Miscellaneous Forums > Misc. Tools

[FFX] Skill editor - Ronso (v0.3.1.0)

<< < (10/11) > >>

Lyrithus:
Surely there is someone, (Pbirdman, Fuzzy), that could make use of the tools memory mining ability, as well as perhaps cheat engine, to figure out corresponding Game Data files that store said information? if we can data mine the actual game files, and compile/edit/translate THOSE, that would be the god key to modding the game, period.

*EDIT* Using the VBFbrowser tool, the files directories that contain all battle mechanics files can be unpacked and extracted, as well as injected. Here are some screenshots:

^^ Seems to contain a lot of animation and texture data, but also text data regarding various battle data strings

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

^^ Contains meta data for battle mechanics regarding enemy abilities, stats, AI, and action animations/VFX. It also contains data for npcs outside of battle it looks like.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

^^ What appears to be the battle data regarding an enemy monster (fiend), whatever "m001" correlates too, I do not know yet. But surely, with this, and tools like Ronso and Cheat Engine, we can determine which hex values of active memory belong to which parent data files? Then all we need is to convert tools like Ronso and FFXED that, instead of reading RAM values, can read/write to those data files, correct?

Husbjörn:

--- Quote from: Dark_Ansem on 2021-03-21 10:20:21 ---Alas, after 2 years, guess this is going nowhere.

--- End quote ---

Sorry for the late reply. To summarize, Ronso is probably not going anywhere further no, however I have (slowly, whenever I have some spare time to spend on it) made some further reverse engineering of the Steam version of the game and I have a pretty concrete idea of a kind of modding suite I'd like to make from it. I don't want to draw any undue attention to it until I'm 100% sure I can deliver on it (both in terms of stable functionality and actually being able to get it fully put together and released) though.
But yeah, I still have my interest in FFX and am at least intending to make something of it.

@Lyrithus: Interesting finds!
If it can be repacked without the need for any (unknown) encryption that should definitely be a possibility. Keep in mind that the data on disk and in memory may not necessarily be laid out in the same order however. Personally I think that direct memory access is better for trying out / experimenting with things. It can also offer greater capabilities as you don't necessarily have to keep within the limits of the game's expected data (ie. maybe enemy AI only has 16Kb of instruction memory alloted to it, modifying stat growth for character A may also affect character B and so on). But once you have a concrete idea of what you want to do (and assuming it is possible within the game's confines), then making a persistent file-based mod would of course have its clear advantages. :)

Dark_Ansem:

--- Quote from: Husbjörn on 2021-05-27 08:57:30 ---Sorry for the late reply. To summarize, Ronso is probably not going anywhere further no, however I have (slowly, whenever I have some spare time to spend on it) made some further reverse engineering of the Steam version of the game and I have a pretty concrete idea of a kind of modding suite I'd like to make from it. I don't want to draw any undue attention to it until I'm 100% sure I can deliver on it (both in terms of stable functionality and actually being able to get it fully put together and released) though.
But yeah, I still have my interest in FFX and am at least intending to make something of it.

@Lyrithus: Interesting finds!
If it can be repacked without the need for any (unknown) encryption that should definitely be a possibility. Keep in mind that the data on disk and in memory may not necessarily be laid out in the same order however. Personally I think that direct memory access is better for trying out / experimenting with things. It can also offer greater capabilities as you don't necessarily have to keep within the limits of the game's expected data (ie. maybe enemy AI only has 16Kb of instruction memory alloted to it, modifying stat growth for character A may also affect character B and so on). But once you have a concrete idea of what you want to do (and assuming it is possible within the game's confines), then making a persistent file-based mod would of course have its clear advantages. :)

--- End quote ---

Great news!

Rospark:
Hey there, does anybody still have ronso? The links are dead and I cant seem to download anywhere else.

-Ori:

--- Quote from: Rospark on 2021-11-01 17:46:50 ---Hey there, does anybody still have ronso? The links are dead and I cant seem to download anywhere else.

--- End quote ---

the link from the first post actually isn't dead - i just downloaded it, but you may have to right click on the link, copy it, then paste in a new tab/window

these forums have been doing that for awhile, ever since the switch to https i think - and unfortunately there's not much of a maintenance crew here to fix things either

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version