Author Topic: FF7 Strange Movie Problem  (Read 5609 times)

Trojax

FF7 Strange Movie Problem
« on: 2007-11-25 23:36:47 »
Every time a movie plays and theres a 3d character on top of it (Cloud, NPC, whoever) ... they do not move with the camera or zoom in.  So for instance, right before you get the highwind I had to use the elevator.  What happens is the elevator goes up but Barret does not.  You can run around by where the Highwind and eventually get past this, but its annoying.  Anyone else have this problem?  The good news is all the movies play fine with no errors.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Strange Movie Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2007-11-29 22:37:40 »
Are you using the "play movies from your hard drive trick" or just running them from the cd?

Trojax

« Reply #2 on: 2007-11-29 23:34:05 »
Hard drive of course... I guess that could be the problem but it was working earlier before I updated my video drivers to nvidias 163.75 . Maybe they are the culprit.  Otherwise maybe you are right and its accessing the movies too quick to start moving the images in the foreground.

megarushing

« Reply #3 on: 2008-01-17 21:31:11 »
Hi, first post here  :-D, ok, i was having the exact same problem and i had k-lite codec pack installed, maybe you are on a similar situation

the game apparently has some incompatibility with the avi splitter, a filter that comes with some codec packs. you can either uninstall it or disable it, in k-lite codec pack this can be done by acessing the Codec Tweak tool that comes together, under "disable filter" tab find Avi Splitter (Gabest) and check it, there you go, hope this helps  :-)

there_is_no_sp00n

« Reply #4 on: 2008-03-17 21:20:16 »
Hi!
when it came out, i played the the psx version.
now when trying to play the pc version (modded :D) came across the exact same problem, and was struggling with what could possibly have caused it.. until i found the post.

kudos guys

ffvii still rocks
« Last Edit: 2008-03-17 21:22:57 by there_is_no_sp00n »

Scatter

« Reply #5 on: 2008-03-29 03:46:23 »
the game apparently has some incompatibility with the avi splitter, a filter that comes with some codec packs. you can either uninstall it or disable it, in k-lite codec pack this can be done by acessing the Codec Tweak tool that comes together, under "disable filter" tab find Avi Splitter (Gabest) and check it, there you go, hope this helps  :-)
dude!!!! i could just KISS you...  :-D

not only did that solve the floating poly problem - which i really couldn't give two figs about in all honesty as it wasn't a critical bug for mine - but it fixed the cosmo canyon crash. supoib.  8-)

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-04-14 01:18:15 »
it fixed my problem as well  :-D thanj you VERY much for getting me past cosmo canyon as well as fixing the charecters not moving with the FMVs! i owe you one