Final Fantasy 8 > Releases

[PSX] Final Fantasy 8 HACK - International GF Job System

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dark_Ansem:
Shouldn't flying enemies be vulnerable to Rinoa, Irvine and Quistis?

joedram0:
Yea, Quistis will Hit flying enemies more reliably than Selphie and Zell but it can miss. Irvine and Rinoa will Hit flying enemies most of the time , if not all of the time. What you said is how it technically is in game but I couldn't give Quisits nearly the same accuracy as Irvine or Rinoa since Squall already has perfect Hit so flying enemies would be easily hit by four of six characters. If I did that, there would be no point to this mechanic because then only Zell and Selphie would not hit flyers.

If there was a way to change Squalls Hit, I definitely would make him in between Quistis and Selphie but I dont think you can change his Hit because the Gunblade accuracy is hardcoded as far as I know.

joedram0:
International GF Job System Version 1.2 Update
Updates.

GF job classes can now be viewed in the tutorial.

Quistis + Selphie Crisis Level HP Multiplier has been reduced, meaning Quistis will proc a limit with more HP than other characters. Their HP does not
need to be critical for a limit to show up. This was done specifically to Quistis to ensure that she has greater versatility because of her Blue Magic.

Zell and Irvine's Limit Timers have been slightly reduced, with the Crisis Level 4 Timer now being 10 seconds instead of 12 for Zell, and 22 seconds
instead of 26 for Irvine.

Angel Wing now gives Regen, Shell, Haste and Float to differentiate it from the Faith command which made Angel Wing redundant and less powerful.

WEAPON CHANGES
I still didn't like how the weapons emphasized strength over Weapon power which offset the reductions to the junctions. After some more testing,
early game characters without STR junctions did negligible damage. Base Str damage has been adjusted for to be higher at low levels, with physical characters
having around 13 STR instead of 8. That change allowed for an overhaul in Weapon Damage to be based on Weapon Power and not a Strength boost. The reason
for this, is that weapons should get stronger based on the weapon and not the boost to strength (Why would Irvine's Guns make him stronger). Calculating
the attack formula allowed for their to be greater increases in weapon attack with and without junctions at all levels. Squall, Irvine and Rinoa have
weaponry that raises in attack power but doesn't provide much of a boost to STR. Zell, Quistis and Selphie maintain their strength boosts,
with less variation in Weapon att power.

Weapon      ATT  STR
Squall
Revolver  - 20 + 7
Shear Tri - 24 + 7
Cutting   - 28 + 7
Flame Sab - 30 + 7
Twin Lanc - 34 + 7
Punishmen - 38 + 7
Lionheart - 42 + 8

Zell
Metal K - 15 + 10
Maveric - 18 + 14
Gauntle - 20 + 18
Ehrgeiz - 25 + 32

Irvine
Valiant - 22 + 5
Ulysses - 28 + 5
Bismark - 32 + 5
Exeter  - 38 + 5

Quistis
Chain W - 14 + 10
Slaying - 16 + 15
Red Sco - 18 + 20
Save T  - 22 + 28

Selphie
Flail    - 14 + 8
Morning  - 16 + 14
Crescent - 18 + 18
Strange  - 20 + 26

Rinoa
Pinwheel - 20 + 4
Valkyrie - 22 + 4
Rising S - 25 + 4
Cardinal - 30 + 4
Shooting - 35 + 4

International GF Job System Version 1.2 Patch Download
PATCH DOWNLOAD

Percival:
  Aww, man! Where was this patch around 8 years ago, when I was still using emulators. Now I spend all my time on the Steam version.

I might have to find an ISO of FF8 just so I can try this out.

Rikku:
This seems soo interesting !!!

But i have one question, for all really !

If you have to associate some magic with GF, in order to only junction (and use maybe, but i want to focus on junction) these magics when certain GF is junstioned, what will be your suggestions?

An example of what i am saying could be, Ifrit only allow you to junction fire, fira and firaga.

Etc...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version