Miscellaneous Forums > Troubleshooting

Can't start from 7th Heaven 2.0

<< < (3/3)

khal:
Did you managed to load the mods?
I had the same problem (could not start the game from 7th Heaven due to flevel.lgp missing).
Used the game converter, now the game starts but no mod get applied :(

I don't see any strange thing in applog.txt or FF7_GC.log but that's the first time I mod FF7 so I may be missing something.
The only strange thing I see is the textures path specified in "General -> Settings" (and in 7H_GameDriver.cfg mod_path) points to an empty folder (INSTALLATION_FOLDER\mods\Textures).
It's seems the only thing modified when installing a mod is the folder INSTALLATION_FOLDER\mods\7th Heaven where the .iro is stored, so maybe something is not working correctly.

EQ2Alyza:
\mods\Textures is just an assigned folder for the memory injections during gameplay. It'll always be empty outside of game and nothing needs to be put into it.

If mods (none? some?) aren't applying ingame, then you'll first need to check your Settings > General Settings paths to make sure they point to the correct locations.

khal:
Oh ok now I understand why it's empty, thanks.

None of the mods were working, but you were right, something was not working correctly with my ff7 exe path location in "General Settings".
I changed it to "INSTALLATION_FOLDER\ff7_fr.exe" when I installed 7th Heaven because I have no ff7.exe in my localized game.
But it's seems to cause problem.
I just renamed it to "ff7.exe" and changed the path again in "General Settings" and now it works, mods seems to get applied.
I guess the injection method only look for a specific exe name?
Anyway thanks for your help, I will now try to setup everything in order to be able to play ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version