Miscellaneous Forums > Archive

Installer Glitch for Reunion, Anxious Heart, and Roses & Wine

(1/4) > >>

Hileict:
Hi folks,

So.. I've run into a bit of a weird issue with all three of the installers, the initial installer screen opens fine, with Next and Cancel visible, but this is what it looks like when Next is clicked (Only Back and Cancel/Exit can be selected, by mouse OR tabbing with keyboard).. Even when I've scrolled right down the agreement text.

http://i.imgur.com/kGj6btM.png
http://i.imgur.com/9iJfPPN.png
http://i.imgur.com/JM6gkkH.png

EDIT: Just as a sidenote.. Is there any major reason why FFVII's Steam version requires such a major "downgrade" to the 1998 version just to add mods.. While the Steam version of FFVIII is so incredibly simple, and without having to change the original game's files? This isn't meant to sound harsh or rude, but a bit of constructive criticism of FFVII's modding system (7th Heaven) compared to FFVIII's (Tonberry). Tonberry is fantastic and only uses texture files and hashmaps..

DLPB_:
This doesn't happen [does it?  It really shouldn't] with latest Reunion (both latest R03 and R04c) and is a known issue.  If you can, I'd set screen resolution to minimum 800 * 600.

FatedCourage:

--- Quote from: Hileict on 2016-03-06 12:50:23 ---EDIT: Just as a sidenote.. Is there any major reason why FFVII's Steam version requires such a major "downgrade" to the 1998 version just to add mods.. While the Steam version of FFVIII is so incredibly simple, and without having to change the original game's files? This isn't meant to sound harsh or rude, but a bit of constructive criticism of FFVII's modding system (7th Heaven) compared to FFVIII's (Tonberry). Tonberry is fantastic and only uses texture files and hashmaps..

--- End quote ---

While Tonberry could potentially work for FF7 Steam if ever optimized for it, it can only replace textures. And one thing that FF7 does differently from FF8 is that certain aspects of the game uses polygons. So while you can replace things like backgrounds, icons, text, and battle effects... You wouldn't be able to do anything with character models and the like. Well... Except their eyes. :P I should know, considering I've played through the entire game with Tonberry debug on to extract everything I could.

Hileict:
Hm.. I tried the 800 * 600 resolution, it lets me see "a little" more of the prompt buttons, but at least with Anxious Heart (which is what I tried for this), scrolling through the agreement text still won't "activate" the Next button.. Not entirely sure why..

As for the polygon thing for FFVII.. That's a shame.. D: I know FFVIII's character textures can be altered without changing the actual game and mounting new ISOs and altering the Steam files.. I'd just rather not modify those files from where they are. (Though to be fair.. I also have the PS4 version.. Which I seem to be considering my "primary" save/playthrough..) That said, from what I've seen of character model mods for FFVII, only the field ones seem to be a full set (either FFVIII style tall, or the chibi original look).. While the battle character models are.. Not full sets, they end up looking rather jarring by how different they all look. There doesn't seem to be a standard "one style for every in-battle character model".. So most of them end up looking so very out of place within the base game.. :/ I'm a fan of consistency, y'know?

DLPB_:
Is this the case with Reunion R04?  It shouldn't be.

If so, set your dpi settings differently.  Large dpi settings don't work well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version