Final Fantasy 8 > Releases

[FF8PC-Steam] HD FMV Replacement

<< < (2/8) > >>

DLPB_:
It's not really HD - not when it's just been upscaled (even if enhanced) from the original PC 640 * 448.  Sorry, but it's one of my pet hates when something is labelled HD solely on the resolution number.

Saying that, these do look nicer - albeit there is a plastic look to them that you often get when trying to enhance / remove noise from a low resolution video.

greator:
I've downloaded both replacement FMV pack from LeonhartGR's and Kayael's.
From my point of view even with LeonhartGR's 1080p upscale, I think the original steam version videos is much better. They are more sharper.

Probably because they took the source from the old PC version, not the steam version. Maybe.

DLPB_:
Oh, yeah, you definitely need to be taking the source from the old version - as that's what the Steam version has v likely used.  Using Steam version is a double loss.

zwuw:
It is possible to convert these videos to 30fps and it solves many of the problems caused by lousy compression and framerate change on the original videos. Unfortunately that conversion causes in some videos heavy ghosting and artifacts which seem unavoidable no matter which programs, plugins or settings I use. There are some videos in which that conversion is done with less visible artifacts and gives a better visual experience like this one:

30fps
http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/IRvtGPWs/file.html
Steam Version
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/uas4ftKd/file.html

I wrote HD not because I want higher resolution videos, steam and other people already done that, it's because I want higher definition videos. All the upscaled projects, including steam, have a lot of detail loss, it's possible to do a better upscaling, clean most of the mess of the original videos and keep most of the detail, it just needs a lot of work and time. More feedback would also be great.

Kaldarasha:
What program did you use to increase the FPS? I would like to test it with FF7. But keep in mind the script is designed for FMVs with 15FPS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version