Final Fantasy 8 > Releases

[FF8-PC Steam/Switch] FFVIII Crystal 1.5.6 / Remastered Version 1.1.6

<< < (23/27) > >>

Milion:
Hey there,
i am currently playing through the mod and I've been enjoying it so far :D
Sadly i am unable to continue. I am currently in the second laguna dream and everytime I try to defeat the onslaught of enemies at the cliff (specifically 2 elite Esthat-Soldiers and one Elastoid i think) it crashes the game.

Leythalknight:

--- Quote from: Milion on 2022-01-19 10:42:35 ---Hey there,
i am currently playing through the mod and I've been enjoying it so far :D
Sadly i am unable to continue. I am currently in the second laguna dream and everytime I try to defeat the onslaught of enemies at the cliff (specifically 2 elite Esthat-Soldiers and one Elastoid i think) it crashes the game.

--- End quote ---

I'm glad you've been enjoying the mod :) Thanks for letting me know. Replace your battle files with these: https://www.mediafire.com/file/v5c1lbxwvj92ws8/battle_1-19-22_%2528all_versions%2529.7z/file
It includes files for all versions of the mod.

Whether the game would crash upon killing the Elastoid was inconsistent - I've definitely played through that part without issue and I know others have too - and I couldn't find any problems with the battle-specific scripting for either enemy. Hell, Elastoid's death AI only changes a variable and forces it to die. I could only conclude that the enemy formation itself was the issue, so I replaced the Elastoid with another Eliminator and slightly lowered the odds that they'll use Boomerang Sword.

I'll release a proper update later.
EDIT: Update 1.5.4 / 1.1.4 is out.

Milion:

--- Quote from: Leythalknight on 2022-01-19 17:53:36 ---I'm glad you've been enjoying the mod :) Thanks for letting me know. Replace your battle files with these: https://www.mediafire.com/file/v5c1lbxwvj92ws8/battle_1-19-22_%2528all_versions%2529.7z/file
It includes files for all versions of the mod.

Whether the game would crash upon killing the Elastoid was inconsistent - I've definitely played through that part without issue and I know others have too - and I couldn't find any problems with the battle-specific scripting for either enemy. Hell, Elastoid's death AI only changes a variable and forces it to die. I could only conclude that the enemy formation itself was the issue, so I replaced the Elastoid with another Eliminator and slightly lowered the odds that they'll use Boomerang Sword.

I'll release a proper update later.

--- End quote ---
Thank you so much for the quick answer, it works fine now :)

Milion:
I have encountered another error in my playthrough. Im currently in CD3 and trying to get into Esthar, right before the transition to the 5th Laguna Dream the game crashes everytime. I hope you can find a quick solution to that :D

Zephy:

--- Quote from: Milion on 2022-02-07 09:44:20 ---I have encountered another error in my playthrough. Im currently in CD3 and trying to get into Esthar, right before the transition to the 5th Laguna Dream the game crashes everytime. I hope you can find a quick solution to that :D

--- End quote ---

Been getting this one as well. It says Unexpected Error. Have played the older version before and I was able to get past the Esthar Laguna Dream. Gonna wait for a fix to this error in this lovely mod!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version