Final Fantasy 7 > General Discussion

[FFVII PSX] - Play Mod on Real Hardware

(1/1)

xLostWingx:
Is anyone aware of any hard guidelines for developing a FFVII PSX Mod that will work on an actual Playstation 1 without crashing?

I see that meesbaker has released some mods that are compatible with real hardware.  I've used a Gameshark Pro to alter attack animations, equipment stats, materia characteristics, enemy stats, and some other data that is stored in the kernel and scene without crashing the game.  I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to make thousands of adjustments to the kernel.bin and scene.bin and expect the game to play on the Playstation...but then again, maybe it is possible?

Depending on the limitations, I'd like to put together a simple difficulty mod that could run on real hardware.  Depending on what the limitations are (if anyone knows what they might be), I'd be willing to accept something as simple as adjusting the Level and HP on each enemy if that's all I can accomplish. 

Any guidance would be great.  If no one knows, then I will eventually do some testing and report back with my findings (although I can't imagine more than a handful of people have any interest in this information).  Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version