Author Topic: [PC] Text editor - touphScript (v1.4.0)  (Read 240218 times)

usb

• View Profile
Re: [PC] Text editor - touphScript (v1.4.0)
« Reply #425 on: 2020-04-21 11:22:07 »
Latest 1.4 version is missing some text files. These are inspired from Reunion R06 installer and should work with this 1.4

Create a file with notepad++ in utf-8-bom, named Chars.txt and paste the code here https://pastebin.com/D4SkFSN1 (this is vanilla chars table)
Create a file with notepad++ in utf-8, named touphScript.ini and paste the code here https://pastebin.com/XQ7UAHbd

Put both file where is touphScript.exe

In touphScript.ini the part under:
# Override common spacing values
#override window.bin  - spacing table
are disabled (the values are from my italian reunion port and not vanilla game, don't know what appen in vanilla game so better leave disabled... to enable delete #)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-04 09:58:30 by usb »

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2020-04-21 13:43:02 »
Latest 1.4 version is missing some text files. These are form Reunion R06 installer and should work with this 1.4

Create a file with notepad++ in utf-8-bom, named Chars.txt and paste the code here https://pastebin.com/D4SkFSN1 (this is vanilla chars table)
Create a file with notepad++ in utf-8, named touphScript.ini and paste the code here https://pastebin.com/XQ7UAHbd

are disabled (the values are from reunion and not vanilla game, to enable delete #)

I've tried with this solution. Something changed, but still it doesn't work.
This is the log now:
Code: [Select]
Registry values found:SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII
Error creating spacing table
Cannot read / error reading flevel
Couldn't dump world_us: basic_ios::clear: iostream error
Couldn't dump scene: converting to scene failed, basic_ios::clear: iostream error
Couldn't dump kernel: basic_ios::clear: iostream error
Couldn't dump kernel2: basic_ios::clear: iostream error
Couldn't dump exe: basic_ios::clear: iostream error

The problem seems to be a missing spacing table. I've tried re-enabling the one under #override window.bin - spacing table, but it doesn't work and says:

FF7.exe not found, using spacing values in config file.

And that's probably because I'm trying to use it on the 7H FF7.exe while the string, as you said, is thought for use with Reunion.
Well, I actually don't know, I'm just guessing.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 13:49:19 by Khrone »

usb

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2020-04-21 19:13:19 »
I've tried with this solution. Something changed, but still it doesn't work.
This is the log now:
Couldn't dump scene: converting to scene failed, basic_ios::clear: iostream error

The problem seems to be a missing spacing table. I've tried re-enabling the one under #override window.bin - spacing table, but it doesn't work and says:

FF7.exe not found, using spacing values in config file.

And that's probably because I'm trying to use it on the 7H FF7.exe while the string, as you said, is thought for use with Reunion.
Well, I actually don't know, I'm just guessing.

never tried 7th exe but try in #Override paths to write the full path of every files, like
flevel = C:\Users\touphScript 1.4\flevel.lgp
and so on for the other

if you don't want to dump text from a specific file in # Dump Text set it to 0

basic_ios::clear: iostream error     

in my test they appear when it's missing the file (dump enabled but not path set)

don't use override spacing
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 19:20:41 by usb »

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2020-04-21 20:35:47 »
Latest 1.4 version is missing some text files. These are form Reunion R06 installer and should work with this 1.4

are disabled (the values are from reunion and not vanilla game, don't know what appen in vanilla game... to enable delete #)

Before, thanks for helping, really appreciate :)

With your tips now dump and encode work good. thanks again ;)
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 10:05:11 by Loki_ »

Spellshade

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2020-04-28 04:25:06 »
Is there updated documentation for this tool?

I am looking to edit in-game dialogue, but touphScript doesn't seem to accept different line counts.
I know it's possible because Beacause does it, but...

usb

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2020-05-04 10:00:44 »
Is there updated documentation for this tool?

I am looking to edit in-game dialogue, but touphScript doesn't seem to accept different line counts.
I know it's possible because Beacause does it, but...

touphScript doesn't accept different line counts. If you want to add new text you need to use makou reactor to add new text entries (and change field script)

AwesomeHairo

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2020-07-24 21:36:21 »
Hi. Can anyone walk me through, step by step, on how to rename Spell names (and maybe Monster names)?

I want to rename some things from the Reunion's New Translation, namely Poison Null (Poisona) and Status Null (Esuna). If I can rename them, I'd be happy.

When I open the .exe, I'm not sure what else to do other than type 'd' and press Enter, in which case it doesn't do anything.

Landarma

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2020-07-24 23:15:43 »
Hi. Can anyone walk me through, step by step, on how to rename Spell names (and maybe Monster names)?

I want to rename some things from the Reunion's New Translation, namely Poison Null (Poisona) and Status Null (Esuna). If I can rename them, I'd be happy.

When I open the .exe, I'm not sure what else to do other than type 'd' and press Enter, in which case it doesn't do anything.
I think spell names are stored in the kernel.  You'll need the kernel editor to do that.

AwesomeHairo

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2020-07-30 02:16:22 »
I think spell names are stored in the kernel.  You'll need the kernel editor to do that.

Thanks. Now I want to be able to rename item names that come out from treasure chests. I'm guessing those come from the flevel.lgp file, and editing kernel.bin doesn't update the flevel.

Harleyquinn

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2020-09-15 02:35:08 »
Latest 1.4 version is missing some text files. These are inspired from Reunion R06 installer and should work with this 1.4

are disabled (the values are from my italian reunion port and not vanilla game, don't know what appen in vanilla game so better leave disabled... to enable delete #)
Thank you very much for that, I was not sure what to do because version 1.4.0 did not have any readme. This was a great help, as I am trying to port a Portuguese translation to 7th Heaven and I needed to extract the text files.

wojtekssm

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2021-01-14 15:06:23 »
Works on steam version if no there is more text editors to steam? I would like to translate into my language

usb

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2021-01-15 12:03:25 »
Works on steam version if no there is more text editors to steam? I would like to translate into my language
Yes, compatible with steam version

dangarfield

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2021-01-15 13:27:15 »
I've documented usb's notes, created a brief readme on 1.4 usage and configuration and added to a github fork. Just waiting for the owner to merge the pull request.

Hopefully this should help a little. My fork: (until it is merged) https://github.com/dangarfield/touphscript#toughscript

wojtekssm

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2021-01-19 18:17:42 »
Which file corresponds to editing text in the menu?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2021-01-20 08:49:36 »
Added the files and made my settings. Still doesn't work.

Kimsiudog

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2021-02-06 11:02:14 »
i really don't like using this tool, at least loveless text editor is much better than this one except can't auto resize all text box with a single click, but i can still resize some text box manually, just really time consuming to resize so many in game text box as i don't have much time everyday.
i have my ff7 steam install and add every full path for the files but can't dump at all, trying this for 2 days already but failed. why can't this tough script editor just open any file like flevel.lgp file and do the proper editing, after that save and done. easy unlike this one can't seem to get it work on either old 98 pc or the newer steam version.

No FFVII installation found

i only need a text editor to resize every text box in game automatically and fast, since the text box are all not scaled properly with the text, some missing text or the only a few text but the text box is so big, lmao
« Last Edit: 2021-02-06 13:35:38 by Kimsiudog »

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #441 on: 2021-02-06 14:36:54 »
i really don't like using this tool, at least loveless text editor is much better than this one except can't auto resize all text box with a single click, but i can still resize some text box manually, just really time consuming to resize so many in game text box as i don't have much time everyday.
i have my ff7 steam install and add every full path for the files but can't dump at all, trying this for 2 days already but failed. why can't this tough script editor just open any file like flevel.lgp file and do the proper editing, after that save and done. easy unlike this one can't seem to get it work on either old 98 pc or the newer steam version.

No FFVII installation found

i only need a text editor to resize every text box in game automatically and fast, since the text box are all not scaled properly with the text, some missing text or the only a few text but the text box is so big, lmao

toughscript has worked for me very recently, but anyway if you  are especially wanting to edit text boxes, new versions of makou reactor can do that ( https://github.com/myst6re/makoureactor/releases ), and also you can try BoxFF7 from http://www.ff7.live/othersoftware.html

just like toughscript, neither makou or boxff7 is extremely easy to use, so expect a bit of work and research in learning how to use them if you havent before

Kimsiudog

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2021-02-07 00:36:06 »
thanks a lot, ori for the link :) well i have v1.83 makou reactor and loveless 2.5 to do the text box resizing as certain text box can't be resize on makou reactor v1.83 not sure about the newest one as i did not use the latest vers. i wanted to download BoxFF7 and try it but the download link is already down, but thanks a lot to you for the new link, i am able to use BoxFF7 tool now. i will make sure to follow your advice on that, so thanks again ;)

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2021-03-08 16:07:20 »
Hello!

I checked the link at the first post and all I can do is download an .exe file (touphScript.exe). There is no Read Me to read despite the warning about doing it and no proper documentation about how to use this program that I could find. But maybe I am blind and it's around here somewhere?

Reading through the different posts I only got more and more confused.

Kutsufatmo

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2021-09-05 19:10:57 »
I'm in the same boat as Salk. I'd love to be able to use this software as it sounds like exactly the thing I would need to easily edit the script of FF7 and make some changes to the original English translation, but the first post talks about there being a readme file even though there is no link to it anywhere. When I try to dump the script, I just get a little textpad that says it found the registry entries for FF7 but no .ini file so it didn't generate anything. I'm guessing I need to include a .ini file somewhere, but again, without documentation from the readme I have no idea what that would be.

Can someone please point me in the right directions? I feel like this software would save me a lot of time compared to others as I wouldn't have to manually resize text boxes for the edits I make.

Thanks.

EDIT: Figured it out! Follow Harleyquinn's instructions just a few posts up. You will need to create a couple of text files. After that, open the touphScript.ini file that you created, and under the override paths section, manually set all the paths for your file references. Like for flevel in my case, I set mine to C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\data\field\flevel.lgp (do not use quotations)

It depends on where you installed the game to and what version you have. I'm using the old disc version, so I don't follow the normal Steam paths. Once all that was done, it dumped everything!

EDIT2: Now I have a new problem. Can't encode once I've made a change. :(

Just writes some ambiguous errors to the log file: "Couldn't encode world_us.lgp: Couldn't copy file C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp\ts6C84.tmp to C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\data\wm\world_us.lgp"

Do you have to extract the LGP files on your own first in order for it to re-encode them?
« Last Edit: 2021-09-05 21:31:29 by Kutsufatmo »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2021-09-06 20:48:26 »
Yes you need to have an existing lgp file there, also I dont mind sharing a ini template to use since one doesnt seem to be included in the latest version.

Kutsufatmo

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2021-09-06 22:28:52 »
The thing is I already do have an LGP file there to reference; it just fails to write to it anyway. Haven't been able to figure out why. Though at this point I think I might prefer to use Makou Reactor for script writing as it's nice to have more visual references when you're editing dialogue. But I might still need this for editing the scene.bin file as I think that's the only way to edit combat dialogue like in the scorpion fight.
« Last Edit: 2021-09-06 23:00:21 by Kutsufatmo »

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2021-09-09 15:01:25 »
Though at this point I think I might prefer to use Makou Reactor for script writing as it's nice to have more visual references when you're editing dialogue. But I might still need this for editing the scene.bin file as I think that's the only way to edit combat dialogue like in the scorpion fight.

Actually combat dialogue can be edited with Proud Clod, the text is part of the respective enemy's AI script (in your example Guard Scorpion's).

Kutsufatmo

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2021-09-10 03:12:00 »
Good call! Thanks, that worked.

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2022-09-09 18:23:03 »
There are a few issues that I don't know how to fix.

Field dump stops at:
Dumping level.lgp
979 / 985
C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII>
what is corrupted and how to fix it is not clear.

This translation exists only in this form.

I will attach the files, perhaps, I hope, such informal problems can be taken into account in the new version
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q58w1r4KpMsd-pNsBXvGryxJ_9jVnm5I/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: 2022-09-14 14:30:03 by shikulja »