Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3048517 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'm tracing via assembly the field script. Something has gone totally tits up. The 2nd party member isn't around and Aerith gets stuck in her move operation for unknown reason

frneo

• View Profile
Hello,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for making this incredible mod available to us.

Long story short: I'm and old FFVII fan, played it several times on the PSX since it came out, and I just purchased the game on Steam a couple of days ago after hearing about this mod.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, and I would appreciate ANY help I could get on this matter.

I've been trying to make sense of how the game files and mods work, and I'm starting to get a general idea.

Anyway... I tried using the Avalanche GUI with reunion v06 and noticed that the PS controller button prompts went missing.

I found button positions inside BASE\New_Translation\menu\ usfont_a_*.tex and added the buttons at those same positions in the usfont_a_* files in Avalanche GUI.

When I check the keybind config ingame, I now get the proper PS controller buttons. But I still get a blank prompt in dialog boxes, like the Junon parade button prompts.

I've tried a lot of stuff and couldn't get this working.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
Hello, I've actually just found the solution. You need to add the buttons to their respective color files i.e. red colored file for the "circle" button, etc. If anyone is having problems, let me know and I can maybe post in more detail to help out.

Been having a great time with FF7 modding and with the Reunion mod.

Thank you guys for this great community!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Honestly... none of this makes sense. It happens with original flevel but clearly it's a Reunion issue. I think  I need some sleep and will investigate further tomorrow.

Zenoxio

• View Profile
  see first post
  there's logs

Thank you, I did verify the log file indicating:
The Reunion - R06d

Mod ID: none

Activated: New translation

But when I play the game, I get things like "But Soldier are the enemy!" from Jessie which doesn't seem to be part of the new translation. I compared it to https://youtu.be/4k7d1CthrxY?t=204 too.

fethers

• View Profile
1. After the save prompt that marks the end of disc 1, whenever an fmv is encountered the wrong video is played. Specifically, the fmv's start to play again in order from the beginning of the game, so the northern crater and weapon attack fmv's are replaced by the reactor bombing's and plate falling.

2. Continuously after the disc 1 save prompt. I haven't gone much further to see if it ever corrects itself.

3. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnA6WFzxqsNNilRWwlXYJ7_rImkV?e=VYyPs1

4. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnA6WFzxqsNNilVNsRLHalX7r522?e=krsJbc

5. It doesn't cause a crash, so there's no dump file.

6. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnA6WFzxqsNNilb0TTEAI_I-JyTl?e=LngTcZ

[if this is an audio issue]

7. Not an audio issue.

[if this is a performance issue] Probably not a performance issue but,

8. Intel i5-7600k (run at stock)

9. Windows 10 Pro

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
upgrade to R06e And post app.log as well next time if there's still an issue.  Also, how do you know that line isn't in new translation? 
« Last Edit: 2020-04-24 08:44:17 by DLPB »

Shake0

• View Profile
I have a slight visual bug with mouths.

https://imgur.com/a/cwuPm83 - Reunion toggled off

https://imgur.com/a/Zs2zzLc - Reunion toggled on

When Reunion is on, the mouths will visually change as you move around, and 'flicker' a tiny bit. Standing at some angles, the mouth will almost fully disappear. This happens when using other models also. The closed mouth option makes no difference (tested with Model Overhaul on).

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Please compile a list and supply it to me at the end.  Otherwise you will be drip feeding this one by one.  Also, if the issue exists without Reunion, it doesn't belong in this thread. See first post.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-24 10:48:55 by DLPB »

m_artn

• View Profile
Is there any way to get this running with the German Steam Version of FF7?

I get R06 installed with the FF7_GameConverter_0.11 but when the first Battle starts, the screen swirls to black an freezes.
Does anyone knows a proper way to get the German Version modded without 7th Heaven?

Shake0

• View Profile
Please compile a list and supply it to me at the end.  Otherwise you will be drip feeding this one by one.  Also, if the issue exists without Reunion, it doesn't belong in this thread. See first post.
My only other issue with this mod was solved by a small hint from another user, and the rest myself. I'm not sure what your "compile a list" comment is about.

I have essentially no experience with this game and was setting it up for a first playthrough. After looking into it more, the mouths do flicker by default for me and most likely everyone. So, that isn't an issue with the mod. I was not aware.

This extra distortion of the mouths, in which the mouth wouldn't take proper shapes (shown in pictures), no matter where I stood, was only occurring when The Reunion was on. Including when The Reunion was the only mod I had installed a few days ago. I believe I have fixed it. Thanks.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I mean get me a list as you play through.  Note it in notepad or word and give me it at the end.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Is there any way to get this running with the German Steam Version of FF7?

I get R06 installed with the FF7_GameConverter_0.11 but when the first Battle starts, the screen swirls to black an freezes.
Does anyone knows a proper way to get the German Version modded without 7th Heaven?

As first post.  It will require that someone add german files to R06 and they will need to know what they're doing.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
23.apr.2020   traveler0420    New Translation   After the FMV with the Temple of the Ancients collapsing, the game will soft lock in an endless screen shake.   "Issue identified -
implementing solution"

Sega Chief also helped resolve.  The issue is again the shitty member order manifesting itself here.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
For now, please access the menu and MAKE SURE that Aerith is in slot 2 for the duration of the temple....  if she is in slot 1 or 3... you will be fucked.  make sure cloud is slot 1

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Programming this game is like chess v a grandmaster.  Always one step ahead.

skyhawk

• View Profile
Programming this game is like chess v a grandmaster.  Always one step ahead.
It's almost like it's a painful, quirky, buggy mess that almost sank the original release, let alone years-after-the-fact modding without source code?

edit: In case it's not clear, I'm talking shit about the original game and it's development. This is in no way meant to detract from yourself or your excellent and painstaking work, DLPB.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-24 22:44:16 by skyhawk »

Zenoxio

• View Profile
upgrade to R06e And post app.log as well next time if there's still an issue.  Also, how do you know that line isn't in new translation?

Thank you! I assumed that line isn't in the new translation, as the other YouTube videos of The Reunion is a different line (and it's also incorrect grammar). If that line is in the new translation, my fault!

Here's my app.log file in case that line is meant to be different: https://pastebin.com/6K83ZTsh

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's not incorrect grammar - though prob sounds weird to an American.  But regardless, please see reunion database.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 01:21:36 by DLPB »

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
It's not incorrect grammar - though prob sounds weird to an American.  But regardless, please see reunion database.

its actually considered incorrect in american english to use a plural verb with a single organization, while in british it is up to the speaker/writer whether to use singular or plural verb to agree with an organization... but the line has been changed to a grammatically correct line in reunion anyway

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Which is why I said it will sound weird to an American.  It is not a grammar mistake - it's accepted English - no matter what Americanisms exist.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Which is why I said it will sound weird to an American.  It is not a grammar mistake - it's accepted English - no matter what Americanisms exist.

American English is just as English as British English, you racist bastard (just a joke, calm down)

although i'll give you guys aluminium, aluminum just sounds dumb and doesnt match the other elements
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 01:47:26 by Orichalcon »

skyhawk

• View Profile
I've watched enough YouTube that unlike everyone else in Canada,  I now pronounce the 'l' in solder.

InanimateCrbnRod

• View Profile
Hello all,

new user here, I used to mod ff7 way back in like 2008, but I'm back at it again after seeing the beacause translation, and some of the cool ai upscaled backgrounds. Anyways I am having some trouble getting reunion up and running properly and I can't seem to find my answers in any of the documentation, or on google reddit or steam.

I have reunion installed, and I'm using the steam version of the game. but I can't get it to run in fullscreen at 4:3. its either stretched 16:9 or windowed. How do I fix this? I tried using a borderless window app but it pushed everything to one side of the screen. is there something in the .ini I'm missing?

oh also, please tell me I can unlock achievements while using this.

Sorry for the questions, thank you for the help! I can't wait to try it

EDIT: I've gotten everything working now. for anyone having the same issue here is what my .ini settings had to look like
full_screen = y
window_x = 0
window_y = 0
window_width = 1920
window_height = 1080
preserve_aspect = y

I was also having an issue where the trigger buttons wouldn't register on gamepad, but using steam's controller profiler to mimic the keyboard commands fixed the issue.

aside from my trophy question, I was wondering if it might be possible down the line to add the feature from the ps4 version to turn off random encounters when we want. As someone who has played the game over 30 times it would be a welcome feature. thanks!

« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 17:12:07 by InanimateCrbnRod »

GrayFoxN312

• View Profile
My battle menu boxes in R06e are transparent and I don't want them to be. Can I turn them back to the original opacity somehow?

https://imgur.com/a/daLKKCJ

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Honestly, that isn't how to go about it USB.  It has to be done properly.  There's no way to yet but I may add option at some point.