Author Topic: Failed to Automount  (Read 2952 times)

Imafishyo

• View Profile
Failed to Automount
« on: 2020-04-24 21:20:35 »
Hi! First time poster. I'm trying to get my friend into FF7 mods, and hes having trouble with it. I had him copy them for me to post here. I looked and googled, and didn't see anything. I hope its not a repost. He has windows 10. Thank you!!!!

### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\FF7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Verifying game is not installed in a System/Protected folder ...
Verifying gam
Looking for game disc ...
Failed to find game disc ...
Auto mounting virtual game disc ...
Failed to auto mount virtual disc at C:\7th Heaven\Resources\FF7DISC1.ISO ...
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: Failed to Automount
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-25 01:40:31 »
He has windows 10.

Probably not.

The auto-mount feature only works on Windows 8 and above. TBH there's a lot of folks out there that have no idea what Windows is, let alone what version they're running. If you've 100% seen with your own eyes he is running Windows 10, then something is probably broken with PowerShell, as that is what 7th Heaven is executing in the background to mount the disc.

See this page for how to do it manually with PowerShell: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/storage/mount-diskimage?view=win10-ps. Altering the example a little bit for his ISO path, he would type:

Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath "C:\7th Heaven\Resources\FF7DISC1.ISO"

Note any errors that may occur then research that problem to find a possible solution. Of course, that's not the only way this can be done. If truly on Windows 8 or above, you should just be able to double-click on the ISO (found in folder shown above) to mount it manually. If that still isn't working, something is hosed with his ISO support in Windows. Your last resort options are to rename a disk or USB stick to "FF7DISC1" or to download a 3rd party tool (there's a couple free ones out there) that you can use to mount the ISO file instead.

Imafishyo

• View Profile
Re: Failed to Automount
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-25 08:49:05 »
Thank you! Yeah he definitely has windows 10. I had him stream the installation process to try to see what was happening. I will def try those ideas. Thank you so much for you time.