Author Topic: game wont run please help me  (Read 4210 times)

sirkos

• View Profile
game wont run please help me
« on: 2016-01-08 14:14:38 »
after all the mods have been downloaded and stuff when i click to play in 7th heaven the ff7 game opens then closes with nothing
i have the mods in the right order
the game works with a few mods before but not now
im running C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7_bc.exe (i think im using  The Reunion - Beacause: root\ff7_bc.exe)
but im using Sephiroth Story Mod where or how do i know if its the Safer selected and do i run root\ff7_ss_safer.exe instead?

also now with just 1 mod the game doesnt work.

« Last Edit: 2016-01-08 14:40:01 by sirkos »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: game wont run please help me
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-08 16:33:02 »
You can't use Sephiroth Story Mod with Beacuase. They both edit the same fields and will overlap each other with bad results. I have this written into the mods to disable automatically, so that the fact that you can enable them both concerns me. You have had nothing but a mountain of problems, one after the other, since this release. I am convinced you don't have something setup correctly and have caused your own user errors by not reading directions carefully. I am stil willing to help you, but the information you provide contradicts what can actually be enabled with my settings.

There is no way you can enable The Reunion: Beacause and Sephiroth Story Mod together.

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-08 17:19:47 »
ok but do you know why my game closes straight away after i open it? even with just 1 mod active? this happened after i downloaded all mods and enabled all, even if some mods stop others from working but if all mods being active then there shouldnt be a problem right?

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-08 17:29:31 »
ok but do you know why my game closes straight away after i open it? even with just 1 mod active? this happened after i downloaded all mods and enabled all, even if some mods stop others from working but if all mods being active then there shouldnt be a problem right?

Have you checked the FF7 config menu in the sound tab to see if it has picked up your sound device, one of the most common problems for 7th Heaven not working is a un-configured sound device.

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-08 17:46:31 »
well with what you said the sound option didnt have anything selected so that was something but it didnt fix my problem, the game itself still closes after being opened from the 7th heaven

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-08 17:51:36 »
well with what you said the sound option didnt have anything selected so that was something but it didnt fix my problem, the game itself still closes after being opened from the 7th heaven

What mod are you using, try using the standard exe if you are not, also have you recently updated your gpu drivers.

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-08 18:04:12 »
well without mods its the same and how would i check my gpu?, all of  this was working earlier today