Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246199 times)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
You can also use Notepad to open the file 'FF7MUSIC.ini' found in the ficedula folder.
Add the filename of the song on the appropriate line under the [Custom] heading.
Then copy the song file into the ficedule\mp3 folder.

Dannoman

I have got the song working! It was basically a combination of what both of you said to do and what I had already done!

New problem however : The frakking motorcycle minigame (and most likely the others once they become unlocked) is way to fast. I have done research on it as I am not a total noob but alas no fixes are working and I believe it is  because of the remix installer package. Any of the quick fixes out there are incompatible I'm guessing cuz they broke the game leading to reinstallation. I got it to limit the frames for about half of the minigame once after ensuring that vsync is forced on and messing around with the displays Hz. During the 70Hz is when it worked for half the game. 60, 72, and 75 all just seem to run at 1000fps lol. the game finishes in about 30-45 seconds.

Once again any help is much appreciated.

Cooter

OK, so I have Remix installed and haven't had any major problems (knocks on wood).  My only issue that I have is that I can't install Aali's 0.7.11 driver over the Remix install.  It has a version pre 0.7.8 because there is no 9999 limit break option along with a couple others.  I have tried copying the missing parts from .11 into my version from remix and get an error message that it can't be parsed.  I'm honestly fine with Remix, but the main thing I want is the 9999 break.  I may have missed reading something on how to get it activated.  I ran the hardcore mode and it is installed in that mode, but don't feel like playing hardcore... yet (just found this in my drawer after a long time of not playing).  I like the mods, and everyone that has made them deserves a shiny gold star! 

Any idea how to get the .11 integrated with Remix?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Refer here to do a full and very good install of FF7.

Cooter

Refer here to do a full and very good install of FF7.

No.  That is way too much work to do.  I appreciate what he did to get it to go together, but that's too much downloading and extra work for me.  That's why I chose Remix.  1 file, 1 install.  I can still just play it on my XP and use .11 with only the Avalanche stuff and be fine, I don't really need all these mods, I just thought it would be cool to try it out this way and maybe I may have gotten a little too carried away. 

To think that my modding search took me this far just because I was looking for a patch for the Chocobo races...
« Last Edit: 2011-11-01 06:29:25 by Cooter »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Yes problem is remix is 1 file 1 install and 1 completely out of date collection.

Cooter

Yes problem is remix is 1 file 1 install and 1 completely out of date collection.

And the alternative is doing a few hours of work to maybe get Bootleg to install correctly.  No thanks, I don't need mods that bad.  If there is no fix, then fine I can deal with no 9999 break.  I would appreciate it if people would only comment on trying to help with this, rather than bashing Remix or recommending Bootleg, thanks.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
Remix is not only way outdated from the early 90's, it is also really buggy AND a VERY BAD CHOICE for everyone.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
And the alternative is doing a few hours of work to maybe get Bootleg to install correctly.
Except Bootleg consistently DOES work correctly, and Remix consistently DOESN'T. If you don't want people bashing Remix, then don't ask for help with it, because it really is broken to the point that the only real solution to any problem you're likely to run into is to skip it entirely and use an alternative.

Cooter

Regardless of what you people are saying, the 9999 is the only issue I have with Remix, so to me it works fine.  It's not a matter of me not wanting people to bash Remix, it's about people trolling and not bothering to help.  I have seen most people on here being helpful with other issues, but when I have a question there is no help or even a "sorry, but that's not compatible," or whatever. 

I would rather not have to sit and download 50+ files that are MANDATORY for the installer to work correctly.  I don't have tons of free time to wait and download that many files and hope I didn't miss one along the way.  The game was awesome when it came out, adding a few like Avalanche, Aali, and PRP are fine with me.  Even the basic MIDI's are fine.  To each his own I guess. 

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
I certainly wish that Bootleg were contained in 1 file.
It would make the project much easier to maintain.
It's extremely difficult to code for all the various mod archives.
Unfortunately, many mod authors do not want us to so easily enjoy their work.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It has nothing to do with trolling.  You come here demanding help but haven't looked around enough to even know you have to supply us some details.  You say aalis driver aint workin?  Well we need to know if you've done exactly what is said to do here...

no Aails driver = problem.  If you wanna work with old driver and cant be bothered to find this info, search for yamp 9999 patch.

You simply haven't given us anything to go on other than "it isn't working and I don't want to work hard to find out why"

You were given a viable alternative to the BROKEN and sometimes GAME BREAKER remix... and yet then you came back with "That's too much work".  You have to manually install aalis driver before ANYTHING else...

You cannot have your cake and eat it.

More over, the people who made these mods and installers deserve more respect than you are giving.  It seems to be a case of wanting your ass cleaned at the same time.
« Last Edit: 2011-11-02 03:32:01 by DLPB »

Cooter

My "too much work" comment had nothing to do with installing Aali's driver.  It was the amount of time it would take to download and install all the files for Bootleg.  That's why Bootleg doesn't appeal to me... for now.  I took a fresh FF7 install and put Remix right on top.  I was trying to install Aali's .11 on top of Remix and ran into issues because of the 9999 breaker.  My actual question was:
Any idea how to get the .11 integrated with Remix?

I think that DLPB has taken what I said out of context or didn't fully read what I wrote. 

I have respect for the people that have taken the time to develop these mods.  They are much more talented that I will ever be.  I am simply enjoying the fruits of their labor.  They have a love for the game that surpasses mine.

So...

DLPB - Sorry if I brought out the T word but I have read enough posts to know that you aren't a fan of Remix.  I assumed that it would be a yes or no type answer.  I know that 1.02 has to be installed first, along with Aali's after, which is why I was wondering if it was possible to update to .11 from what Remix has.  I also said that hardcore mode in Remix has it installed, so my guess now is that maybe that it the way it was intended, as you will need the 9999+ to deal with the harder enemies.  The "too much work" comment wasn't made as a "I want you to figure out my problem," but it was meant that I don't feel like going through all the time it will take to download all 50+ files for Bootleg.  Maybe I might space it out and take a week or so to do that, as I don't always have free time to be able to be on to download more than a few files at a time.  Who knows.  I guess for now I'll install 1.02 and Aali's .11 and be ok with the game.  Maybe one day when my love for the game reaches the level that it seems most others are on then I will take the time to mod this right.  I apologize to those that I may have offended. 

yutsi

• View Profile
I'm getting an error upon running Run FFVII-Remix.bat or the corresponding shortcut: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." and I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium x64. I downloaded this mod compilation because I would get this error, which I have gotten on non-64-bit applications before, and was under the assumption that this was compatible with x64. My APP.LOG is as follows:
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 8400M GS/PCI/SSE2 2.1.2
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x800, output resolution 1280x800, internal resolution 1280x800
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.788000, frames: 3717
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save04.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save08.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save09.ff7
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
stop_sound
stop_sound
-=-=[END OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 287
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
WM_CLOSE
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

Thanks in advance.

[EDIT]:
FF7 is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII
« Last Edit: 2011-11-09 00:11:07 by yutsi »

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I can't seem to be able to leave FF7 alone a few months without having to start over from scratch every time I get the itch!

It also seem's people are moving over to this Bootleg patcher, a great idea, but I'm suffering from issues with FF7 before I even get to try it out.

This time, from fresh full install, then Remix 2.5.1, I'm having some lag issues before even getting to the elevator in the Bombing Mission. I'm getting bits of lag whenever the guards use the "Machine Gun" attack, but nothing you'd think anything of if it didn't happen consistently. Also getting slightly more noticeable lag immediately before and after naming Barret, I put this down to the game moving from field to FMV, when Cloud looks at the reactor. Get to the bridge, again lag whenever Machine Gun is used. Things then take a turn for the worse, with lag being so severe the game is unplayable, after Barret joins the party and around and about when Jesse opens the door for you.

Any thoughts? I can't think of anything relevant from my past experiences with the remixer.

Any advice would be awesome,

Sed

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
The Remix is REALLY outdated. There is a reason everyone moves on to the Bootleg project, it's because it's kept up-to-date while the Remix clearly is not. We won't help you on any issues you have with Remix. I recommend you to try Bootleg.

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
If you would wander over to the Bootleg topic, you'll see that I am trying to use it. It's a bit confusing, I'm under the impression I'm to install the remix first then try the bootleg. I see no point going any further until I've addressed the issues I'm having so early on.

austin

Might i ask what the minor fixes to my mod were? Are they something i need to add to mine?

i can't open the file. the file unknown format or damage.. help please

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
austin: It's sort of difficult to say something useful, since you don't tell us what kind of file you're trying to open. (Or how; Did you get this in-game, or double-clicking a file in Windows?)
Either way, my generic response in this context is to make sure you have WinRAR and 7Zip installed. Another possibility is that your download failed, in which case you'll have to try downloading the installer again.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
7zip can open rar....

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
... Oops, didn't think of that.

DarkCloud13

• View Profile
Hey, could someone help me with the advent children mod? I installed it and the field version works fine, but in battle, all the characters are black and cloud does not have a head. I have Aali's Custom Drive installed and I also set the config to high resolution. Plz help.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The Remix is REALLY outdated. There is a reason everyone moves on to the Bootleg project, it's because it's kept up-to-date while the Remix clearly is not. We won't help you on any issues you have with Remix. I recommend you to try Bootleg.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
The Advent Children Mod is illegal, buggy and no support for it will be given here. Period.

DarkCloud13

• View Profile
Im not looking for the illegal crappy version. Is there a better version that remodels the characters here?