Author Topic: The APZ Cloud Project!!!!  (Read 269125 times)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
The APZ Cloud Project!!!!
« Reply #350 on: 2009-06-02 15:08:01 »
Yeah it's kinda big but that's the Chibi model's features. I think if you trim the shoulders or make the elbow part larger. It won't be proportional to the Chibi's a lil' bit big head. But like some anime's the head is meant to be bigger.

It's just like the original Chibi. Just much more detailed.

Just my thoughts though.

I think it might be helpful to look at the FF9 models. Since they're also detailed chibi models, they might shed some light on how to make a chibi Cloud look good.

moses7

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2009-06-02 15:16:14 »
I just opened my FFVII and opened a new game to look closely to the Chibi model.
APZ's is already adjusted and looks very good.

The original chibi's head is almost bigger than body.

Yeah, I also like APZ chibi. I was just explaining to those who like it to look realistic that If they make it look realistic it won't be chibi anymore.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2009-06-02 16:00:45 »
I agree with Kudistos Megistos about the angle of the arms, but I think only rotating them a few degrees closer in toward the body might be able to subtly make it look more relaxed without it looking too different.

Also, I've always thought default animation "stance" is a shared thing, and that if we change it, ALL characters will now have closer arms and screw things up if they're still original chibis with the huge forearms....?

moses7

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2009-06-02 16:08:56 »
I agree with Kudistos Megistos about the angle of the arms, but I think only rotating them a few degrees closer in toward the body might be able to subtly make it look more relaxed without it looking too different.

Also, I've always thought default animation "stance" is a shared thing, and that if we change it, ALL characters will now have closer arms and screw things up if they're still original chibis with the huge forearms....?

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why CHIBI fits better than tall NPCs.

Making FIELD Models taller but not being able to change the stance make them look bad.

That's why I'm against tall FIELD Models.
But the CHIBI fit's well since the game designed them that way.

I find APZ Chibi's body perfect for a CHIBI, except a lil' on the lips though.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-02 16:11:14 by moses7 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2009-06-02 16:50:50 »

That's along the lines of what I had in mind. A few degrees would probably make all the difference; enough to offset the difference between the size of the forearms/hands in the two models.

Then maybe we'll have to wait until the glorious day when we have high-res chibi models for all of the characters  :lol:

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why CHIBI fits better than tall NPCs.

Making FIELD Models taller but not being able to change the stance make them look bad.

That's why I'm against tall FIELD Models.
But the CHIBI fit's well since the game designed them that way.

That's one of the reasons why I've never used the more realistic models. The game was designed for chibis, and it shows. And the angle of the arms looks even worse on the full size models.

The other reason is that, despite being less realistic, the chibis seem to convey emotion more easily (to me at least). They are moe, allowing us (read: me) to sympathise with them easily, and they can have exaggerated movements that one can laugh at and take seriously at the same time. The same exaggerated movements with realistic characters sometimes look grotesque.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2009-06-02 17:08:58 »
I wish I had a beeter compliment than "this is absolutely amazing", but this is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to try him out! He's so cute as a chibi.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2009-06-02 17:41:34 »
There's some very good stuff there, but the head doesn't seem to fit well with the body. From that screenshot, it looks like he needs more of a neck.

And can anything be done about the arms? When he had the huge blocky forearms, the way he stood looked natural and relaxed, but with more realistic shaped arms, it looks like he's holding them out at an awkward angle.

But as I said, it's still some good work  :-)

Well to answer your statements  :-)

I made him to fit the EXACT specifications of the original chibi field model. His neck was that tiny on the original too! Any other changes would effect the animations, really, you just have to see it in motion! The way he walks and runs and gestures all look perfect! :lol:

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #357 on: 2009-06-02 17:49:39 »
looks awesome... keep up the good work  :-D

Idec Sdawkminn

• -im the real idec (REALLY)-
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #358 on: 2009-06-03 00:55:22 »
I made a video using this mod, slayersnext's weapons mod, and the OpenGL driver. Check them out together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSV-VRA1qr0

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #359 on: 2009-06-03 03:40:39 »
i saw that vid... nice job man everything looks great in that vid

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2009-06-03 06:44:16 »
I made a video using this mod, slayersnext's weapons mod, and the OpenGL driver. Check them out together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSV-VRA1qr0

Wow, that's great! Thanks for that! :-D

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2009-06-03 14:31:09 »
Are you going to include your buster sword to this chibi model?

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2009-06-03 17:28:01 »
Only for the One with the Buster Sword (bhff.hrc)

I dunno, I guess I just like it the way it is, just with better models. But I'm sure once you guys have all my downloads it'll be easier to makethe change yourselves than for me to have multiple downloads up

moses7

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2009-06-04 08:06:53 »
@APZ
How bout chibi Sephiroth? Are you going to release him with Cloud?

BTW, your BUSTER SWORD link doesn't work anymore. http://files.filefront.com/APZBusterSwordzip/;10588421;/fileinfo.html

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2009-06-04 09:10:12 »
I didn't model that Sephiroth, that's the KH model. Please read the beginning of that thread, it's old news!  8-) The Buster Sword is included with my OWN Cloud Model at the beginning of THIS thread.  :-)

In the mean by:

It's my Cloud but with the original coloring. I find it quite hilarious!  :lol:

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2009-06-04 09:31:36 »
LOL....Cloud looks like he's about to start crying.

moses7

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2009-06-04 09:32:30 »
@APZ

You are using Aali's OpenGL driver right?
This would be out of topic but may I ask if 1024x768 or other resolutions that aren't multiples of 640x480 works for you?
Coz' mine won't continue the battle swirl and won't start the battle at  1024x768, it works on 1280x960 but the laptop doesn't support 1280x960.

PM

« Reply #367 on: 2009-06-04 16:42:42 »
i have a problem when trying to use your custom model. whenever i enter a better i get a message "something bad happened here" and ask if i want to write a crash dump to my install directory. any tips on how i can fix this?

i have a original EU/US version of the game. and a swedish windows xp 32bit.
I use the custom graphics driver and FF7-PRP mod
system specs:
Intel core 2 duo e6700
ATI 4850X2

musaru

• Fading Remnant
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2009-06-04 17:34:59 »
Hi. Just wondering...

is there a download for the field model of Cloud that i saw quoted on page 15 (2nd post) ?

I didn't see it on the first page and i don't wanna shuffle through 15 pages >.>
« Last Edit: 2009-06-04 19:35:04 by musaru »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2009-06-04 19:31:26 »
is there a download for the field model of Cloud that i saw quoted on page 15 (2nd post) ?

Nope. It's a work in progress.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2009-06-05 00:42:59 »
i have a problem when trying to use your custom model. whenever i enter a better i get a message "something bad happened here" and ask if i want to write a crash dump to my install directory. any tips on how i can fix this?

i have a original EU/US version of the game. and a swedish windows xp 32bit.
I use the custom graphics driver and FF7-PRP mod
system specs:
Intel core 2 duo e6700
ATI 4850X2

I would say it might have something to do with the custom graphics driver

lili

« Reply #371 on: 2009-06-06 17:01:16 »
hello APZ your cloud is amazing but i see a little problem. His arm isn't correctly link to the body

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/rahzel51/APZCloud.jpg?t=1244307086

can you resolve this problem?
your cloud is the best :wink:.
thank you

sorry for my english because i'm french.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2009-06-06 22:13:21 »
Sorry but the way that this works is that there is no model deformation like modern games. Cloud is in pieces, The Head, The Torso, The Pelvis, etc. So no matter how I model that part of the arm, it'll always look awkward from some angle. But since the game has such a low resolution, this doesn't really matter. And when you see it in motion it looks awesome!

polaris_027

« Reply #373 on: 2009-06-07 00:03:24 »
so how's the field model apz?

PM

« Reply #374 on: 2009-06-07 12:26:04 »

I would say it might have something to do with the custom graphics driver

tried it using the standard low-res driver but i still get the same result. re-did the battle.lgp as well but it didnt help :(

i can see the battle start and the music gets going but just as the models are about to appear the game freezes (music keeps playing though) and i get the error message.
my battle.lgp file is 61 844 kB in size
« Last Edit: 2009-06-07 12:34:59 by PM »