Author Topic: weird bug in my FF7  (Read 3206 times)

kei

weird bug in my FF7
« on: 2009-05-30 16:40:53 »
Hi guys. newbie here.

there's this weird bug in my FF7. first time i've encountered it and i've played the game a few times before.

somehow, when i arrive at junon, take the dolphin jump up to the tower and reach the airport, the bug appears.

when i press the "use" key at the treasure box to activate the lift, the FMV plays but the character sprite of cloud and the box stays at the same level while the lift moves down. after that, the game shows that the lift is still at the airport level while my game sprite is able to run freely around in the air.

when i use the treasure box again, the lift moves up, and i can't run in the air anymore.

is there a patch to correct this? the XP patch and chocobo patch don't seem to work.

Terid__K

Re: weird bug in my FF7
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-30 16:49:55 »
Search button is your friend. And this is the wrong place to post bugs.

kei

« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-30 16:53:50 »
sorry sorry. because i was looking for a patch for this bug so i'd thought it should be posted here.

i'd already tried the XP patch and chocobo patch. can't find any others. the only others i've found are mods for the characters and for sound improvement. i downloaded the cyrix and riva patches, but i can't seem to install them either

CarnageHeart

« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-30 16:59:35 »
The "XP" patch is really a patch that SHOULD NOT be used. Stick with the 1.02 patch and the Chocobo patch... as the XP patch in most cases will cause more problems than it actually fixes.

It sounds like it's a possible graphics problem that you're having, though I'm really not too sure. Right now unless you can give more information I would suggest installing Aali's custom driver, found here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.msg102668#msg102668

Very simple to install and actually fixes a lot of issues.