Author Topic: How to add new textures to the modpath?  (Read 5424 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
How to add new textures to the modpath?
« on: 2015-05-17 02:55:35 »
So I'm importing a new potion model that is made of two parts.  The container, and the liquid.  I want the container to use alpha blending by way of the mod folder, but can't figure out how to force the game to apply it.   The model is ccha.hrc and its texture is ccha.tex

In mods/reunion/char/ I have put ccha.tex, ccha.png, and ccha_00.png.  But the app.log doesn't appear to be looking for it anywhere.  It seems to be that since the original ccha.hrc doesn't use a texture, that the modpath isn't expecting one, so it isn't searching for one.  Any idea how I can make it start searching?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: How to add new textures to the modpath?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-05-17 10:44:30 »
Is ccha.tex in the char.lgp as well (or in the direct folder if enabled)? Actually ccha_00.png should be enough in the mod path.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-17 11:11:13 by Kaldarasha »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-05-17 15:52:52 »
Yeah I've tried it both with it in the lgp and not.  I've also tried in the direct folder, but the only search it does is for ccha.tex within the direct folder.   I've converted the png to a tex with textool when putting it in the direct folder, so I know the alpha channel has been preserved, it's just not applying it.   I can send you the files if you think you might have an idea of what to do.

From looking at the app.log, I don't think it's searching the .hrc and .rsd files to see what texture to load, I think it's getting that information from somewhere else, otherwise it would show that it either succeeded loading ccha_00.png or failed, yet it shows nothing.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-05-18 14:58:41 »
 You can send it to me maybe I find out why it isn't. But at the moment I'm as clueless as you.  :|

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-05-18 16:18:55 »
pm sent

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-05-21 06:43:55 »
I'm positive that the modpath do work. I checked the lgp version of the model and after that I replaced the tex file with a dummy tex file and put ccha_00.png in mods/textures/char. Both ways have worked, however the opacity which you have in Kimera didn't. It is possible to add the transparency effect by activating the average or unknown(broken) blending mode but here comes a problem with Aali's current driver which adds an extra transparency to the texture.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14922.msg215708#msg215708

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-05-21 21:10:48 »
You got it to load from the modpath?  Guess I'll have to boot up the desktop computer and try again.  I'll try it with a dummy .tex file and see if it does actually load from the modpath, I just didn't see any evidence of it in the app.log.  There was never any mention of it searching for ccha_00.

Talking to Aali, he says that to get true alpha blending, fancy transparency must be set to ON and blending on the model must be DISABLED.  Perhaps the texture got messed up and no longer has an alpha channel.  I'll go jump on my computer and see if I can have any success.

Leet

• Active member at other FF7 modding site - PM me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-05-21 21:32:09 »
I know i may be way off here but what about placing the png in the reunion folder or the subdirectory for field assuming that you are using reunion. Its just a guess because the mod path is actually changed to mods/reunion when its installed.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-05-21 21:43:15 »
Yeah it's in mods/reunion/char.  It is actually searching for it in the modpath (no idea what I was doing the first time around that I couldn't find it in the app.log)   But the problem now is that the alpha channel isn't being used.