Author Topic: The APZ Cloud Project!!!!  (Read 269149 times)

The APZ Cloud Project!!!!
« Reply #300 on: 2009-05-25 20:46:11 »
Thanks. all i had to do was run Fidelcula's tools as administrator and it worked like a charm.......

APZ your cloud model is absolutely amazing. Thank you for the work. :D

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2009-05-27 06:26:31 »
This is incredible.  Simply incredible.   :-D

APZ, the level of detail in your model is just outstanding.  I'm left wondering just what the game engine's limits on textures and texture detail are, because I daresay this makes it look like the engine's got a LOT of untapped potential.

So, I hereby award you with 10,000 Cool Points.  Spend them wisely. :mrgreen:

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2009-05-27 07:04:19 »
Well thank you sir for those points!  :wink: Glad everyone's enjoying the new Cloud!

Well, the devious secret is that this only has ONE 512X512 texture and the model isn't any more detailed than anything on the ps2. About Kingdom Hearts quality, a just a few things I modeled out that are actually unnecessary. But I have no rules, so I can just do what I want! :-D

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2009-05-27 07:41:06 »
That's exactly what I was thinking:  It's like a PS2 model stuck in a wacky PS1.5 world.  What a nightmare for this cloud's head. :lol:

Still.....one 512x512 texture?

This may go without saying, but that texture won't work on legacy systems that are rocking a 3dfx Voodoo3 or Voodoo2 card (max texture size = 256x256 @ 16bit), so anyone planning on throwing together an old system to play FF7 and other old games without the hassle of making modern OSes and hardware play nice should be made aware of the incompatibility before they try to use this model.

But.....I highly doubt anyone here is using such a setup these days, even as a legacy rig....  :roll:

*sits back down in rocking chair and grabs cane, cranky kong style*

Where was I again?  Oh yeah. You carved that model with a hammer and chisel from a block of pure awesome, didn't you? :-D
« Last Edit: 2009-05-27 07:48:46 by Goku7 »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2009-05-28 07:29:38 »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2009-05-28 07:39:50 »
Niiice APZ, Still no chance on a dual release for PRP sized field and chibi eh?

Oh well, Chibi is looking awesome.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2009-05-28 09:19:55 »

I dunno about the non-chibi field model...

Garland_Ilferet

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2009-05-28 09:24:51 »

I dunno about the non-chibi field model...

WHOOA!!! so epic!!! anyway, what happen with cloud's left eye? i will wait for the release!!!!

Idec Sdawkminn

• -im the real idec (REALLY)-
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #308 on: 2009-05-28 15:54:42 »
He's been assimilated by the Borg.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2009-05-29 01:48:01 »
Sweet field model there.   I do have a question, though.

<constructive_criticism>The zipper running down the boots appears to be misaligned.  I figure that that is probably because the leg and foot are two separate bones, and thus the boot texture is in two parts, resulting in the misalignment when the foot is rotated.  However, would it be possible to play with the sizes of those bones abit to allow the boot texture to be all on one bone, in order to avoid that?</constructive_criticism>

If not, then no biggie.  I doubt we'd be close enough to cloud that often to really notice it.  Still, I figured you'd be kinda interested in it. *shrugs* 8-)

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2009-05-29 03:03:20 »

Alright now... Time to copy/paste the hell outta Cloud until I get all of the Field/World Map/Mini-Games versions... Oi!

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2009-05-29 03:22:22 »
He's been assimilated by the Borg.

that was exactly what i thought when i first saw the pic  :-D. the model looks great... will definitely add it when it is complete :P.

« Reply #312 on: 2009-05-29 03:29:58 »
is it possible to get this to work with the PRP? like i want this cloud model... but does that mean all the other models go back to their lego formats.. or is it possible to implement it in with the other PRP models??

polaris_027

« Reply #313 on: 2009-05-29 03:38:17 »

Alright now... Time to copy/paste the hell outta Cloud until I get all of the Field/World Map/Mini-Games versions... Oi!
so cool just what i want!

Idec Sdawkminn

• -im the real idec (REALLY)-
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #314 on: 2009-05-29 04:18:15 »

Great job. Heh, he looks like he came from FF9. ;)
« Last Edit: 2009-05-29 04:32:32 by Idec Sdawkminn »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2009-05-29 04:32:16 »
I'll be honest... I've silently been against a "chibi" field model, but seeing it in-game has really changed my mind!  Excellent work!

Now to convince apz freak to do the rest of the characters

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2009-05-29 06:59:49 »
Glad to hear it! :wink:

cloud1414

• Anthony Pierce
    • View Profile
    • The Legend Of Twilight
« Reply #317 on: 2009-05-29 07:28:51 »
his eyes look alittle weird but hey ill stick with it. cant wait for it to be released XD thanks so much for making this!

moses7

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2009-05-29 10:29:51 »
I've seen a lot of other character and npc modifications  for FF7 on this forum but I didn't apply any of them except for this one coz' this one is the BEST!!!! :-o
The picture of cloud on the first post caught my eye. :-o

I really like the concept of keeping the game original but more beautiful.

@apz
The Chibi's are just so cool :mrgreen: both Cloud and Sephiroth from your other post.
I really like them especially the one where Sephiroth is holding Jenova's head. Aaaammmaaazzzingg!!! Sugoi ! Sugoi !
and about the TALL running Cloud gif.... ummm..... hmmm.... never mind..
 :-D
Judging from your recent posts I guess you also like your Chibi Models.
I wish you continue to create the Chibi's since us chibi lovers haven't had any choice.
Since those who like the tall ones already have lot's of existing choices like the NPC Reconstruction and Phoenix Rejuvenation Project ETC.
Poor Chibi lovers :-( :cry:

We really appreciate your hard work man. Thanks a lot.

@Tall NPC lovers.............. for now
maybe you haven't seen this posthttp://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/apz_freak/SephyManyFAce.jpg
Like it?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2009-05-29 12:25:00 »
A few other have brought up this point but I can't remember whether it's been dealt with in detail (I'm sorry if it has):

Are you going to do models of any of the other characters? And if so, may I request one of the "less popular" characters like Barret, Red XIII or even Cait Sith? As a rule, we tend to be spoilt for choice when it comes to mods for popular characters, but the less popular ones get nothing at all. AFAIK, there are no models for them in KH, CC, DoC or Dissidia either (Cait Sith is in DoC, but he doesn't have his stuffed Mog), whilst everyone else is in at least one of those games. It seems that the more need there is for a character mod, the less likely we are to get them.

But there's no pressure; that chibi Cloud looks great! It's nice to see the chibis getting some attention :-P

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2009-05-29 13:38:38 »
Perhaps some time in the future. I'm just a busy guy!

What with a full time job, and going to art school full time, and being a fiance full time :wink:

This whole thing was done with maybe an hour here and there. Geez if I had whole days to work on it, I could probably do 1 character a week! But I just don't have that kind of time!

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2009-05-29 16:16:23 »
I'm sure everyone understands APZ, We love your models, if you every decide to make more, they will be WELL worth the wait

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2009-05-29 18:00:47 »
What with a full time job, and going to art school full time, and being a fiance full time :wink:

Those things aren't important! More models NAO!  :lol:

I'm sure everyone understands APZ, We love your models, if you every decide to make more, they will be WELL worth the wait

^What he said^  :-P

terminater27

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2009-05-29 21:47:46 »
Hey guys, is this mod compatible with FF7-PRP?
If it is, is there a certain order, I should install it in?
Thanks a lot =D

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #324 on: 2009-05-29 21:51:54 »
It's compatible with everything, but you better get comfortable with using an lgp editor. I like using Ficedula's lgp tool it's pretty standard.