bootleg40. Do NOT use the Menu Overhaul on it, especially not the retranslation.

To encode this downloaded folder into the flevel.lgp file you need--use uLGP .5 and replace the flevel.lgp in your Game Directory after backing up the original. The Portuguese Mod linked from the Multilanguage Thread looks legitimate, but it's beta so use it at your own risk and back up your files.

Non-English language installs are not compatible (completely or not at all) with any mod that changes the game script, unless the mod is in that specific language.

thanks that worked perfectly :)

Bloodceles

• View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: 2013-08-11 04:43:35 »
You can find camdat0.bin in two locations:

[gamedir]\data\battle
[gamedir]\data\lang-en\battle

Your APP.LOG will tell you which of those locations it's trying to access camdat0.bin before the crash, so copy it from the other location and paste it into the folder missing it.

Thank you. Fixed it. Not sure why it was working perfectly fine before but wouldn't work now. Also it didn't tell me which it was trying to access. So I just copied it from the lang-en foulder and put it in the other one.(Took awhile because I was having a frustrating time getting the graphics program to work right. Wasn't saving)

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: 2013-08-11 05:02:32 »
Thank you. Fixed it. Not sure why it was working perfectly fine before but wouldn't work now. Also it didn't tell me which it was trying to access. So I just copied it from the lang-en foulder and put it in the other one.(Took awhile because I was having a frustrating time getting the graphics program to work right. Wasn't saving)
Yeah, it should only be the files in that lang-en folder that are involved, and maybe it is just that one. I can never tell who is gonna be able to handle swapping files like that, but I suppose it is a lot easier than reinstalling bootleg. EQ2Alyza is pretty much always right. Why are women always right???  :wink:

manuchan

• View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: 2013-08-11 06:44:36 »
thanks, working fine now

returnz17

• View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: 2013-08-11 19:04:07 »
Hi !

Thanks for your tips !

I have one questions . I don't find EQ2Alyza torrent in step 7? Can I get it? Or this EQ2Alyza is on torrent in step 8?

thanks !

Template

• View Profile

Morris

• View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: 2013-08-11 22:16:57 »
Hi There.

So, I downloaded everything using the Torrent file, unpacked the whole thing to the same location, and followed the instructions at the front of the thread meticulously, but I'm still having two problems.

First: Despite the fact that the entire torrent was unpacked to the same folder, and I have that folder specified as the Mod location in the Bootloader, some of the items selected show Green, and some don't. Specifically it's the Nightmare mod that I'm trying to install. Even though the whole thing is visibly right there in the same folder with all the items that show green, it remains obstinately red in the bootloader.

Second: When I couldn't get that to work, I went ahead and de-selected the Nightmare mod so that I had only Green and Yellow in the bootloader, ran the rest of the steps, and started the game. The game will run, but I only get as far as the point where the opening cinematic should play, and then I just get a black screen that never goes away. I've let it sit for up to 15 minutes to make sure that it won't just run out its time and then load the game, but it does not.

Please note: I'm running this on a Lenovo laptop with no hardware graphics card, so I'm assuming from the start that I can't run any of the graphics updates. All I'm trying to load there are the menu/interface changes, the music, and, ideally, the Nightmare mod.

Applog posted below. Any ideas?

APPLOG:

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START
DIRECT DRAW 2
TOTAL 67108864 FREE 66801664
DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 800 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 1024 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 600 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 8
DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 16
DISPLAY MODE MATCH
DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 2048 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 600 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 16
DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 3200 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 4096 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 600 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 720 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
DD MODE: W 1280 H 768 P 5120 RGB 1 BPP 32
Ramp Emulation
  Microsoft Direct3D Mono(Ramp) Software Emulation
RGB Emulation
  Microsoft Direct3D RGB Software Emulation
Direct3D HAL
  Microsoft Direct3D Hardware acceleration through Direct3D HAL
EXCLUSIVE MODE
16-BIT Z BUFFER CREATED IN HW
HAL
HEL
TEXTURE FORMATS:
  PALETTE 0 BITS 16 RGBA 5:6:5:0
  PALETTE 0 BITS 16 RGBA 5:5:5:1
  PALETTE 0 BITS 16 RGBA 4:4:4:4
  PALETTE 0 BITS 32 RGBA 8:8:8:0
  PALETTE 0 BITS 32 RGBA 8:8:8:8
INITIALIZE D3D 2
VIEWPORT INITIALIZE
VIEWPORT 2 INITIALIZE
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
set music volume: 127
MIDI set volume: 127
10036743060f 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
10036743060f 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60
MIDI stop - OK
MIDI stop - OK
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
10036743060f 127 = 127
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
SET VOLUME 5: 127
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save/save00.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save/save01.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save/save02.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save/save03.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save/save04.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save/save05.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save/save06.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save/save07.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save/save08.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save/save09.ff7
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
MIDI stop - OK
WM_CLOSE
Field Quit
MIDI stop - OK
resetting MIDI driver volume - OK
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: 2013-08-11 23:34:00 »
Do you have Intel onboard graphics?

Morris

• View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: 2013-08-11 23:36:37 »
Yes, I do. That's why I wasn't trying to install any of the graphical mods, I know they won't work.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1573 on: 2013-08-11 23:47:46 »
The torrent folder is to remain untouched, so hopefully when you say "unpacked" you didn't extract any of the individual mods.

The APP.LOG has to do with using the default DD (Direct Draw) drivers and Aali's Custom Driver isn't set correctly in FFConfig.exe. Please read the FAQ on the front page for how to fix it. Your APP.LOG is specifically listed in one of the questions.

Morris

• View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: 2013-08-12 00:27:46 »
The torrent folder is to remain untouched, so hopefully when you say "unpacked" you didn't extract any of the individual mods.

Ahh, thank you, that's exactly what I did. I just assumed when the instructions said "Put the downloaded files in the same folder with the bootloader" that they had to be extracted. Thanks!

The APP.LOG has to do with using the default DD (Direct Draw) drivers and Aali's Custom Driver isn't set correctly in FFConfig.exe. Please read the FAQ on the front page for how to fix it. Your APP.LOG is specifically listed in one of the questions.

I was wondering about that, but didn't want to go too far with the second problem until I'd resolved the first.

That said, am I correct in my assumption that my crummy laptop video is compatible with the Nightmare mod and the Menu Overhaul? I'm not concerned about the HD graphics, but I'd like to be able to use the gameplay upgrades.