Author Topic: Just an idea... Break HP Limit / Break MP Limit / Break Damage Limit materia?  (Read 4014 times)

LJH

• View Profile
How possible would that be?

So that, to break the limits requires certain materia equipped?

Edit: Also nice for custom enemies, would be making certain attacks only able to break the limit, while other attacks can't. And indeed, being able to give characters attacks that can always break the limit, and others that never can. (perhaps Bahamut Zero, Shadow Flare and Pandora's Box... KOTR + BDL would be overkill, so it should never be able to... things like that. Maybe Ultima for BDL as well, whereas Comet2 should maybe be another restricted one)
« Last Edit: 2008-04-06 14:24:09 by LJH »

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
Sounds like a good idea to me, if it can be pulled off.
Which I'm sure it can, seeing as the people on these forums, well they are genius' in my eyes :-P
The stuff they have done for this game is incredible, so I see no reason why one of said genius' couldn't do that as well.

Destiny

• View Profile
Ehm... if im not sayng a stupid thing. But this is already done whit the dziugo's 9999lb patch, am i wrong?  :oops:

Viashino

• View Profile
True it is already done, but they are saying materia that can break damage limit, which with the patch EVERYTHING breaks the limit and things like KOTR take all the fun out of the game now because of it.  But it may be possible, ill give it a look later.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-07 12:56:45 by Viashino »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Sure, anything is possible. Tedious in this case, but still...

LJH

• View Profile
Also, filling in the blanks... Master Support and Master Independant might be interesting, dunno how practical to make they'd be though...

Although as with Master Command (and unlike Master Magic and Master Summon), you'd have to be selective about which ones it included. For example, if Master Support were to include Final Attack, you could easily link Master Support - Phoenix, and equip a Master Summon so your use of Phoenix wouldn't be limited. Thus, invincibility, unless you run out of MP or get Petrified. (and a Ribbon/Safety Bit nicely takes care of the latter)

Just my opinions on them:

Master Support: All, Elemental, Added Effect, HP Absorb, MP Absorb, Added Cut(only if a way to disable this on curative spells can be found), MP Turbo, Steal As Well, Counter, Magic Counter, Quadra Magic, Sneak Attack. (Excluded: Final Attack)
Master Independant: Cover, Chocobo Lure(sure, why not?), Long Range, Counterattack, HP Plus (+50%, same as a mastered HP Plus), MP Plus (see note on HP plus), Magic Plus(same), Speed Plus(same), Luck Plus(same), Gil Plus, Pre-Emptive, EXP Plus, Mega All (Underwater just wouldn't be possible, I guess... also excluded Enemy Lure and Enemy Away for fairly obvious reasons, and HP<->MP for very obvious reasons... maybe should exclude Chocobo Lure too, I dunno). And of course if they were made, include the Break Limits.

I guess this is more hypothetical though.

supercool330

• View Profile
Making a materia to do this would be essentially impossible since the way the game stores data for materia is fairly limited (check http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Materia_data for more info on that).  It would be theoretically possible if you added the code to the exe file to interpret a new materia type value and have it act as a switch for max damage or something (I am fairly sure this would be incredibly difficult).  Sorry, this would be really cool, but I don't think it can practically be done.