Author Topic: FF7_GameConverter_7H Access Denied, Installation Aborted  (Read 1979 times)

Supah

• View Profile
Hey, after seeing some of Maximilian Dood's streams on New Threat and ReMako, I decided I wanted to give it a try myself. I started following the steps on the Remako page on installing it, and I have 7th Heaven installed, but everytime I attempt to run the FF7 Game Converter, it displays a progress bar that shortly reaches 100%, and once the command prompt pops up, it says, "Access Denied, Installation Aborted... Run this Program with Administrator Privileges." I've started to get a bit frustrated with it, because I feel like I've exhausted all my options. I've right clicked and tried to run as administrator, I've moved the file from hard drive to my ssd where my operating system is installed, and I've even tried running the file through command prompt. I've mounted the blank ISO like the guide asked me to, and it still won't work. Does anyone know the fix for this? I'm kinda stumped.

Here's the guide I've been following, in case you wanted to see it:
https://captrobau.blogspot.com/p/install-guide-ff7-mod-manager.html

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: FF7_GameConverter_7H Access Denied, Installation Aborted
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-15 12:45:49 »
Unfortunately, you got stuck with old info from 2013. You don't do any of that and you don't need to install Remako. You only need to select Remako from the drop down options in the Qhimm mods (but subjectively, there are newer/better HD mods from Satsuki--also in the drop down options which are selected by default).

Here's how we do things in 2020:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

Supah

• View Profile
Re: FF7_GameConverter_7H Access Denied, Installation Aborted
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-15 14:11:13 »
Oh dang, well this helped a ton. Sorry, just saw that Maximilian did all this last year and thought it would still be what was best now. Thanks for helping  ;D