Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 390146 times)

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven 2.0
« Reply #325 on: 2020-04-20 13:13:03 »
any way to get DLPB translation working with 7th heaven, JUST the translation not the reunion itself.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19586.0

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2020-04-20 19:35:22 »
Hey guys, i got all installed on my lap, Windows 7 32bit, iso working, but i get this message once game screen starts up:

OpenGL renderer does not support OpenGL 2.0. Your graphics drivers are probably not up to date. Shaders are required since version 0.8.

So i can only shut down message and screen.

Now my lap is bought in 2007, and im sure there aint no new drivers for it... Its toshiba satelite. Yeah i can hear you guys screamin  with tears laughing - get a new one!

I got a pc but im not home and not gonna be for a few months more, so...

Is it my guess that thats it or does someone have any advice? Anyway to get that opengl support or/and shaders support on it?

Log and dump are in the zip if needed.

PS thanks to everyone who worked hard to get us this new version! http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5e9df67bcbc07/Download.zip

PPS forgot, if i installed Windows 8 or 10 would it make any difference? And is there a difference in 32/64 versions, if one is not compatible w ff7/7h or not?

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: 2020-04-20 19:45:03 by lionheart82 »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #327 on: 2020-04-20 22:19:10 »
There's no difference between 32/64-bit or Windows versions other than where 7H looks for/sets game registry values due to architecture, and the "auto (dis)mount ISO" code since that is a native feature of Windows 8 and up only. With this being a laptop (integrated graphics) and being so old from 2007, my guess is that the problem is just as the error message says. If there's firmware/driver updates for it then that's probably your only option but you'd have to go digging on the internet to find out for your graphics chipset.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2020-04-20 22:21:43 »
Thought so... Sigh... Will have to wait then. Thanks for quick response, cheers.

Yoko22

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2020-04-20 22:32:11 »
I found the problem for the PS4 controller, it seems it wasn't working because Steam wasn't loaded in the background, I didn't get any problem since then.

ZeeB

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2020-04-20 22:46:44 »
First off thank you for all the work you've done. As a bit of a novice with this, I was finally able to play FF7 with beautiful mods due to how easy y'all have made it.

The program had been working correctly for me for a week or so now but today when I start it up, I get an error message and the app closes. The following message appears

"An unhandled exception has occurred and the app must close"

"The type initializer for 'Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys' threw an exception.

at Iros._7th.Workshop.Sys.add_MessageReceived(EventHandler`1 value)
   at SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.InitViewModel()
   at SeventhHeavenUI.MainWindow.Window_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)"

Not sure what to do about it so any help would be welcomed. Thanks again everyone

youffie

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2020-04-20 22:53:39 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19586.0

Yeah I know that, I was just wondering if it's possible to manually extract all the text, or is just impossible to do that by myself . .

Rumbah

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2020-04-20 23:04:45 »
Thought so... Sigh... Will have to wait then. Thanks for quick response, cheers.
I just looked up you graphics chip and it only supports DirectX 9 and OpenGL 1.4 . So it seems you won't be able to use Aali's driver or ffnx.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2020-04-20 23:35:35 »
Thx for info you guys, very helpfull.

Kitzer

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2020-04-21 01:17:23 »
No you're, not. Mount the ISO using a 3rd party tool. The ISO is located under \Resources\FF7DISC1.ISO in your 7H folder.

You're right in that I could use a 3rd party ISO tool, but then I'd be running 4 programs to essentially run 1.  Ideally I'd like to run 2 programs (the mod manager and the game) and it sounds like you're making progress adding in controller support, which is cool.

I did try to put in a PS1 disc to see if that would work, but for some reason it seems they named the PS1 and PC discs differently.

When I said I was curious about this requirement I really meant it.  Does the Steam version somehow have an ISO mounting tool built into the launcher that I'm not aware of?  Does the FF7 have some weird space limitation that can only be bypassed by faking a larger disc?  Maybe it's explained somewhere I couldn't find.

Pause all downloads besides the one you want to download and that one will download. You're limited to 1 download at a time.

I'm aware of the one download at a time limitation.  The problem is that if you pause those other downloads you have to resume them one at a time.  That means that if I pause to get the fifth mod to download I have to actively be there to resume every single time a mod finishes downloading.  They can't be resumed into the "pending" status.

Unfortunately I wasn't aware of this when I first ran it and decided halfway through one of the larger downloads that I wanted the smaller things to download first.  I went through the first couple of smaller mods and decided this was too involved, so I closed the program.  This completely clears the list and seemingly deletes data from all partial downloads, meaning I wasted around 600MB of data that likely eats into a data cap on the server.  From there I was careful to start the downloads in order based on size.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #335 on: 2020-04-21 18:44:10 »
I did try to put in a PS1 disc to see if that would work, but for some reason it seems they named the PS1 and PC discs differently.

When I said I was curious about this requirement I really meant it.  Does the Steam version somehow have an ISO mounting tool built into the launcher that I'm not aware of?
If you've got an optical drive, just burn the previously mentioned ISO to a physical disc and that should work just fine. If you don't like running several programs because it's a hassle to open and close them, you can always use a combination of 7th Heaven switches (see Help file for Shell Integration), the "Programs to Run" in the Game Launcher settings, and/or a batch file.

Steam doesn't have to use discs of course. They removed the disc checking code from their exe.

Mazrim

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2020-04-21 20:21:33 »
Sorry if this has been covered before, I've had a search and I think I've tried everything that has been suggested so far.

I've been trying to get 7th Heaven working with my PS4 gamepad to no avail.

Steps I've tried so far:

1. Setting the gamepad to preferred in Control Panel

2. Mapping the buttons to Key Binds in Big Picture for both 7th Heaven and the executable it loads.

3. Mapping the buttons to keys in AntiMicro then confirming in a notepad that the buttons are working as keypresses in Windows

4. Mapping the buttons to keys in Joy2Key then confirming in a notepad that the buttons are working as keypresses in Windows

5. Mapping the buttons to keys in DS4Windows then confirming in a notepad that the buttons are working as keypresses in Windows

if I load the game through Steam without the mod manager it recognises the gamepad without issue, but it just refuses to register any gamepad button presses if loaded through the mod manager. The keyboard works fine. I'm pretty confused as with points 3-5 it should just register the button presses as key strokes, which are working fine.

The problem is present regardless of whether I load 7th Heaven through steam or directly from the exe.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry figured it out, running DS4 as Admin works.

Please feel free to delete this post.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-21 20:31:52 by Mazrim »

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2020-04-23 19:52:11 »
Guys one question. I tryed to edit some text strings on ffvii.exe with touphscript. The tool does dump and ancode correctly but when i lunch the game with 7th all my edits come back to default. But if i rename the exe, to ffvii_bc.exe for example, all edits remain also in game. I use default ffvii.exe because I use ESUI for the menĂ¹, i don't use The Reunion mod. Is this an "issue" with 7th?

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #338 on: 2020-04-23 22:28:50 »
Guys one question. I tryed to edit some text strings on ffvii.exe with touphscript. The tool does dump and ancode correctly but when i lunch the game with 7th all my edits come back to default. But if i rename the exe, to ffvii_bc.exe for example, all edits remain also in game. I use default ffvii.exe because I use ESUI for the menĂ¹, i don't use The Reunion mod. Is this an "issue" with 7th?

If 7H is pointing to ff7.exe it should always be the English 1.02 patch. When you screw around with it, 7H knows it's not the correct EXE and fixes it. If you want to use a custom exe, name it as such (e.g. ff7_mycustom.exe) then point 7H to it under Settings>General Settings. 7H won't attempt to fix your custom named exe. ESUI doesn't require your exe be named ff7.exe either. You can name it whatever you want and ESUI will work fine.

This should be obvious, but I'll explain anyway. Your example, ff7_bc.exe is traditionally the old EXE used in the Beacause Menu Overhaul. ESUI isn't compatible with that exe because the content of that exe obviously conflicts with ESUI because they both significantly modify much of the same things in the UI, etc. It has nothing to do with it being named ff7_bc.exe. You could name your exe the same and ESUI would work fine with it, provided it doesn't change the same things that ESUI changes. You're talking about a conflict of mods, not 7th Heaven.

I'll also mention, everyone has moved away from custom EXEs. You can accomplish your same goal with hext, which is how ESUI does the same things as the old Menu Overhaul but without making permanent changes to or requiring a custom exe file.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-23 22:34:57 by unab0mb »

Cebmage

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2020-04-24 13:26:37 »
Have a bug where dialogue wont show on the flashback at the temple of the ancients. Turned the field models off and its back to normal. I was wondering if its just me that have experience this one.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #340 on: 2020-04-24 20:34:00 »
Have a bug where dialogue wont show on the flashback at the temple of the ancients. Turned the field models off and its back to normal. I was wondering if its just me that have experience this one.

Ask for help in the thread for the mod that is causing issues for you. You'll want to provide your profile details. This thread is for 7H as it pertains to the standalone program itself.

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2020-04-25 10:03:49 »
If 7H is pointing to ff7.exe it should always be the English 1.02 patch. When you screw around with it, 7H knows it's not the correct EXE and fixes it. If you want to use a custom exe, name it as such (e.g. ff7_mycustom.exe) then point 7H to it under Settings>General Settings. 7H won't attempt to fix your custom named exe. ESUI doesn't require your exe be named ff7.exe either. You can name it whatever you want and ESUI will work fine.

This should be obvious, but I'll explain anyway. Your example, ff7_bc.exe is traditionally the old EXE used in the Beacause Menu Overhaul. ESUI isn't compatible with that exe because the content of that exe obviously conflicts with ESUI because they both significantly modify much of the same things in the UI, etc. It has nothing to do with it being named ff7_bc.exe. You could name your exe the same and ESUI would work fine with it, provided it doesn't change the same things that ESUI changes. You're talking about a conflict of mods, not 7th Heaven.

I'll also mention, everyone has moved away from custom EXEs. You can accomplish your same goal with hext, which is how ESUI does the same things as the old Menu Overhaul but without making permanent changes to or requiring a custom exe file.

Using hex to translate strings is a bit of a pain, btw using touphscript e renaming exe does the trick, as you explain. thanks for help ;)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #342 on: 2020-04-25 19:10:36 »
Using hex to translate strings is a bit of a pain, btw using touphscript e renaming exe does the trick, as you explain. thanks for help ;)

How so? Take your base EXE, hextcompare it to your TouphScript modified EXE, and all the hext is dumped out for you and you just update the offset. Takes 10 seconds.

bran2396

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2020-04-26 18:33:58 »
Hi I've been getting an illegal character error everytime I try to launch 7th Heaven 2.0 even after uninstalling and re-installing as well as deleting the workshop several times here's the text from the applog:
Spoiler: show
12:55:39|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel|FF7 Exe path is empty or ff7.exe is missing. Auto detecting paths ...
12:55:39|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel|FF7Version Detected: Original98 (or Game Converted) with installation path: *:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\
12:55:39|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|directory missing. creating *:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven
12:55:39|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.App|! Unhandled exception (Application.Current.DispatcherUnhandledException)
12:55:39|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.App|System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(String fullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.LogAndCreateFolderIfNotExists(String pathToFolder)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.SetPathsFromInstallationPath(String pathToFf7Install)
   at SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel.AutoDetectSystemPaths(Settings settings)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
12:55:39|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Windows.UnhandledErrorWindow|System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.EmulateFileIOPermissionChecks(String fullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.LogAndCreateFolderIfNotExists(String pathToFolder)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.SetPathsFromInstallationPath(String pathToFf7Install)
   at SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel.AutoDetectSystemPaths(Settings settings)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
12:55:42|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.App|! Unhandled exception (AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException)
12:55:42|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.App|System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
12:58:18|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel|FF7 Exe path is empty or ff7.exe is missing. Auto detecting paths ...
12:58:18|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel|FF7Version Detected: Original98 (or Game Converted) with installation path: *:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\
12:58:18|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|directory missing. creating *:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven
12:58:18|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.App|! Unhandled exception (Application.Current.DispatcherUnhandledException)
12:58:18|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.App|System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
12:58:18|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Windows.UnhandledErrorWindow|System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
12:58:29|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.App|! Unhandled exception (AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException)
12:58:29|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.App|System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
13:18:13|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel|FF7 Exe path is empty or ff7.exe is missing. Auto detecting paths ...
13:18:13|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel|FF7Version Detected: Original98 (or Game Converted) with installation path: *:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\
13:18:13|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|directory missing. creating *:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven
13:18:13|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.App|! Unhandled exception (Application.Current.DispatcherUnhandledException)
13:18:13|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.App|System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
13:18:13|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Windows.UnhandledErrorWindow|System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
13:18:15|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.App|! Unhandled exception (AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException)
13:18:15|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.App|System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-26 22:39:53 by bran2396 »

WookieLord

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2020-04-28 00:44:28 »
Hello !
First of all thank you for all this work done over the years! All Qhimm community do a great job ! 8-)
hmm but I would have a question, I do not believe if it has already been asked, but, is it possible to change the language of the game.
I used until now version 1 of 7th heaven and I had no problem to play in French but since version 2 the game forces me to use the English version. Is there something to do?

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2020-04-28 12:12:20 »
Hello !
First of all thank you for all this work done over the years! All Qhimm community do a great job ! 8-)
hmm but I would have a question, I do not believe if it has already been asked, but, is it possible to change the language of the game.
I used until now version 1 of 7th heaven and I had no problem to play in French but since version 2 the game forces me to use the English version. Is there something to do?
Just wait... v2.0 is English-only (we had to start somewhere), v2.1 is having support for several more added :)

WookieLord

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2020-04-28 17:49:45 »
Just wait... v2.0 is English-only (we had to start somewhere), v2.1 is having support for several more added :)
thank you for your reply,
anyway, I tweaked so much that I broke my version that worked with V.1 haha  :-D
This time I will wait patiently.  :mrgreen:

corpse

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2020-04-28 18:37:12 »
Hi,

Lockdown has probably gone a little way to helping me complete Final Fantasy VII for the first time in over 20 years and the first time on PC, I've tried many times in the last 2 decades but never quite got there again. But I know this much it was the recent release of 7th Heaven 2.0, that encouraged me to try again. So I just wanted to say a massive thanks to:

Acknowledgements
Created By
unab0mb, Rodriada
TrueOdin, TurBoss

Assisted By
LordUrQuan, Chrysalis
Martin Barker, Strife98

Special Thanks
Aali, Iros
Ficedula, EQ2Alyza
And to all of the beta testers that helped make 7H 2.0 even better!

Trailer and Tutorial Videos
Creation - Tsunamix
Trailer Voice - James Garris

Thanks Corpse.

P.S

PS4 Remake arrived today, done things in the wrong order though; PS4 will arrive on thursday.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2020-04-28 18:59:45 »
PS4 Remake arrived today, done things in the wrong order though; PS4 will arrive on thursday.
Hah... that's a lot like how my dad dropped the bomb that we were getting a new computer for Christmas while I was in school.... a copy of "Mike Ditka's Ultimate Football" was under the tree that year.  My younger brother was like "Cool, football game!!" and I'm like "There's no way our 8088 clone can handle this."  Sure enough, I look at the min req's on the side sticker and 486-33 w/VGA is listed.  The Gateway came about three days later :)

corpse

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2020-04-28 19:17:00 »
Same sort sort thing happed to us when we got our first PC, it was an acer across; Pentium 1, 16mb ram & 100 meg drive; Came with Tomb raider and F1 racing I think.  This was to replace the zx spectrum and paper boy