Author Topic: Aavock UI 1:1Remastered  (Read 48257 times)

Kimsiudog

• View Profile
Re: Aavock UI 1:1Remastered
« Reply #25 on: 2021-01-21 11:16:57 »
this is so awesome, aavock! keep up the great work! with your hd UI mod, satsuki mod pack will be truly complete this time. i really want to be the first person to play with your mod lol ;D

@satsuki, you are right about ESUI mod, this one seems really complicated to adapt for FFNx, guess the only way to use the mod is to install 7th heaven and play with it. i am sorry if i misunderstood your words there when you say "Only need textures and one hext file
so can be used by root FFNx". did you meant by need having Aavock's menu texture mod and a hext file to make it somewhat similar to ESUI or reunion menu overhaul?

« Last Edit: 2021-01-21 13:12:04 by Kimsiudog »

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2021-01-22 20:17:18 »
Thanks for the kind words Kimsiudog!

New update:
"HP", "MP", "STATUS", "LEVEL 1/2/3/4", "LIMIT", "TIME", "WAIT", "NAME", "BARRIER".

Kimsiudog

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2021-01-23 11:04:53 »
oh wow, such amazing update, aavock :D looks pretty neat and beautiful for view.

CaptRobau

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2021-01-24 06:28:04 »
Well done Aavock!

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2021-01-28 23:47:00 »
Thanks, much appreciated!

Here's the final "translated" texture:

Hopefully, I'll release the full english pack this weekend.

Please keep in mind that this projet needs some polishing and some objects like the ring above and frog slots to name a few are placeholders for now. I'm currently working on mini games UI textures (french version for Moto-G, Snowboard and Torpedo Attack are done). Next step is the Chocobo racing and Fort Condor UI. Only then, I'll revisit the main interface and polish things up for top notch results.

CaptRobau

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2021-01-30 08:56:09 »
Looks nice!

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2021-01-30 15:33:23 »
Download link for english version (both in *.png and *.dds format) available in first post. In case of missing element, untranslated word or misalignment please let me know. Enjoy!

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2021-01-30 23:50:55 »
Excellent work Aavock! I'm loving the remaster to the OG UI. That aside, I have noticed there appears to be some misalignment with some of the font in certain windows.

Specifically, certain letters overlapping each other. Other than that, I see no other issues regarding the english version! Nice job! :)

Edit: I forgot to mention this is in IRO format with 7H and FFNX
« Last Edit: 2021-01-30 23:53:28 by iDerek759 »

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2021-01-31 01:10:34 »
Thanks for the feedback! I'm not familiar with 7th Heaven but the overlapping characters are caused by the missing custom window.bin file (included in the pack) that needs to be placed in the *\data\kernel folder (make sure to backup the original one).

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2021-01-31 01:32:25 »
Thanks for the feedback! I'm not familiar with 7th Heaven but the overlapping characters are caused by the missing custom window.bin file (included in the pack) that needs to be placed in the *\data\kernel folder (make sure to backup the original one).

Oh! Now I see, thanks! I'll do that.

Edit: Yup, that did it! Thanks Aavock! I'll be using your UI from now on, I love how you made the materia slots look in the menus, super clean!
« Last Edit: 2021-01-31 01:51:12 by iDerek759 »

daedrixx2

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2021-02-04 04:51:37 »
Hi Aavock, I've made some edits to the "general" items icon, which I think is more faithful to the original.

Let me know what you think about it.

« Last Edit: 2021-02-04 04:56:39 by daedrixx2 »

Az

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2021-02-04 11:21:08 »
Great work. Definitely the most faithful UI. I started another playthrough with your UI and noticed how high quality the menu portraits were, so I decided to spend some time in Photoshop to make the backgrounds transparent and thought I'd share my work here if anyone wanted to use them.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xyynkj7biemuv36/Transparent_Portraits.7z/file

Edit: Uploaded a finalized version with more accurate outlines and finer details. Every portrait should be completely smooth with no visible edges or white pixels. As with every mod of this kind, the transparent backgrounds will look weird in the shop interface, but that can probably be fixed by changing the overlay texture to something else, but I'm not sure where this file is located as I don't have an asset dump of the game at this moment.
« Last Edit: 2021-02-05 04:27:21 by Az »

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2021-02-04 14:12:00 »
Hi Aavock, I've made some edits to the "general" items icon, which I think is more faithful to the original.

Let me know what you think about it.
Hey daedrixx2, as for the cursor shadows there's no point in using the blocky ones with some blur effect. Additionally, borders most won't display correctly. The shadows were done using the upside down redrawned cursor for perfect alignment.

Same for the item bag, all I see is a messy blur effect applied to my work.

Great work. Definitely the most faithful UI. I started another playthrough with your UI and noticed how high quality the menu portraits were, so I decided to spend some time in Photoshop to make the backgrounds transparent and thought I'd share my work here if anyone wanted to use them.
Thanks Az, I did spent good amount of time searching across the web for the optimal artwork quality for each characters. Then, came the proper upscale, cleaning process, color correction, white balance and more.

I know some people love transparent backgrounds, so it's a nice addition. Thank you!

Luigi Brosse

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2021-02-04 14:47:00 »
Great work. Definitely the most faithful UI. I started another playthrough with your UI and noticed how high quality the menu portraits were, so I decided to spend some time in Photoshop to make the backgrounds transparent and thought I'd share my work here if anyone wanted to use them. I could probably have made one more pass, but I personally can't see any remaining white outlines or artifacts on my 4K display. Anyone can do what they please with them, given Aavock (or whoever upscaled/scanned/cropped/edited them) gives their permission, of course.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/m3aacnu44g7qd8n/Transparent_Portraits.7z/file

Someone did a very similar job on the french board: https://ff7.fr/forum/index.php?page=post&ids=463806&pg=0 Maybe you can compare both of your versions?

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2021-02-04 14:59:18 »
Someone did a very similar job on the french board: https://ff7.fr/forum/index.php?page=post&ids=463806&pg=0 Maybe you can compare both of your versions?
I would recommend Az's version because the clipping shadows are way too harsh on the other one. But at the end of a day it all comes to personal preference.

daedrixx2

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2021-02-04 15:15:54 »
Hi Aavock. I didn't notice there was a much better version of the items icon done by you.
https://i.imgur.com/DkpQv7F.png

I was talking about the icon I found in the files downloaded from here, which I find too "realistic" compared to the other icons that are, instead, stylized.

If the first image shows a "beta" version of the icon, I would prefer to use that, as I really like it, and it fits with the overall style, and the original icon, much more than the second version.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2021-02-04 15:53:49 »
Hi Aavock. I didn't notice there was a much better version of the items icon done by you.
I was talking about the icon I found in the files downloaded from here, which I find too "realistic" compared to the other icons that are, instead, stylized.

If the first image shows a "beta" version of the icon, I would prefer to use that, as I really like it, and it fits with the overall style, and the original icon, much more than the second version.
I see, this particular screenshot was taken during the WIP so this old item icon is long time gone. As I mentioned in my first post I plan to properly revisit all weapons/accesories icons in near future for some extra details and a better overall consistency between them.

Luigi Brosse

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2021-02-04 17:58:48 »
I would recommend Az's version because the clipping shadows are way too harsh on the other one. But at the end of a day it all comes to personal preference.

As you say, personal taste. I actually like the shadows better. Even though, I play with your “vanilla” UI (so non transparent). Thanks for the great work so far. I cannot wait to see what you are going to do with the mini games.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2021-02-04 19:45:07 »
Cheers man! You can see progress made for the mini games in the main french topic. Rollercoaster, Snowboard, Torpedo Attack and Moto-G are done, next stop: Fort Condor.

Az

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2021-02-05 04:03:56 »
Thanks Az, I did spent good amount of time searching across the web for the optimal artwork quality for each characters. Then, came the proper upscale, cleaning process, color correction, white balance and more.

I know some people love transparent backgrounds, so it's a nice addition. Thank you!
You did a really good job with them. Unless SE releases a digital artbook or something along those lines, we probably won't get anything better than this.
I wasn't aware. At first glance, that version looks a bit unpolished. Personally not a fan of drop shadows or outlines, either.

Kimsiudog

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2021-02-06 12:14:06 »
well done Az for the transparent portrait, i am loving it. soon i finally get to play with your hd UI mod, Aavock. well done for the mod. combining with satsuki's texture mod, this will be superb :D

Xenohart

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2021-02-22 15:20:28 »
Thank you so much for this mod, Aavock. This is now part of my absolute essential configuration list for the best remastered FF7 experience on PC.

I've got one question your way: I always found it confusing how the PC version uses "Switch" and "Menu" for the button prompts and that's often why I mix up keycodes. Would it be possible to create a version with PlayStation buttons as well?

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #47 on: 2021-02-22 18:31:20 »
Hey Aavock, is there any update?

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2021-02-22 22:47:38 »
I've got one question your way: I always found it confusing how the PC version uses "Switch" and "Menu" for the button prompts and that's often why I mix up keycodes. Would it be possible to create a version with PlayStation buttons as well?
Glad you like it Xenohart; it was my goal at first but had to do some compromises with Satsuki and Acro (head of the french retranslation). I'll probably insert PS buttons but flevel.lgp editing is required.

Hey Aavock, is there any update?
Hey Kuraudo, I'm currently finishing all Fort Condor textures (french version for now) and I'll be posting tons of screenshots in the next few days in the main thread. Will follow the Chocobo Racing (the last remaining mini-game) interface.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #49 on: 2021-02-28 09:36:12 »
Very excited for the chocobo minigame. Your work is brilliant