Final Fantasy 7 > Releases

[FF7PC] 'Always Run' patch (2009-08-02)

(1/5) > >>

obesebear:
I recently stumbled across this thread from 2007 and thought some others around here might be interested in it as well.

I haven't tested it to see what all it is compatible with.  And I don't have any idea what he means about Aerith not catching Cloud.  But I for one always found it annoying to hold 'X' for the ENTIRE game

EDIT
Just to ensure compatibility with Aali's driver, use this link http://kruci.wz.cz/DefaultRun.rar.  This is the same patch designed by kruci, but set up for use with YAMP

Senti:
It would be nice to change it to always run and hold cancel to walk for a change, would make it more like so many other games out there today (since you only walk during certain points). It does make it easier on the hands, especially for someone who's getting arthritis from being on a computer too damned much. Sometimes I hate my work heh.

JordieBo:

--- Quote from: Senti on 2009-08-02 17:44:59 ---It would be nice to change it to always run and hold cancel to walk for a change, would make it more like so many other games out there today (since you only walk during certain points). It does make it easier on the hands, especially for someone who's getting arthritis from being on a computer too damned much. Sometimes I hate my work heh.

--- End quote ---

Ugh!! I was just about to say that -_-
Aaanyway, so I take it this patch doesn't actually allow you to walk at all? I'm sure a patch like this wouldn't be difficult to make/edit. Only problems I would see would be random bugs you may encounter, such as running in cutscenes or something.

Covarr:
I will not be using any EXE patches unless Aali adds support for it to his driver. For now, I'll stick to my clean EXE.

obesebear:

--- Quote from: Covarr on 2009-08-02 17:58:42 ---I will not be using any EXE patches unless Aali adds support for it to his driver. For now, I'll stick to my clean EXE.

--- End quote ---
Actually you may want to check this out --> http://kruci.wz.cz/DefaultRun.rar
Dziugo turned it into a YAMP patch which does work with Aali's driver.

I just finished testing from the beginning to the first save point and everything is working PERFECTLY.  Even the cutscene where Cloud looks up at Shinra Tower he runs at the correct/normal speed.

If anyone is already using YAMP, there really is no reason not to use this patch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version