Miscellaneous Forums > Misc. Tools

[FF7/FF8/Squaresoft Games] texture conversion - Vincent Tim (1.2.1)

(1/2) > >>

myst6re:
So like qt-lzs, I publish my own tool to work with tim and tex formats.

Download on GitHub

The main purpose of this command-line tool is to export and reimport a texture image to be able to modify this texture with an image editor.
But it is also possible to convert tim <=> tex, and to search and extract tim files from a file.

Mcindus:

--- Quote from: myst6re on 2014-07-27 16:10:07 ---So like qt-lzs, I publish my own tool to work with tim and tex formats.

Download on SourceForge
Contribute on GitHub

The main purpose of this command-line tool is to export and reimport a texture image to be able to modify this texture with an image editor.
But it is also possible to convert tim <=> tex, and to search and extract tim files from a file.

--- End quote ---

This is the tool I wish I had for the past year... lol  AMAZING.
If I'm going to extract a .tim or .tex from the .exe and try to re-insert it, am I going to have problems because the .exe wants to be exactly the same size?  I'm a nub and can barely wrap my head around command line, so forgive me if I sound ignorant.

myst6re:

--- Quote from: Mcindus on 2014-07-27 20:52:17 ---If I'm going to extract a .tim or .tex from the .exe and try to re-insert it, am I going to have problems because the .exe wants to be exactly the same size?  I'm a nub and can barely wrap my head around command line, so forgive me if I sound ignorant.

--- End quote ---

You will probably have some problems if you insert larger data in an executable.

Sorry, but it seems that Vincent Tim 1.0 doesn't work correctly, here are the list of known bugs:

* Alpha is not exported with the palette (already fixed for the next version)
* Modified pngs are not imported correctly, especially if the palette in the 8-bit png was modified or removed by the image editor
It will be fixed soon.

myst6re:
So I have a beta version for the 1.1: Vincent Tim 1.1b
Now export/modify/import a tex file should work correctly.

A 8-bit PNG must remain a 8-bit PNG, with the same indexes, it does not work otherwise. It is possible to edit the palette by editing the *.palette.png file.

This is a beta, all ideas and suggestions are welcome :)

myst6re:
Version 1.1 released!
https://sourceforge.net/projects/vincenttim/files/Version%201.1/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version