Final Fantasy 7 > Releases

[FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)

<< < (2/395) > >>

ARMs:
Trust me on this I have done all this already that your talking about and well....   Adding status ailments are good an all but ribbon negates nearly everything.   And even if you have put stat ailments if the damage is not high enough it just doesn't matter cause most status ailments can be easily nulled.

gjoerulv:
Of course! As i said: You have to consider what is available at all times in the game. In the beginning you don't have anything to prevent any status alignment. In the end you probably have everything there is, thus the monsters must be based on that. You could make things available early on (like Guard scorpion dropping a ribbon), and "calculate" the difficulties based on that, but imo it's better to just use the original pattern the game has. it would be too tedious to make a new system like that, and I don't have the time.

What i plan to do however is to make several items (Grenades, Mute mask etch) available more instead of potions all the time. Something I've done already is to add 'Ink' and 'Dream Powder' as a drop from Marines (one example I remember now. There was more but I kept my notes at home).

One thing I also want to do is to lower the strength of KOTR and change the effect of Ribbon. Lets say Ribbon prevents Poison/Silence/Blind or anything but all effects. That would be an effective way of increasing the difficulty. Still u can just use Added Effect+Hades. Though this also removes the uselessness of many items.

An additional thing I want to add is more MP based damge, so you generally have depend on more items for healing. Thus spending more money. This includes removing the laughable sell rate of the Master All materia. 

And may I add that when all characters have reached lvl 99 you should have a certain control over the game. The only thing left to do at this point is to beat the game, so IMO the hardest part must be the final showdown.

ARMs:
Yeah I'm trying to find out where the data for selling materia is at.   I can't seem to lower the ammount for a mastered materia.  The game has it set at 70x the price at the Shops.   Thats rediculously high.

gjoerulv:

--- Quote from: ARMs on 2007-06-23 11:20:49 ---Yeah I'm trying to find out where the data for selling materia is at.   I can't seem to lower the ammount for a mastered materia.  The game has it set at 70x the price at the Shops.   Thats rediculously high.
--- End quote ---

Yeah! Didn't find it either. It should be in the Kernel somewhere, but WHERE? Oh and btw ARMs you have a copy of your Scene. Would like to try it. Though I can't before I get home again (ca 2-3 weeks). But I could keep it on my HD 'til that.

I'm still waiting for a tip to get the final bosses (all of 'em) harder. All I did was raising their stats. I bet I'll find out something when i get home but doesn't hurt to get some experienced tip lol.

ARMs:
well sorry but i'm not gonna distribute my scene files anymore.   If someone else here or somewhere has it and is willing to share it with you thats fine by me.   I done some more editing since then but its still close to what I had before.

If you want to see some sweet mods you should check out youtube.  Theirs some great stuff out there that's not listed as any patch here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version