Author Topic: New Threat Crash  (Read 2654 times)

Hansibus

• View Profile
New Threat Crash
« on: 2016-08-16 09:23:01 »
Hello, I'm playing the Steam Version with the 7th Heaven installer.
I've had a few crashes during the game, but I simply disabled the mods at that point since it were only small passages (when you fall down in the church in sector 5 and when you reach floor 60 in the shinra HQ). But now the problem seems to be in a whole cave (random battles in Mythril Mines).
Through testing I found out that the mod responsible seems to be New Threat. Since I heard a new system is introduced at that point in the game I really don't want to play Mythril Mines without that mod. Did anyone have a similar problem and knows a fix?
I installed the game under D:\Games
If I simply skip random battles with Enemy Away Materia i can fight Rude normally, but it will crash afterwards when I have to go into the northern room.

Edit: I re-downloaded the .iro from here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14938.0 instead of using the catalogue, problem seems to be fixed. But I've seen in a let's play from march that after every battle a "SP gained" message is supposed to come. I don't have that, has it been removed?
« Last Edit: 2016-08-16 10:28:33 by Hansibus »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: New Threat Crash
« Reply #1 on: 2016-08-16 16:00:53 »
The problem is that some new field models used in those fields appear to be missing/incomplete in the catalog version; in the latest build, the SP message will not display for enemies pre-Midgar (maybe even Kalm/Ranch area) and/or for enemies that are lower level than every active character in the party.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: New Threat Crash
« Reply #2 on: 2016-08-17 02:20:07 »
I am away from my computer on vacation. I will update the catalog when I get back with all SC's models.