Final Fantasy 7 > Support

What's up with the Sound?!

(1/5) > >>

Kaldarasha:
Everybody might have noticed, that the sound system of FF7PC is worse then in FF7PSX.
The stereo sound in battle is wrong placed sometimes (Barret shoot right and the sound came out of the left speaker, because the enemy is left). The High minigame (Motorbike minigame) has problems to play every sound (slash->hit->enemy fall down, but often with no sound). Then some scenes have background sound, which disappear if another sound is played (take the alarm sound in the mako reactor after setting the bomb, it is disabled after a fight, because of the battle swirl sound.)
Well, actually I want set some immersive background sound to some scenes like the motor noises from the ship to the machine room in the Highwind. I found a channel which isn't cancelled through another sound, but if another sound is played (moving the menu cursor for example)1 it volumes down (from 100%-->60%?) and then it slowly volumes up.
And the last thing is the another problem I have noticed: after a sound is called, it is stored to the channel. So it plays on other fields too, if I do not disable it. Ok, I thought, if it's there already then I could use it less noisy, so you got even more the feeling to be in a flying working airship. It works, but after a while it ramps up, so that it is same loud as if you would stand in the machine room.

1 The funny thing is, if I reduce the effect volume, the volume down effect is reduced, too.

I don't know if this problem was there from begin with or not. Because I have played FF7PC only on win7, which does not support directsound and I don't know if the rerelease has these issues, too. But, isn't there a way to make it work with OpenAL? Maybe there is a way to fix the sound issue with it. :|

Template:
Are these sound issues coming up while using ff7music? Have you been doing tests using MIDI instead? Have you looked at the huge_pats timidity++ release?

I am wondering if they fixed some sound effects issues with the new release. Things seem clearer in this area, maybe in conjunction with GameConverter.8 setup. Also, using the MIDI instead of ff7music maybe has a soothing effect on the game's SFX engine. Maybe not, just wondering. This is all speculation and not intended to be opinion-fact.

Kompass63:

--- Quote from: Template on 2013-07-22 11:46:31 ---Are these sound issues coming up while using ff7music? Have you been doing tests using MIDI instead? Have you looked at the huge_pats timidity++ release?

--- End quote ---
Very good questions :-D (You will always be better template)

I also have another question.
Have you installed any new soundFX with bootleg (or manually)?

Kaldarasha:
I speaking about the sound not the music, but I haven't tried yet to disable the ff7music plugin in Aali's driver (was on my to do list, but I have forgot about it). I use some new sounds, but these are not the problem. It's mechanic to play them which do not work correctly. It was the first thing I noticed (actually the second, the first thing was these 'black holes' around my characters) when I played the game on PC.

Kompass63:

--- Quote from: Kaldarasha on 2013-07-22 13:32:57 ---I speaking about the sound not the music, but I haven't tried yet to disable the ff7music plugin in Aali's driver (was on my to do list, but I have forgot about it).
--- End quote ---
You should also rename the folders "FF7Music" and "Ficedula".

--- Quote from: Kaldarasha on 2013-07-22 13:32:57 ---I use some new sounds, but these are not the problem. It's mechanic to play them which do not work correctly.
--- End quote ---
Sorry, I don't understand...  ???

It was the first thing I noticed (actually the second, the first thing was these 'black holes' around my characters) when I played the game on PC.
[/quote]
Possibly a problem with the "transparent" color ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version