Author Topic: Timu Sumisu's WIP/Release thread. BARRET RELEASED!!! 07/09/09  (Read 165884 times)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Yes... I did it too, I made a buster sword. I'm all hyped, cuz i've suddenly gotten a knack for textures, so i'm taking a whack at things i know (cloud, buster sword etc). so here ya go, I'll have it ready for game very soon!

655 tris, 512x1024 texture

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Not bad. The buster sword is a really good "beginner model" because of is simple form. Nice to see you learning textures from it.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Not bad. The buster sword is a really good "beginner model" because of is simple form. Nice to see you learning textures from it.

thanks! I mainly wanted to practice something metal, as I've been asked to model/texture/design for a space action game, mostly in the realm of ships, but dont worry, Many ff models will still come from my posts ^^

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
I was waiting for ya to say " I'm gonna release this..someday "

But hey, wishful thinking...  :wink:

death_gigas

• View Profile
how can i use them?.....

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
le sigh

obesebear

• View Profile
le sigh
I've decided to just ignore him altogether.  Sure it's annoying seeing "unread posts" only to find it's the same guy requesting help, but apparently nothing will be done about it.  So I give.

Billy Jean/Death Gigas/Whatever you decide to change your name to next, You win.  Your annoying persistence is more than I care to deal with.   However, just to answer all future questions you will post... the answer is no. 

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
le sigh
I've decided to just ignore him altogether.  Sure it's annoying seeing "unread posts" only to find it's the same guy requesting help, but apparently nothing will be done about it.  So I give.

Billy Jean/Death Gigas/Whatever you decide to change your name to next, You win.  Your annoying persistence is more than I care to deal with.   However, just to answer all future questions you will post... the answer is no. 

le LOL

Tsetra

• View Profile
Unbelievable, I was starting to think it was somehow impossible for modelers to create an original style buster sword accurately and with the correct hole location. If I owned the entire internet, I would give it to you. Good job.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Awesome job on the buster sword, though it looks fairly cell-shaded (not sure if you intended it as such) But otherwise FANTASTIC.

I do like how millenia added the battle damage though, i think it would add some character to it, after it. the buster sword has seen A LOT of use.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
mostly through ff7, it had no use until zack started with it, and he had it for a short time until cloud had it.. which is right before ff7.... unless i mixed up my timeline in CC and zack had it for a lawn tiem

secondadvent

• View Profile
yeah but zach fought both sephy and genesis with the buster sword, along with whatever else he decided to smack away at (he wasn't as careful with it as angeal was >_>), so it was bound to have taken some damage by the time cloud got it... maybe not a ton, but it would still have taken a beating.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
I'm just a sucker for neat effects like that haha. If i could texture worth a damn i would add a bunch of unique things like that to anything i made :-D

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm just a sucker for neat effects like that haha. If i could texture worth a damn i would add a bunch of unique things like that to anything i made :-D

Maybe you should learn how to texture

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
I am, i'm failing. But i am. thats what i spend most my time doing :-D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
I plan to start soon. Perhaps I'll have Timu help me out. He did say he didn't mind teaching me a while back.  :roll:

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I plan to start soon. Perhaps I'll have Timu help me out. He did say he didn't mind teaching me a while back.  :roll:

He needs to finish some stuff for me first *cough*

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube

He needs to finish some stuff for me first *cough*
Lol. Don't worry. It won't be any time soon. Maybe Winter break or if that doesn't work out well for me, Summer, lol.

ae2011

• View Profile
So I have the advent children mod beta installed...

I unpacked battle.lgp after ac mod and replaced with the new Barret files. Barret's battle animation still runs forward on long range weapons. Is there anything I can do about this? Because I would love to keep the other characters' models and still be able to use timu's Barret.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
for each set of barrets models, replace the files ending with aa with the originals

ae2011

• View Profile
I assume you meant the original installation files from battle.lgp: sbaa, scaa, sdaa, seaa

I tried this on two computers, both running vista

ac mod + your barret model:

-crash at end of battle
-also crash at beginning of battle when using gatling gun
-runs up, melee attacks & shoots (no long range)
-using original installation files sbaa, scaa, sdaa, seaa = same results

ac mod without your barret model using original installation files sbaa, scaa, sdaa, seaa:

-crash at end of battle
-also crash at begining of battle when using gatling gun
-when using all other weapons, most of barret's model is solid white
-runs up, melee attacks & shoots (no long range)

your barret model alone:

-everything works

Any other ideas?

There must be some other file in battle.lgp that is affecting this animation... and also making the game crash for that matter. The only other idea I had was to try each character model one at a time using originals for everything else. How can I find out which files in battle.lgp are associated with each character/items/weapons/enemies?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
then there is a problem with the ac mod... cant help ya there

ae2011

• View Profile
that's fine, i figured that much. Is there a forum somewhere with a list of what models go with which files in battle.lgp?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
its stickied in this forum actually. Try removing all of barrets files bfeore installing mine... I rmmbr having all those problems when testing and fixing me release.

ae2011

• View Profile
That definitely worked! Deleting files "sb" through "se" from ac mod's battle.lgp, replacing them with the original installation's files, then installing your barret model fixed everything. All ac mod's character models along with your barret having no animation problems whatsoever. Thank you so much for your help!