Author Topic: still got a problem with encounters in New Threat mod (i tried many things).  (Read 5872 times)

sirkos

• View Profile
I encounter enemies that do 4k damage at the start, I been told to re-sync the scene.bin and kernel.bin in the data folder using ProudClodFinal and that didn't work.

I unpacked the New Threat Mod and the scene and kernel did need syncing then I packed it up then added it to 7th heaven but then the very first fight caused the enemy to kill me with 1 hit without any damage or clouds death animation to show.

I did a clean installation using a new FF7 game folder the scene and kernel.bin didn't need syncing but the random encounter still being bosses is still happening, is there something wrong with New Threat?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
It'll be 7th heaven not set up properly.

sirkos

• View Profile
It'll be 7th heaven not set up properly.

do you mean the installation of 7th heaven like i have to use a new 7th heaven folder and use the registry remove tool and redownload mods?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Yeah, usually when this happens it's the 7h install that's off because it isn't changing the kernel correctly. Only real sure way is to start again.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

Steps are:
Wipe out the game; keep any save folders you need though. Delete the game files/uninstall etc. There is a recommendation for cleaning the registry but I typically don't do this.

Install the game (Steam preferably, but 1998 max install from Disc should work too); install it to a non-protected folder that isn't Program Folders. Steam tends to install games to this folder by default which can cause security read/write problems with 3rd party tools like 7h.

When installed, run the Game Converter from the 7h tutorial thread. If you've ran GC in the past, it'll give uninstall as an option (confirm this by pressing U, then run the tool again). It'll ask for your FF7 directory if it doesn't auto-detect it, so type it in manually with the "" included.

You can install the game converted version to the same directory that your current FF7 sits in; this tends to be cleaner than having two separate directories as you can still run 1998/Steam independently of 7h; they don't interfere with each other.

The GC step must be completed in order for 7h to function properly. After it's done, make sure that 7h itself is pointing at the correct files/.exes (should be ff7.exe, and not ff7_en.exe which is the Steam exe).

Now you should test 7h before downloading any heavy-duty mods. Best way is to download a gameplay mod like NT and run the game. Typically, it's the Kernel that won't be patched if the install process didn't work properly. Drop a save file into your save folder (can be from vanilla, doesn't matter) and check the Bronze Bangle. If it has 3 Materia slots, then the Kernel patched successfully (or can check other equipment, if it's different from vanilla then it's patched).

If all else fails, NT can be played without 7h by using the regular installer it has. This patches over the game files. Problem with this is that other mods can't be combined into it as easily.

sirkos

• View Profile
Yeah, usually when this happens it's the 7h install that's off because it isn't changing the kernel correctly. Only real sure way is to start again.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

Steps are:
Wipe out the game; keep any save folders you need though. Delete the game files/uninstall etc. There is a recommendation for cleaning the registry but I typically don't do this.

Install the game (Steam preferably, but 1998 max install from Disc should work too); install it to a non-protected folder that isn't Program Folders. Steam tends to install games to this folder by default which can cause security read/write problems with 3rd party tools like 7h.

When installed, run the Game Converter from the 7h tutorial thread. If you've ran GC in the past, it'll give uninstall as an option (confirm this by pressing U, then run the tool again). It'll ask for your FF7 directory if it doesn't auto-detect it, so type it in manually with the "" included.

You can install the game converted version to the same directory that your current FF7 sits in; this tends to be cleaner than having two separate directories as you can still run 1998/Steam independently of 7h; they don't interfere with each other.

The GC step must be completed in order for 7h to function properly. After it's done, make sure that 7h itself is pointing at the correct files/.exes (should be ff7.exe, and not ff7_en.exe which is the Steam exe).

Now you should test 7h before downloading any heavy-duty mods. Best way is to download a gameplay mod like NT and run the game. Typically, it's the Kernel that won't be patched if the install process didn't work properly. Drop a save file into your save folder (can be from vanilla, doesn't matter) and check the Bronze Bangle. If it has 3 Materia slots, then the Kernel patched successfully (or can check other equipment, if it's different from vanilla then it's patched).

If all else fails, NT can be played without 7h by using the regular installer it has. This patches over the game files. Problem with this is that other mods can't be combined into it as easily.

ok thanks ill give this a try :)
could i reuse the mod folder after all this works so i dont have to download anything?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Yeah should work, the IROs don't change. Just make sure 7h is pointing at it.

sirkos

• View Profile
Yeah should work, the IROs don't change. Just make sure 7h is pointing at it.

i followed your instructions and its still not working, i did need to update 7th heaven from 1.54 to 1.56, i think the problem is i was using Jessie mod? but probably because i was using the because mod (that might also modify the game data just like NT does) but only for the menu option and thats because if i dont then FF7 menu and battle UI would be messed up but with 7th heaven 1.56 it doesnt seem to be messed up now unless NT fixes that, im gonna try again without Jessie and because mod.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
i followed your instructions and its still not working, i did need to update 7th heaven from 1.54 to 1.56, i think the problem is i was using Jessie mod? but probably because i was using the because mod (that might also modify the game data just like NT does) but only for the menu option and thats because if i dont then FF7 menu and battle UI would be messed up but with 7th heaven 1.56 it doesnt seem to be messed up now unless NT fixes that, im gonna try again without Jessie and because mod.

You can't combine NT and Beacause, they both write to the same chunk of the fields (script + text). Jessie mod can be used with NT but the jessie mod overwrites the encounter table when it doesn't need to; import and use this adjusted one instead through the library tab: http://www.mediafire.com/file/825mu1w33g83ruh/Jessie_IRO_Compatability_Patched.iro/file

But NT and Beacause won't go together.

sirkos

• View Profile
You can't combine NT and Beacause, they both write to the same chunk of the fields (script + text). Jessie mod can be used with NT but the jessie mod overwrites the encounter table when it doesn't need to; import and use this adjusted one instead through the library tab: http://www.mediafire.com/file/825mu1w33g83ruh/Jessie_IRO_Compatability_Patched.iro/file

But NT and Beacause won't go together.

that's what I thought so since I wasn't using them mods I manage to get through the first bombing mission, thanks Cheif.