Author Topic: FF7 Fort Condor questions  (Read 2309 times)

liquidmetalrob

• View Profile
    • Brickio
FF7 Fort Condor questions
« on: 2014-07-20 19:50:31 »
Hi everyone, can anyone help me understand the way Fort Condor works a little better?

In terms of the story I just got the buggy. I went back to do the first Fort Condor battle because I wanted the Magic Comb for Red XIII. According to the Final Fantasy Wiki:
"Each battle can only be fought during specific times during the game. If the player moves forward in the story and does not fight the battle, it is lost forever. Skipping a battle means the player does not win the prize for the battle they are currently fighting and instead get the prize for the battle they skipped."
So because of that I expected to be doing:
"Battle 4: After getting the buggy, but before going to Cosmo Canyon. The prize is a Megalixir. This battle has 30 enemies."
But when I did it the guy told me I was going to be fighting 10 enemies, which sounds like the first battle. I did the battle and got Magic Comb which is the prize for the first battle. Now it's telling me that Shinra aren't attacking at the moment.
So my question is how do I do the next battle? Do I have to do what the Wiki says about battle 5 and "After choosing party members for the Cave of the Gi".
On this page http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=3227.0 it says that "Shinra will be back ready for another round... if 6 or more ticks have passed since the last battle!" Can anyone tell me what it means by ticks?

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
Re: FF7 Fort Condor questions
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-20 20:09:36 »
In the thread you referenced it says this:

One proviso for that last one: if Shinra attacked one or more times while you're away, the battle you fight when you come back will not include the ones Fort Condor won in the meantime; their wins are only added *after* you beat Shinra's current attack.  So if you'd completed Battle 4 the last time you were there, and Shinra attacked twice in your abcense (and Fort Condor had enough gil to repel both of those), you'd return to fight Battle 5, and the next battle in the sequence would be Battle 8.   

And yeah, probably just go back to Fort Condor after you select party members for the cave of the gi to do the next battle.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-20 20:19:58 by xLostWingx »