Final Fantasy 8 > Releases

[FF8PC-Steam] Hard Mode and Add-on's Launcher (2017-08-25)

<< < (3/19) > >>

eXistenZe:
Making a new hard.dll is also a needed, since the game is already easy by itself. The other dlls break it even more.
Doubling the enemy's level (some even triple it) and increasing their speed would be great. You reach a point with haste and speed-J that makes most enemies dummies without a single chance to attack. With the working hp limit break, it's also better to increase enemies HP, attack and m-attack than crippling party's damage...

Mortael:
I'll have a look at the Hard.dll, definitely, after I've got my head around the damage/hp, what I'm doing so far, is essentially isolating the changed strings, decoding them to decimal, replacing the string by encoding back to hexadecimal, and then trial and error to get the correct outcome - there is a chance, these might in-fact be the original values, or relating to damage as oppose to HP... Again, down to trial and error!

My aim is to make it really vital to break hp limit- so through the use of HP-ups/hp bonus, have all monsters above a certain level break damage limit, so this makes 255 vit less of a joke, when monsters hit you for 50 etc. The battle system as we know it is totally broken, but because we know this we can find a workaround, but it will take time to make the changes... A lot of time.

Highlighted the first couple here:

Mortael:
I also found the integers that control the max number of hitpoints too <3 Of course, you can only have up to 32,727... Any number that exceeds FFFF will cause glitches. So, I changed it to 30,000 just to demonstrate, that the resulting number effects max hp, for those who are a bit OCD and like well-rounded numbers, here we are:

Now... I have a theory that there must be a conflicting integer that gets read as oppose to this figure here... Or an integer that correlates to having the max hp being read or something.. Idk yet! Although, I've been quite lucky to have the HP break each time I've played the game since I've editted it from 32K.. Could be a fluke, so I may enlist a testing force :D

p.s. there used to be a weird buggy issue with the 32K hp, that would make your character jump up and down when healed at max hp, that is no longer the case at 30K, if that bothered you- furthermore it's pretty fun to see your HP at "0" Yet still in white ;) ...Not sure if there will ever be a way to have more than 5 integers displayed at once as HP near character name.

For a MORE difficult mod, I could change the max HP to 5K or even lower, even 500, this will ensure more frequent 1 hit KOs on your party ;)

DLPB_:

--- Quote from: eXistenZe on 2015-01-06 20:51:02 ---Making a new hard.dll is also a needed, since the game is already easy by itself. The other dlls break it even more.
Doubling the enemy's level (some even triple it) and increasing their speed would be great. You reach a point with haste and speed-J that makes most enemies dummies without a single chance to attack. With the working hp limit break, it's also better to increase enemies HP, attack and m-attack than crippling party's damage...

--- End quote ---

If all these dlls do is change memory at run time, then use HextLaunch with Hext instruction files.  It's as simple as editing and adding text files that way.

Nightshade:
If you close game without closing launcher and push play button to start game, hext launcher will not work. It is bad tool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version