Author Topic: Issues with slow loading  (Read 1082 times)

Adoyle00

• View Profile
Issues with slow loading
« on: 2023-10-22 00:01:45 »
Hi guys,

Downloaded 7th heaven and have been enjoying it and many core mods over the past couple weeks. 

Last night I updated a few mods (but don’t remember which) and now all of a sudden everything from the splash screen, to the menu, loading zones, to battles loading in and out is taking significantly longer.  10-12 seconds into the world map and twice as long to get in and out of the menu. Battles take like 6 seconds to load in from music starting.

I didn’t download anything new- wondering if anyone can help me troubleshoot.  I checked the ‘extras folder’ and no duplication that im aware of.  I even tried to narrow it down to a specific mod but it seems like as long as any mod is active it’s happening. 

Thanks for reading

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with slow loading
« Reply #1 on: 2023-10-23 07:19:05 »
Everything slows down for me a lot if I use advanced lighting while using a lot of other mods.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #2 on: 2023-10-24 10:18:44 »
Send your mod list screenshot and game driver screenshot.

Adoyle00

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2023-10-31 00:42:52 »
Hi - sorry for the mediocre quality on these 2 images.  I had to upload from my phone as my steamdeck image upload wasn't working :(

Everything works fine, but the loading times specifically in and out of battle are really bad now for some reason

https://ibb.co/f8S7XnG

https://ibb.co/tqgv3xN

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #4 on: 2023-10-31 11:27:56 »
The name of the mods are not visible. Anyway, click button 1/9 auto-sort on the right column to start with.

Ensure your FFNx and 7H is updated.

Also make sure configure SYW Fields by double clicking on the mod, set it to 99%. Then Restart 7H.

That should solve it, let us know.

« Last Edit: 2023-10-31 11:32:19 by Kuraudo. »

Adoyle00

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2023-10-31 14:05:54 »
The name of the mods are not visible. Anyway, click button 1/9 auto-sort on the right column to start with.

Ensure your FFNx and 7H is updated.

Also make sure configure SYW Fields by double clicking on the mod, set it to 99%. Then Restart 7H.

That should solve it, let us know.

Thanks for the quick reply -

Autosorted the mods - no issue launching
FFNx and 7H stable both up to date
SYW Fields on 99% 

Still wild screen pause and loading time into battle, and weirdly long loading on exp and items screen after battle

Is the duplicating direct/music folders issue still a thing? I think I'm getting used to the lag for what it's worth lol

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #6 on: 2023-11-01 15:09:53 »
Try with "Advanced Lighting" off and SYW Fields on "Light".

If still on-going, please reach us on the Qhimm Discord for a faster support.