Author Topic: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf  (Read 210869 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: [REL] Red Werewolf
« Reply #450 on: 2014-08-28 13:43:48 »
We'll need to figure out the hex file for the ff7.exe. Then it wont conflict with other mods. Otherwise sharing will be easy. For the simplest installation I'll put together an iro for 7thHeaven, so using the mod wont be difficult at all. Otherwise those who prefer direct installation with lgps will know how to install the model. 

Thought Berserker Dance would work fine since it used the Galian Beast skeleton, I didn't realize it was the same as his attack animation. I'll set it to something else than. So that should be fine and I can fix this within five minutes. I need an idea of how we put together the hex file though.

Also can the rwab file effect the models size by any chance? I have no idea why he's shorter than Cloud, the model shouldn't be much shorter than the original.

~Just did a size comparison in kimera, the Werewolf is quite bigger than the original Galian Beast.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-28 13:54:15 by cmh175 »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2014-08-28 15:30:57 »
Unfortunally i cant help you about this, like i said before modding limits break for PSX seems to be easier ( look like its the only aspect more simple than for PC)

For example on playstation you only need to edit one file ,and insert it, just like you did with sjab etc. I dunno what they modify on the ff7.exe

About the size > gallian beast is a small character ( i talk about the original) i think he is even smaller than vincent human form. So thats maybe why your model is so small? Why do you need to have him having the same size than cloud for limits break since he dont use his animation? Or maybbe its because his idle animation? ( i noticed too that he was like " floating" , probably the werewolf feets are smaller than gallian beast original feets?)
« Last Edit: 2014-08-28 15:33:12 by Jeet »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2014-08-28 15:34:17 »
Something happened with the animation. I tried replacing it with the original one though and he still does that, just leaned over now. I have no idea why...

Really? Well damn that's probably why I guess. I guess I'll try another 50% increase than. A Werewolf shorter than Cloud isn't very imposing.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2014-08-28 16:21:43 »
I'm fairly certain the only way the **ab file would affect height is in the case of bombs where they are told to grow.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2014-08-29 16:57:30 »
The model has been enlarged to near prehistorical proportions so it'll now be about Vincents height or so, and I fixed the animations so the wolf doesn't seem to float and his feet no longer stick through the ground. The limits will be completed this evening so an official release will be ready very soon. Kuroda what's the status on the field model files? Did you say they're done or are you putting them together now? When they're ready can you send them over please? That's the last real piece needed for an official release, which we'd like to do this evening if possible.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #455 on: 2014-08-29 19:45:37 »
I'm fairly certain the only way the **ab file would affect height is in the case of bombs where they are told to grow.

It's actually their AI that tells them to grow.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2014-08-30 01:23:57 »
Update to show new model size. He towers over Cloud now, he's about the same height as Vincent but is as thick and muscular looking as Barret. It's pretty badass.

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2014-08-30 01:44:33 »
THAT LOOKS PERFECT!!!

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2014-08-30 02:42:06 »
Limits are all working and patched. All I have to do is extract the code into a hex. All is almost done but the good ol field models.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2014-08-31 01:32:26 »
It's looking unlikely we'll be able to make a hex file for an altered ff7.exe so manual installation will probably be required. I'm planning to go back to the idea of using Wallmarket and creating a kernel patch with the new limits. For compatibility it would be ideal to make an option for each gameplay and story mod, but there's quite a few and honestly I'm burnt out from this project. By any chance is there a tool that can automatically patch kernel.bin files? Otherwise installation will require Wallmarket to apply the patch. It's an easy enough process and directions will be provided, that's probably the best that can be done.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2014-09-01 16:18:29 »
There's been a lot up with the confusion of trying to export the limits to a hex file so here's a status update. The battle model is completed and I did add a compatibility patch for gameplay mods. There's something new being put together for the battle model though so just waiting to finalize that. Wolfman and I are going to have to recreate the field model conversion of Red XIII to Barret ourselves so that's now a side project of it's own, so there wont be a field model for now. Hoping for everything else to be ready fairly soon.

Installation will include a direct method for the lgps, but I seriously recommend 7thHeaven for this mod. It includes a lot of game changing files and installing another Red XIII model over top of it later on may not work correctly. So either keep backups of your files or just use the 7H version.

Leet

• Active member at other FF7 modding site - PM me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2014-09-02 07:05:57 »
This really has turned out to be a nightmare for the two of you hasnt it. Honestly though if people really want to use the mod bad enough then they will probably go to whatever lengths neccessary to to install it. look at how much work it is to get ffvii running in itself. install the game convert and patch it, run the bootleg program select what you want. and then you have to manually extract and repack the lgp files to add models and extras lol. FF7 modding was never the simplest task so i really don't see why installing this would be treated differently. hope you manage to get it all completed at some point.....good luck.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2014-09-02 12:54:43 »
Thanks man, the mod's actually done luckily. Well the battle model and limits at least, we have to recreate and mimic the original field model conversion though so Red XIII can use Barrets skeleton. We're just waiting to finalize a new idea before releasing the battle model.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2014-09-02 16:23:46 »
Thanks Leet. Ya its been a nightmare for cmh and just insane for me as my crazy @$$ decided this would be a good idea for my first mod ever in any game and with no 3D experience at all. Wow. But if you're bored look at the WIP thread and glance through it. I cannot believe we are where we are today after some of the things we went through. Jeet has been a hug contributor as well. I'm happy I did this first though. I've learned a lot and had I had more experience I would have probably psyched myself out of doing it because I would have known the hurdles.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2014-09-03 13:10:44 »
Well I just wanted to post an update for anyone following either one of the two threads. We have the WIP thread and the REL thread in graphic releases. Cmh Jeet Kaldarasha and myself have been working very hard on this project and we are nearing the end of this chapter of my books. I don't know what my next mod will be but I can assure you it won't be a complete replacement ever again. Lol.
Battle mod:: 97.5%
Sculpt and cut - 100%
Import - 100%
Texture - 95% (I will be adding some detail after the final release)
Animate - 95% (there will probably be a few tweaks in the future)

Field mod:: 92.5%
Sculpt and cut - 100%
Import - 100%
Texture - 95%
Animate - 75% (adapting to Barrett's skeleton is complete. Most of the animations have been mapped so Red uses appropriate animations for his scenes. Only a handful of animations remain. Last tweak is bending the knees backwards. Fingers crossed)

This has been an insane amount of work and learning. Thanks everyone for the patience support and input. Expected final release date - 9/12/14. If not sooner :) I hope everyone who uses Red Werewolf enjoys him. Please give feedback of any problems you may find. Thank you.

Special thanks to the developers of all the amazing tools used for this project::
zBrush
Lgp/unlgp
Kimera
Makou Reactor
Jenova Project
Pcreator
Img2tex
DLPB's hex tools
7th Heaven
« Last Edit: 2014-09-03 13:13:19 by WolfMan »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2014-09-03 14:24:12 »
Thanks to whoever fused my two threads. You gotten rid of the confusion. I appreciate it.

Leet

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2014-09-03 20:19:28 »
9/12/14?.......before christmas then? Lol just kidding, well if its nearly done i will be able to catch up with you in other places soon  ;). Im still there but my stuff is not in general anymore. Good luck with completion buddy.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2014-09-03 20:23:45 »
I'd like to see this completed closer to this weekend. The field conversion is the biggest hurdle at this point and there's about 40 of 77 animations completed for the model. I think together we can wrap up the remaining 37 before long.

MarinoKadame

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2014-09-03 20:51:41 »
I wish lot of other models would get a custom model in HD like that. The work that got put into this project is insane. I wonder what will be your next project once you are done with Red XIII.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2014-09-03 22:11:53 »
Thanks Marino. Honestly I'm going to move on to unconverted models next. This was a dream of mine but since I had no experience in 3D I didn't think I could do it. But I finally said screw it I'm doing it. But now I'm giving back to the community and doing some stuff that hasn't been done.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2014-09-04 02:51:51 »
After I do some unconverted models the next character I want to do is aerith.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2014-09-04 04:56:44 »

By the way in case anyone was wondering I have included an avatar for the model. :)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #472 on: 2014-09-04 11:55:45 »
After I do some unconverted models the next character I want to do is aerith.

That would be great!!!

Leet

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2014-09-04 14:17:28 »
Nice avatar there.....just to let you know when you are ready to take it on i have an aerith model in .obj format to give you a head start. I cant discuss it on qhimm but ill send you a pm instead.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2014-09-04 15:13:39 »
I wish lot of other models would get a custom model in HD like that. The work that got put into this project is insane. I wonder what will be your next project once you are done with Red XIII.

At first we need a base where all models are HQ, then we can go on and make more projects like this.

@Wolfman
You should give a proper 3D editor a chance. ZBrush is fine for sculpting but it aims more for impressive renderers instead of creating good models for games (doesn't mean that an experienced user could better work with that). Currently your model eats a lot of space, because it's too high poly considering the detail it has. It will really help you if you learn how to make out of a cube a character model. It won't be so easy as it may is in ZBrush, but you will have a better control over the modeling process itself. I think after a while you will have a much better understanding how to create certain things in a faster way and all this will help you when you plan a Red Werewolf V2 (I have no doubts that this will be happen. It's your first work and it's great, but with more experience you will shake your head and think what have I done - that's my problem when I look at older models of my ChaOS project ;D).