Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4924770 times)

renzai

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #2775 on: 2016-03-01 20:10:07 »
Sega Chief,

I started a new run for the first time and I guess I had a controller fix mod installed so some of the patch did not apply successfully.  Originally I couldn't access the rank up menu.  I ended up reinstalling and repatching at the train graveyard save point.  I read somewhere the first rank up is around here or the pillar but I've made it to the shinra HQ save without being able to rank up so far.  I can access the menu now just fine.

Did I miss the points previous to the train GY because of the bad install?  Should I worry about being under powered later because of not being able to rank up yet?

Tried to search on here and insanedifficulty but couldn't find anything after putting in some effort. Thanks for your help and enjoying this greatly so far.  The 2nd scorp and chocobo commander both surprised me and made me laugh my ass off.  And the 2nd reactor button scene which i failed of course ;-)

OSACHIE

• View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: 2016-03-01 20:31:04 »
 :-( Dont know if im to late cause your one download link for version 1.35 from media fire is broken - is v1.3 that different? that one works on the insane difficulty site - but id rather get this one - very intrested in trying your mod

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: 2016-03-01 20:45:03 »
You might as well wait for 1.4, OSACHIE. It's due any day now, with numerous major changes from 1.35 (and by extension, 1.3). :)

OSACHIE

• View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: 2016-03-01 22:05:50 »
Thank you for the info - be much better,Cant Wait - also i downloaded the Ultimate Pc version, then noticed i got wrong one and got the unmodified version (original 1998),so id be all good but did it matter? what is ultima edition? and does it work with this mod?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: 2016-03-02 11:49:34 »
Sega Chief,

I started a new run for the first time and I guess I had a controller fix mod installed so some of the patch did not apply successfully.  Originally I couldn't access the rank up menu.  I ended up reinstalling and repatching at the train graveyard save point.  I read somewhere the first rank up is around here or the pillar but I've made it to the shinra HQ save without being able to rank up so far.  I can access the menu now just fine.

Did I miss the points previous to the train GY because of the bad install?  Should I worry about being under powered later because of not being able to rank up yet?

Tried to search on here and insanedifficulty but couldn't find anything after putting in some effort. Thanks for your help and enjoying this greatly so far.  The 2nd scorp and chocobo commander both surprised me and made me laugh my ass off.  And the 2nd reactor button scene which i failed off course ;-)

You'll be fine, if you want to reclaim missing points then sending characters into Battle Square can nab you some extra. You'll just be hitting ranks a little later than normal.

Thank you for the info - be much better,Cant Wait - also i downloaded the Ultimate Pc version, then noticed i got wrong one and got the unmodified version (original 1998),so id be all good but did it matter? what is ultima edition? and does it work with this mod?

The ultima edition is a modified 1998 Original with some dodgy hacks installed into it. When modding, it's always best to use either the steam or original 1998 version.

Update: Been sick since yesterday but I managed to fine-tune the SP AI and all I have to do is copy-paste that into each enemy. Then we're good to go.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: 2016-03-02 14:10:10 »
Update: Been sick since yesterday but I managed to fine-tune the SP AI and all I have to do is copy-paste that into each enemy. Then we're good to go.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: 2016-03-02 14:28:02 »

Did you BUY the game? We have a rule at this site about not helping with pirated copies.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: 2016-03-02 16:03:43 »
I very much doubt you'll get an answer, Covarr. :>

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: 2016-03-02 17:22:13 »
True ff7 fans must have mint ff7 disks, multiple isos to keep the disks mint, the square and the steam versions, just to be sure if one shuts down.

Edit
BTW, if you need an ER nurse I can always take a flight there just to be sure 1.4 sees the light... Don't want hundreds of fans to start having heart attacks and flood my hospital.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-02 17:26:36 by eXistenZe »

OSACHIE

• View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: 2016-03-03 06:17:33 »
Did you BUY the game? We have a rule at this site about not helping with pirated copies.

Lol Yes I own Two sets of Original Final Fantasy 7 one greatest hits and original - i also have A ultima edition on cd as well (that ones got japenese writing on it and says disc a b c instead) i had the Pc version installed a long time ago - i have Steam with a couple of good games i bought(final fantasy online) so no worries i meant Ripped - The only mod i have ever tried and that was applying it to my iso's was final fantasy 7 Hardtype which i am currently only half way though( i suggest ppl atleast try it) - i just stumbled on this page and read all the changes he has done - at first i thought a new threat was a new Weapon ( the machine Bosses at end of game) but who knows mabye that could be later on - i think it would be dope to fight like a ice weapon mabye ontop of the ice cliffs :P

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: 2016-03-03 07:25:39 »
all I have to do is copy-paste that into each enemy. Then we're good to go.

the hype is real

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: 2016-03-03 09:39:36 »
the hype is real
It really is. Been spamming the crap out of F5 since his last post. Almost tempted to start another 1.35 playthrough, just to blow off some steam or something. :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: 2016-03-03 09:45:08 »
True ff7 fans must have mint ff7 disks, multiple isos to keep the disks mint, the square and the steam versions, just to be sure if one shuts down.

Edit
BTW, if you need an ER nurse I can always take a flight there just to be sure 1.4 sees the light... Don't want hundreds of fans to start having heart attacks and flood my hospital.

Saying that, I had to abandon my 1998 installation for the Steam one recently. Something changed, maybe an intel hd optional update, and now it won't run at all. I'll sort it out once 1.4's out.

I don't think we'll quite be seeing anything like ER floods if 1.4 never releases but no worries; I'll see if I can't get that AI pasted across the board today then I'll put the installer together.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: 2016-03-03 10:00:54 »
Is full 7th heaven compatibility a sure thing or will it take some time to make it work?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: 2016-03-03 10:19:36 »
Should be same as before.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: 2016-03-03 10:31:55 »
Speaking of mods. Any recommendations to complement New Threat?

Rasca

• View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: 2016-03-03 10:46:28 »
Speaking of mods. Any recommendations to complement New Threat?

This. I'm pretty new to this modding thing, and just because NT caught my attention, but now that I'm on it... Can you guys recommend something? Specially quality of life stuff or to make it nicer to look at without disrupting the original feeling.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2792 on: 2016-03-04 04:47:56 »
If you are going to wait to use 1.4 with 7th Heaven, then I'd recommend all the Kaldarasha models, all the satsuki textures, and whatever fits your taste for movies and music. Even if there may be a few better model options to choose, e.g. New Bloodshot Tifa, I still prefer consistency across my game. That is why I prefer Kaldarasha for ALL models and satsuki for ALL textures.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: 2016-03-04 19:28:03 »
Sega Chief.

I have a problem on FF7 new threat mod 1.35 that i don't understand. I'm on disc 3 and I didn't see any changes in the Highwind: no menu of disc 2 bosses, I can't find the armorsmith to create the ultimate weapons. Furthermore, i have seen a video where a NPC was in the airship and talks you about the secrets and the localizations of the 4th limits of the characters, and that NPC isn't in my ship. Do you know where i can find this things?

On the other hand, I tried to looked up for some materias but the game laughtes in my face every time, I am talking about: Super Pg, Super Pm, Cut X2, Items X2, and the others Enemy Skills. Do you know where i can find those materias.

Thanks for everything, and i do apologise about my English, I am Spanish, sorry.

Cheers!

PD: BTW, i love this mod, i had surprises and very good times playing it, especially on disc 1. Good work.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: 2016-03-04 19:57:29 »
I'm not Sega Chief naturally, but I'm really bored, while spamming F5, so I'll try to help anyway. o/

Sega Chief.

I have a problem on FF7 new threat mod 1.35 that i don't understand. I'm on disc 3 and I didn't see any changes in the Highwind: no menu of disc 2 bosses, I can't find the armorsmith to create the ultimate weapons. Furthermore, i have seen a video where a NPC was in the airship and talks you about the secrets and the localizations of the 4th limits of the characters, and that NPC isn't in my ship. Do you know where i can find this things?

On the other hand, I tried to looked up for some materias but the game laughtes in my face every time, I am talking about: Super Pg, Super Pm, Cut X2, Items X2, and the others Enemy Skills. Do you know where i can find those materias.

Thanks for everything, and i do apologise about my English, I am Spanish, sorry.

Cheers!

PD: BTW, i love this mod, i had surprises and very good times playing it, especially on disc 1. Good work.

About missing NPCs, being the armorsmith and the dudes on the Highwind. Have you gotten down to the bottom of the Northern Crater (at the point of no return)? Cloud recieves a call at that point, informing you of the "New threats". I would think that would trigger their spawn.

There should be a document on the first page, an excel spreadsheet, called the database or something like that. It lists most (if not all) materia/spells, and where to get them. However, the "Super pg", aka. HP Plus (?) is not ingame, at least not in 1.35.
The "Super pm" aka. MP Plus, can be obtained from an encounter that replaces Yuffie-battle on the worldmap, as well as found in the crater.

If you are going to wait to use 1.4 with 7th Heaven, then I'd recommend all the Kaldarasha models, all the satsuki textures, and whatever fits your taste for movies and music. Even if there may be a few better model options to choose, e.g. New Bloodshot Tifa, I still prefer consistency across my game. That is why I prefer Kaldarasha for ALL models and satsuki for ALL textures.
Do you happen to have any screenshots of the Satsuki textures? My google-fu is weak, appearantly. Thanks for the input, by the way!

dragonmaster0283

• View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: 2016-03-04 19:59:17 »
Sega Chief.

If I remember, the "new threats" npc that spawns and starts all of the new content (lv4 limits, weapons, etc.) Happens just before you go past the point of no return in the north crater near the bottom of it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: 2016-03-04 20:42:25 »
Sega Chief.

Cheers!

The others have covered it, but just to confirm:

To activate the Disc 3 content, go down to the bottom of the North Cave (this area: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/w2Ju3zJfk8E/maxresdefault.jpg)

Most of the Plus Materia were removed, only MP Plus survived (though they'll be returning in the 1.4 update). There's also only one Enemy Skill Materia in the entire game, it was the best way to balance it without nerfing the skills themselves.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: 2016-03-04 23:28:55 »
The others have covered it, but just to confirm:

To activate the Disc 3 content, go down to the bottom of the North Cave (this area: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/w2Ju3zJfk8E/maxresdefault.jpg)

Most of the Plus Materia were removed, only MP Plus survived (though they'll be returning in the 1.4 update). There's also only one Enemy Skill Materia in the entire game, it was the best way to balance it without nerfing the skills themselves.

Thanks Chief and everyone for the support.

I'm doing the new threat things now. I have a lot of questions that i tried to answer myself searching in this thread. The first and the most important is: the life of the bosses in Gold Saucer, specially Variablis, Vorpar and Love Buster, because i can't sense them and so, morphing them is hard, and i need that weapons to craft the ultimate ones. So, Sega-san, please, i need to know the HP of that bosses.

On the other hand, I've notice about the third item and I don't have any idea where to find the nonweapon items needed to craft the ultimates, for example, zenogias feather. I have the feeling that in will find them in the dark cave, but i want to be sure.

I want to now too why i need two batteries and two oversoul shards (the scorpion Boss Form 989966573 gave me when he surrender).

Again, thanks, sorry for my english and please, mercy XD, is my first time modding this game despite having played the original game a lot of times.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: 2016-03-04 23:34:58 by BertShadow »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: 2016-03-05 06:59:01 »
(the scorpion Boss Form 989966573 gave me when he surrender).

:3

Here are the HP Values and what they morph into:
-) Barbariccia: 42,000 (Magic Shuriken)
-) Gil turtle: 35,000 (Wizard Staff)
-) Variablis: 41,000 (Heaven's Cloud)
-) Love Buster: 77,000 (Pile Banger)
-) Abyss: 132,000 (Oversoul Shard)
-) Nyctalopian Dragon: 155,000 (Outsider)
-) Tyrant: 163,000 (Spring Gun Clip)

Mystery Tank has no morph, and Abyss morphs into a Oversoul Shard which is used for building a Masamune. A lot of the third items will come from fights like Ultimate Weapon (Zenogias Feather), Lv.4 Limit sidequests, Dark Cave, etc. You can get Batteries from Golem enemies, mostly.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: 2016-03-05 07:46:27 »
Batteries had some kind of use in previous patches, correct? What about now? At least I can't recall finding any real use for them, apart from the boxes on the way to Shinra Building the first time.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-05 09:01:05 by Mithrain »