Final Fantasy 7 > Releases

[FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)

<< < (2271/2356) > >>

BiOMEGA:

--- Quote from: SteynerX on 2022-07-06 13:18:00 ---Hi! I really love and enjoy this mod, it's awesome and a game changing, but I'm asking myself something: Why Cloud has poor stats in comparison with Tifa and Barret? Not to mention that he's very slow in comparison with the others. I'm at Shinra building and so far the only thing Cloud's better at than the rest is with the magic.

--- End quote ---
Characters have different innate stat growths. Cloud is a hybrid - he has high STR and high MAG, so he can do both attacking and casting well. Barret is about STR and VIT. Tifa also has high STR, both lower MAG and HP. And so on.

But that's not that important, because this mod has a dedicated stat system that allows you to grow stats the way YOU want. You unlock the upgrades gradually, at four specific points during the story - don't worry, the game will tell you. Then you can customize your stats and make characters into whatever you want them to be.

wdx:

--- Quote from: BiOMEGA on 2022-07-06 13:39:45 ---Characters have different innate stat growths.

this mod has a dedicated stat system that allows you to grow stats the way YOU want.
"you can customize your stats and make characters into whatever you want them to be."

--- End quote ---

i'll add to that that both equipment and indeed materia can have a huge effect on stats.
if your finding cloud is a little slow, perhaps give him some DEX boosting. depends on the way that you set up a character on what they're stats are.
most yellow materia gives +12dex is a good example whilst some other materia can reduce dex.  same regards other all other stats  some materia boost some whilst others can have a negative effect on others. 

SteynerX:
Ok thank you guys :)

ovo:
Hey Sega Chief,

I didn't played the mod in a while so I don't know if you already have done something with Cait Sith limits breaks.

But I realized today that Cait Sith actual has 7 completely unique Limit breaks attacks in his slot combinations. And I thought it actually would be really cool to have those as actual limit breaks which you can learn and use like you do for all other characters.

If not for the New thread mod then maybe as a single Caith Sith mod.

Triple Crown = Toy Soldiers - Deals 5 times normal damage to all enemies.

Triple Heart = Lucky Girl - Makes all attacks of the party to auto crit.

Triple Star = Mog Dance - Restores all HP and MP the party.

Triple Bar = Summon - Will summon a random picked summon. (Could also be one that you don't have)

Triple Moogle = Transform - Allies disappear and Cait grows based on their stats.

Triple Face = Game Over

The seventh is called Jokers Death and kills the whole party. You could leave it as the seventh limit break as a joke. But you could also keep the animation but change the effect into something different like something from Aerith.

Like filling up the limits of the other party members.

Most of this limits are pretty strong. So if you are worried about the balancing, it would be cool have it at least as single Cait Sith mod to make him more useful and fun.

Sega Chief:

--- Quote from: ovo on 2022-07-13 16:49:35 ---Hey Sega Chief,

I didn't played the mod in a while so I don't know if you already have done something with Cait Sith limits breaks.

But I realized today that Cait Sith actual has 7 completely unique Limit breaks attacks in his slot combinations. And I thought it actually would be really cool to have those as actual limit breaks which you can learn and use like you do for all other characters.

If not for the New thread mod then maybe as a single Caith Sith mod.

Triple Crown = Toy Soldiers - Deals 5 times normal damage to all enemies.

Triple Heart = Lucky Girl - Makes all attacks of the party to auto crit.

Triple Star = Mog Dance - Restores all HP and MP the party.

Triple Bar = Summon - Will summon a random picked summon. (Could also be one that you don't have)

Triple Moogle = Transform - Allies disappear and Cait grows based on their stats.

Triple Face = Game Over

The seventh is called Jokers Death and kills the whole party. You could leave it as the seventh limit break as a joke. But you could also keep the animation but change the effect into something different like something from Aerith.

Like filling up the limits of the other party members.

Most of this limits are pretty strong. So if you are worried about the balancing, it would be cool have it at least as single Cait Sith mod to make him more useful and fun.

--- End quote ---

So I tried to do this a ways back, but the problem is that Limit Level 2 and onwards are hard-coded to bring up the reels when used, even if Slots isn't the Limit Break being executed; this causes some issues. For that reason, I settled on adding 1 extra Limit Break instead to Limit Level 1: Transform. I think a 3rd could be added to Limit Level 1 as each Limit Level actually has 3 slots for Limit Breaks, but the remaining options were a bit too strong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version