Author Topic: Need a little help please!  (Read 8640 times)

eerrrr

• View Profile
Need a little help please!
« on: 2001-07-26 12:59:00 »
Hello!!!
It's the holidays, I'm not giong anywhere, I get up at 6:30 to do my paper-round, AND I HAVE NOTHING TO DO!!! So I decided to try emulating FF9, but it didnt work. I used an old post called 'Help needed emulating FF9' or something and I used Sir Canealot's stuff to set up ePSXe. But I cant start the game. I can run my NTSC bios, but on the PAL game. Do you reckon thats the problem? Cos the Bios is NTSC and the game's PAL? Anyway when I run the game it just goes really busy but the screen stays black. I fiddled around loads with the plugins for videos and stuff making them really fast and simple or really slow with good graphics and stuff, but nothing happens. Ive got:

Pentium 2
233MHz
ATI Rage 2
32 MB RAM
Win 98
ummmm...thats it.

Ohhh, Ive got an idea. Maybe I should try closing WindowBlinds. Well I'll try that, but in the mean time does anyone know what I can do?

Soemthing else, I cant spend the holidays emulating FF9. So does anyone know of anything else  can do? Have you ever heard of  http://www.elastomania.com" TARGET=_blank>ElastoMania ? Its a great game, you should try it out. If you like it email me and I'll send you the full version  :wink:. Anyway, bye.

ffgriever

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2001-07-26 14:08:00 »
I thought PAL version can't be emulated on epsxe? I just use NTSC (US) ver. I also have an original PAL (GB) version and have the same problems (just played it on my psx). The next version of FPSE (0.10) should support PAL versions even without any cracks.

ffgriever

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2001-07-26 14:16:00 »
Anyway, even if you'll succed to emulate ff9 you may experience some problems. As fo me, your machine is to slow to run it properly (233MHz, 32RAM, ...). You wont be probably even able to watch the mdecs. Hey I have duron 700, geforce2mx400, 256MB of ram, sb LIVE, and in few moments game still isn't fast enough. (or maybe in resolution like 320x240 with minimal settings and without sound it may work fast, just try)

ffgriever

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2001-07-26 14:39:00 »
Oh, didn't read to the very end... ElastoMania? I'm sure that in 1997 this game was called Action SuperCross. I love this game. Would you be so nice and send the full version to me? ( [email protected] ). The new version looks so nice...

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2001-07-26 17:58:00 »
Hell yea. Not only is your computer a couple of hundred mhz to slow for FFIX.
The UK Pal version dosent work due to some homosexual copy protection they put on the CD.

The funny thing is I would buy the offcial Pal version to replace my pirated NTSC version but whats the point when it dont work? Haha lesss money for Sqaure.

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2001-07-26 19:29:00 »
Argh, oh well. I only wanted to do it to pass time, I've already started FF9 again on my PSX. I'll send you ElastoMania in a sec ffgriever, and yeah it was called Action SuperCross. But I think that was for Dos, this is for windows. So does anyone know of any good games like ElastoMania/Action Supercross?

Yuna

« Reply #6 on: 2001-07-26 21:45:00 »
To play FF9 without some error...
Try download VGS ver 1.41 on bleemer.163.net or  http://www.bleemer.net" TARGET=_blank>www.bleemer.net   or  http://www.bleemer.com" TARGET=_blank>www.bleemer.com   or  bleemer.heha.net (try one of those)

If you done that, download the patch file on  http://www.aldostools.com/index2.html" TARGET=_blank>www.aldostools.com/index2.html   , and try to download ff9fix5.zip there...it could your vgs and can play FF9 smoothly...or you can e-mail Aldo himself (he will reply you ASAP).

If you can't do this, ask again OK...!!!

[This message has been edited by Yuna (edited July 26, 2001).]

StrayWings

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2001-07-27 07:45:00 »
 :)

wow...why don't play some nice old games like Monkey Island, Heroes III, Caesar III, etc..

Or maybe re-track your adventures in FF7 of FF8... catch the FF Movie.. there's a lot of stuff to do during the holidays~  :D Bring your GF out to the park... Buy her Pizza...

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #8 on: 2001-07-27 10:41:00 »
 :D  this is from the FAQ that comes with ePSXe.....doesn't anyone like reading though pages and pages of stuff anymore?

Q:  What's this?!?! The ePSXe docs say FFIX PAL is supported, but my version does not work!?
A:  Final Fantasy IX PAL needs a patch to be applied to an ISO image of an original CD
    before it can work with ePSXe 1.2.0. Many people from the UK aren't able to locate
    a patch for their region yet, simply because there one doesn't exist yet! As of this
    writing, there are only patches for the german, the french and the spanish versions
    released. You can grab the PPF patches, and the engine to apply them with at PSXEmu.com

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2001-07-27 13:12:00 »
Dammit, I couldnt be bothered to read the FAQ. But I'll check the site to see if the UK patch is out yet. I'm already playing through FF9 again on my PSX so I cant be bothered with 7 & 8. As for a GF, I dont have one  :(. Ive heard about that Monkey Island game, its supposed to be really good. Can I get it for free of the internet or is it one of the games you have to buy in shops?

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2001-07-27 19:23:00 »
I dont think a UK patch for FFIx will be out any time soon as the game used very bad copy protection.

Like most game that run a check on the CD when the game starts so there for it is easy to crack FFIx UK Pal runs the check at 100s of point though out the game makeing it VERY hard to crack if not impossible. So good luck then  :)

StrayWings

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2001-07-27 19:56:00 »
 :) Well, have fun playing FF9 eerrrr~

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #12 on: 2001-07-27 21:04:00 »
I have some friends that are playing Elastomania for so long as i know them. They are weird. Its about two years now.

J*** H*******

« Reply #13 on: 2001-07-27 21:14:00 »
Message.

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2001-07-27 22:02:00 »
2 Years of Elasto Mania? Thats just sad. Hmmm, quick response people! Im going into town tomorow so quickly tell me a good game that can be run on crappy computers, or a good PSX game. Maybe I'll buy that Grandia game, its £10 now I think. Or isnt Grandia 2 out? I dunno. I'll look tomorow. Oh yeah I'm playing Chrono Trigger on my PC again, didnt get far last time cos I got bored.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #15 on: 2001-07-28 03:56:00 »
Well, there is always SNES and the FF roms....

there are a lot of RGP type games out there for the SNES...it's just a matter of finding them and finding the Translation patches (for the good ones, anyway.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2001-07-28 16:43:00 »
I have most of the good ones.
So I could email em to ya Eerrrr if you want.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2001-07-28 17:25:00 »
Yay!
After my exam, (it ends 4th August) I will have a whole 1 1/2 months break.

That means I have time to catch up on all the things I've not managed to do. *thinks* (Remembers that he has to burn CD-R's for eerrrr & Joey)

Come to think of it, I think I'll spend more time restarting FF7 over and over to decode the field files. What an interesting 1 1/2 months I'll be  :)

Maybe I'll get some anime to watch. Anyone know where to d/l Eva eps? (Larger file sizes the better)

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2001-07-29 17:22:00 »
Hey cool, thanks Sir Canealot. But I'm not sure I like SNES games, I prefer games with flashy graphics which are 3d. I find Chrono Trigger kinda boring, but only got to that castle thing after you time travel for the first time near the beggining of the game, does the game get any better? But can you email me then Cane? Thanks.
Im gonna go to the Posty's tomorow and ask them about how to send you the money SaiNt. Good luck with your exams!

StrayWings

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2001-07-30 16:56:00 »
EDIT
- Thanks Jari  :D

nevermind though...so, what games you guys are playing now?

[This message has been edited by StrayWings (edited July 30, 2001).]

J*** H*******

« Reply #20 on: 2001-07-30 05:18:00 »
Message.