Author Topic: Cloud's parents  (Read 8451 times)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Cloud's parents
« on: 2010-06-04 13:54:05 »
Any info on Cloud's mom?? And what's even her name?? I googled this stuff and can't find anything useful.. :-\

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Cloud's parents
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-04 15:32:27 »
You can go and visit her in the nibelheim flashback. Doesn't seem like many people actually went exploring during this part of the game, I've said the same thing twice in 2 days o.O. I'm not sure if it tells you her name though.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-04 16:32:19 »
I've said the same thing twice in 2 days o.O.
Nikfrozty posted in that thread as well. I think he may have just been opening up the question for anyone that hadn't seen that thread, but may have know the answer.
Just guessing.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-04 16:33:37 »
personally, i think square is deliberately  holding out on the identity of his parents.

lets face it, square is no where near done with ff7

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-04 16:53:57 »
You can go and visit her in the nibelheim flashback. Doesn't seem like many people actually went exploring during this part of the game, I've said the same thing twice in 2 days o.O. I'm not sure if it tells you her name though.
Yes I know this. You can find her in their house beside of Tifa's house. There Cloud will lie down on a bed(not sure if its a bed)? Then he tells Cloud he should have an older girlfriend but that's it. And no it doesn't say her name that's why I was wondering what her name was.

craziinova

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-05 13:50:32 »
his dad died when he was 'very young' as cloud says in the kalm flashback i believe. he went to war against the wutai, with shinra i believe? if that's the case if makes you wonder why he isn't mentioned more

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-05 15:00:43 »
His mom has no name and his dad's dead.

You can visit her in the Nibleheim flashback, and, in fact you see her when Cloud sleeps in Aeris' house. Its virtually the same scene :P

You can talk to her in Crisis Core too, shes the woman that stands outside of Cloud's house.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cloud%27s_Mother
« Last Edit: 2010-06-05 15:02:18 by ultima espio »

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-05 16:56:38 »
his dad died when he was 'very young' as cloud says in the kalm flashback i believe. he went to war against the wutai, with shinra i believe? if that's the case if makes you wonder why he isn't mentioned more
nah he didn't go to war with wutai. cloud joined shinra because of what sephiroth did in wutai. and zack/cloud's memories says how he picks up every job he can take because the wars over and he wants to be a hero.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-06-05 17:05:14 »
nah he didn't go to war with wutai. cloud joined shinra because of what sephiroth did in wutai. and zack/cloud's memories says how he picks up every job he can take because the wars over and he wants to be a hero.
You guys are confusing Cloud with Zack I think. Cloud joined shinra because he wants to join Soldier to be strong so that Tifa will notice him. In Crisis Core, Zack joined Shinra also to be in Soldier to be a hero like Sephiroth but the war ended when Sephiroth came that's why Zack wants to prove himself by going to many missions.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-05 17:10:48 by nikfrozty »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-06-05 17:08:29 »
I think they got them confused because Cloud says "I'm going to be like Sephiroth"

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-06-05 18:46:16 »
You guys are confusing Cloud with Zack I think. Cloud joined shinra because he wants to join Soldier to be strong so that Tifa will notice him. In Crisis Core, Zack joined Shinra also to be in Soldier to be a hero like Sephiroth but the war ended when Sephiroth came that's why Zack wants to prove himself by going to many missions.

I think Crasiinova was trying to say that Cloud at some point gave an explanation on his dad during the Kalm flashback. So the one going to Wutai and such was Cloud's dad. I remember seeing the part where it said his dad died when he was very young but I'm not sure about the rest of the explanation.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #11 on: 2010-06-06 00:28:39 »
we all know cloud said his father was dead, but the thing is there was no proof given, therefore, for all we know, cloud simply could have been lied to about his father. this is one of the reasons i believe that square isn't done with ff7 yet, theres still to many loose ends

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-06-06 01:00:36 »
we all know cloud said his father was dead, but the thing is there was no proof given, therefore, for all we know, cloud simply could have been lied to about his father. this is one of the reasons i believe that square isn't done with ff7 yet, theres still to many loose ends
Yeah, they should have made a continuing story for ff7, instead of making other final fantasy. I just hope the 14th final fantasy has actually good story and good gameplay. I miss Final Fantasy when it was still young.

Kintaru

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-06-06 01:05:10 »
Final Fantasy XIV is going to be an MMO like Final Fantasy XI, so I doubt it's gonna have a good story  :P 

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-06-06 02:50:42 »
Final fantasy's big transition to death started with FFX and was dead to me by FFX-2 lol

And to me FF's big transition to legendary status came with FF7 FF8 and FF9

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-06-06 02:53:33 »
FF9 was a little rocky as far as keeping up with the level of "EPIC" that FF8 and FF7 brought to the table. But the story was definitely interesting. It started the trend of playing with make-shift gods or spirits.

Zidane - Angel of Death
Titus - Dream of the Fayth
Noctis - Emperor of his own.... Empire =p

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-06-06 03:01:08 »
I liked FFX and I did never play XI since its an online game and not really a fan since I have a not so fast bandwidth. I hated XII. The gameplay is pretty interesting but with the characters I'm playing, I don't like it especially the honor of the knight thing. Its ok but I just don't like the main cast. I like fighting Shinra company more than fighting the empire.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-06-06 03:17:05 »
i had a lot of fun with XII, i loved all the side quest that game was so awesome. The Mob hunt was awesome, the Wyrm quests were awesome,and the tornesol and wyrm hero quests were awesome. I loved how they tied a lot of the quest together to link. For example; the further you go into the Mob Hunts you start unlocking mysteries and legends about all the histories of the monsters and how they got there. They also tied that game to a lot of the old old old FF games, with the Omega MKII inside the great crystal.

FF XII was one of my favorites ^_^ nowhere near as good as VII or VIII but really really good none-the-less

[edit]

i've obviouslly beat the game 100% lol

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-06-06 03:37:56 »
Actually, I could've played the game again if I played as Reks rather than Vaan.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-06-06 03:46:56 »
yea Reks was a badass, after i finished the game 100% for like the 2nd or 3rd time, i gamesharked and used Reks

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-06-06 03:54:55 »
we all know cloud said his father was dead, but the thing is there was no proof given, therefore, for all we know, cloud simply could have been lied to about his father.
This. It's like how in Cheers, Frasier told Sam his dad was dead, and then in Frasier in the episode when Sam visited he was like "dude wtf."

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-06-06 03:58:34 »
I beat 12 100% and hated it...so many glitches, so much crap, the tactics system was plain retarted no matter how advanced you set it up...its justr simple conditional AI...The free camera was HOORIBLE! I exploited this game to the fullest and if you start with Vaan onlty and run to the fields and fight Werewolves till lvl 30 every char you get from there on starts a 30 sooo thats a major flaw to me right there. I also hated the way you learned skills, I didnt even like the sphere grid or gfs..Actually like 9's learning sytem VERY VERY much...(Learning abilities off equiped items)

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-06-06 04:22:33 »
I beat 12 100% and hated it...so many glitches, so much crap, the tactics system was plain retarted no matter how advanced you set it up...its justr simple conditional AI...The free camera was HOORIBLE! I exploited this game to the fullest and if you start with Vaan onlty and run to the fields and fight Werewolves till lvl 30 every char you get from there on starts a 30 sooo thats a major flaw to me right there. I also hated the way you learned skills, I didnt even like the sphere grid or gfs..Actually like 9's learning sytem VERY VERY much...(Learning abilities off equiped items)

hahaha, i freaking loved 12 man, u had to kill EVERYTHING to get ANYWHERE!! lol The whole game was raw combat, sure it was a bit slow but i loved the challenge. The thing with the characters starting off at the highest level you reach solo was so that you dont have to catch the newbs up as you play. Gfs? do you mean the Espers? That was even MORE epic! You had to kill most of the espers to even use them!!! EPIC!!!! I got all 13 of them and it was completely awesome how you had to be in a certain condition to even activate their special attacks. In order to activate the Serpentarius quickening (Zodiark) you had to have the entire party on petrification countdown!! TOTAL GAME OVER THREAT MUCH! AWESOME!! Some times i'd fight petrify enemies with just my Zodiark holder just so i could launch the attack hahaha!!

To this day my favorite battles in that game are all Side-Quest battles.

1.) Yiazmat
2.) Omega MKII
3.) Hell Wyrm
4.) Fenrir
5.) Behemoth King
6.) Gilgamesh

those fights and the quest's around them are SOOOO FUNNNNN