Poll

Which character would you like to have as a playable character the most?

Heidegger
5 (6.8%)
Tseng
22 (29.7%)
Turk Vincent
25 (33.8%)
Scarlet
13 (17.6%)
President Shinra
9 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Play as the Shinra Project.  (Read 57497 times)

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
Re: Final Fantasy VII Play as the Shinra Project.
« Reply #75 on: 2017-06-11 18:11:36 »
I'm getting started on this, but want to make sure you are happy with these. I'm going to do

Dyne as Barret
Rufus as Cloud
Elena as Tifa
Dark Nation as Red XIII
Palmer as Cid
Reno as Yuffie
Rude as Cait Sith
Seph as Vincent

Including your Scarlet as Aeris that is a full set and cuts out Hojo, Tseng and Jenova. The only way to include more than the nine would be to do party swapping using 7H's variable swapping mechanic. In my personal mod I have 27 playable characters, 5 playable guest characters and 9 limit transformations, so having more characters is just a matter of flevel scripting and 7H modding. Regardless of that I'm going to move forward with the above list. If you have any changes just let me know. 

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #76 on: 2017-06-11 19:12:55 »
Just putting my 2 cents here but would Rude not make a better Tifa?

EDIT: Wait never mind, animations are changed too so it's fine.
         Dyne i don't think should be here though, he doesn't fit in.
         He hates Shinra, he wouldn't work with them.
         If animations don't matter because of switching Reno and Rude should be
         Barret and Tifa as they are your starting gang.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-11 19:15:46 by Tsunamix »

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2017-06-12 08:52:46 »
I'm getting started on this, but want to make sure you are happy with these. I'm going to do

Dyne as Barret
Rufus as Cloud
Elena as Tifa
Dark Nation as Red XIII
Palmer as Cid
Reno as Yuffie
Rude as Cait Sith
Seph as Vincent

Including your Scarlet as Aeris that is a full set and cuts out Hojo, Tseng and Jenova. The only way to include more than the nine would be to do party swapping using 7H's variable swapping mechanic. In my personal mod I have 27 playable characters, 5 playable guest characters and 9 limit transformations, so having more characters is just a matter of flevel scripting and 7H modding. Regardless of that I'm going to move forward with the above list. If you have any changes just let me know. 

Hello, sorry for not being active for a day or so - i gladly switch out Rude for Hojo though. Palmer would probably work better as replacement for Cait Sith (fat and all that).

So basically Palmer - caith Sith.

Hojo - Cid

That i think would fit better as Hojo is a scientist and maybe a "rocket scientist". :P

I gladly have the animation files for the others though - especially that Jemnezmy unit.

But otherwise i think those will do =).

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2017-06-12 09:00:53 »

You are quite right if it was only about the Shinra/Turks - but i make some exceptions for bad-ass enemies like Sephiroth and Dyne.

Sephiroth shouldn't be a Shinra-character neither -  at least not in this timeline. Plus their stories are swaped with Clouds and team. I am not gonna create a new story and change all the text in the game. Therefore Dyne is basically Barret and Barret will be Dyne who hates the Shinra. The Shinra will basically be Avalance.

Truth be told i mostly want Dyne because i always wanted to play as Dyne. I think the Corel Prison part of the game is one of the best - and the music there always was good to my ears. Dyne's character was always sad but in a understandable way. Victim turned terrorist against the evil Shinra.

Yes, he won't fit in the company of the others based on his original story - but as Barret will be Dyne in the story i think it's fine. The mod is not about the story of these characters - it's about playing as them instead of Cloud etc.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #79 on: 2017-06-12 13:56:33 »
Well one day when you ot this all worked out i could very well help you advance this to make an actual new story. It's something i've wanted to do for some time now.

The 1 thing that i know of that cannot be changed are limits. So in that case if Hojo is going to be in the party then make him vincent. His limit to transform suits Hojo perfectly

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #80 on: 2017-06-12 21:23:41 »
The 1 thing that i know of that cannot be changed are limits. So in that case if Hojo is going to be in the party then make him vincent. His limit to transform suits Hojo perfectly

That is incorrect all the limits can be reassigned and changed. It is all controlled by the ab files and kernel(and the exe on pc). You could have up to 6 party members that each have a transform(7 if you eliminate the vincent character slot). In my Shinra mod Hojo does transform into heletic, and if you watch Jeets vids you will see Seph transform into safer and bizarro.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-12 22:16:18 by Grimmy »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #81 on: 2017-06-12 22:15:31 »
Really? We can edit limits that way? Someones gotta teach me this stuff.
I do see that characters can actually have 3 limits too. Can we utilize this?

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2017-06-13 19:31:45 »
Well one day when you ot this all worked out i could very well help you advance this to make an actual new story. It's something i've wanted to do for some time now.

Could be interesting but i don' think i will have the amount of free time.. :/

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2017-06-16 12:29:12 »
That is incorrect all the limits can be reassigned and changed. It is all controlled by the ab files and kernel(and the exe on pc). You could have up to 6 party members that each have a transform(7 if you eliminate the vincent character slot). In my Shinra mod Hojo does transform into heletic, and if you watch Jeets vids you will see Seph transform into safer and bizarro.

I'll be waiting for you to finish those animation files before continuing with this mod. Just post here and i'll be sure to see it when  it's done and i'll take over from there.

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #84 on: 2017-06-23 01:50:26 »
Go ahead and check your PM. I just sent them to you.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2017-06-24 08:54:42 »
Go ahead and check your PM. I just sent them to you.

Yep, did awhile ago - great job!  ;D

Gonna add everything soon and test them out in game.

Then of course i will need to do the field-models etc for each character after that.

Also, i will upload each character as a separate overhaul package first - but in the end i plan on releasing a Shinra Mod at moddb.

Is it hard to create an installer when i have the mod ready on my end? I am using the Bootleg-configuration and it's too big for uploading. So i am just wondering how that would be done. Like an installer installing everything so people won't have to download individual files. It would be a complete mod just like that Turks-mod but better.

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #86 on: 2017-06-24 22:06:40 »
The best way is to make it as a 7thHeaven iro. They are easy to share and don't require any installation of any files other than the iro. Then players can easily use the mod or not by a simple click without needing to reinstall older files or mods.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2017-09-28 14:50:17 »
A user named JSN2001 (Jalen) wrote to me on moddb, unfortunately i can't answer on moddb PM:s on the internet i am currently using as the "send message" never works and nothing happens when clicking to send the reply.

He wrote:

"Hello, world's biggest Rufus fan here. I was just wondering if you plan to finish the Shinra mod you mentioned on Qhimm. I love that you made Rufus and Dark Nation,

but do you plan to complete the other characters?

Thanks in advance!

~Jalen"

I wrote:

"Hello, glad to hear that - i used to love Sephiroth, Rufus and Dyne!

I probably wanted to be Sephiroth as a teenager, Rufus was just so cool and stylish and Dyne had the best backstory. I always loved the good guy turned bad story that he had.

As for Scarlet she was sexy so i wanted her playable.

- To answer your question, well Dark Nation isn't available yet even though he is in the video - i still have to create the RED XIII battle model when fighting it and Rufus-Cloud.

I have finished Rufus and Scarlet only, and Scarlet's battlemodel i actually made from scratch using the field model parts - while Rufus didn't require as much work because he already had a battlemodel. Not to mention the walking and running animations and victory pose of Scarlet took alot of time to do.

I will probably finish the mod at some point, but i need to be at my older computer and i don't have access to it currently - plus there is the issue of Sephiroth and Dyne having the wrong animations when standing, walking and running in the field, and i want them to look good so that needs to be fixed as well. It will probably take alot of time to finish their animations unless i can find a simple way to just switch animations without doing it manually frame by frame. Like if i could just swap the names of the animations in question - that could be possible for the field models.

I guess because of their issues i will do others first, most likely i will do Tifa/Elena, Yuffie/Reno, Cid/Palmer and Caith Sith/Rude - plus additional Tseng/Hojo alternatives before attempting the two that require new animations.

Vincent will be Sephiroth and Barret will obviously be Dyne.
I am not sure exactly when i will be done, but the battlemodels are ready for the Shinra characters so it's just a matter of replacing their old NPC-models with heroes and adding all their field models for different versions of the characters."
« Last Edit: 2017-09-28 14:59:56 by mr_nygren »

jsn2001

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2017-10-01 00:47:29 »
A user named JSN2001 (Jalen) wrote to me on moddb, unfortunately i can't answer on moddb PM:s on the internet i am currently using as the "send message" never works and nothing happens when clicking to send the reply.

She wrote:

"Hello, world's biggest Rufus fan here. I was just wondering if you plan to finish the Shinra mod you mentioned on Qhimm. I love that you made Rufus and Dark Nation,

but do you plan to complete the other characters?

Thanks in advance!

~Jalen"

I wrote:

"Hello, glad to hear that - i used to love Sephiroth, Rufus and Dyne!

I probably wanted to be Sephiroth as a teenager, Rufus was just so cool and stylish and Dyne had the best backstory. I always loved the good guy turned bad story that he had.

As for Scarlet she was sexy so i wanted her playable.

- To answer your question, well Dark Nation isn't available yet even though he is in the video - i still have to create the RED XIII battle model when fighting it and Rufus-Cloud.

I have finished Rufus and Scarlet only, and Scarlet's battlemodel i actually made from scratch using the field model parts - while Rufus didn't require as much work because he already had a battlemodel. Not to mention the walking and running animations and victory pose of Scarlet took alot of time to do.

I will probably finish the mod at some point, but i need to be at my older computer and i don't have access to it currently - plus there is the issue of Sephiroth and Dyne having the wrong animations when standing, walking and running in the field, and i want them to look good so that needs to be fixed as well. It will probably take alot of time to finish their animations unless i can find a simple way to just switch animations without doing it manually frame by frame. Like if i could just swap the names of the animations in question - that could be possible for the field models.

I guess because of their issues i will do others first, most likely i will do Tifa/Elena, Yuffie/Reno, Cid/Palmer and Caith Sith/Rude - plus additional Tseng/Hojo alternatives before attempting the two that require new animations.

Vincent will be Sephiroth and Barret will obviously be Dyne.
I am not sure exactly when i will be done, but the battlemodels are ready for the Shinra characters so it's just a matter of replacing their old NPC-models with heroes and adding all their field models for different versions of the characters."

Well, this is crazy, I actually just made a Qhimm account, I didn't even notice that you'd replied here!

I completely understand, thank you for getting back to me! I did want to ask you something, though.

I'm trying to learn more about modding this game, and I've been trying to replace Cloud with Rufus just like you did (your mod is great, I just want to get some practice with model-swapping).

I think I've done most things right, but whenever I get into a battle, Rufus' model starts glitching all over the place as if the game doesn't know where to put him. Do you know what I've done wrong, or how to fix it at all?

Thanks again, for replying and for reading this!!

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2017-10-03 21:40:20 »
Well, this is crazy, I actually just made a Qhimm account, I didn't even notice that you'd replied here!

I completely understand, thank you for getting back to me! I did want to ask you something, though.

I'm trying to learn more about modding this game, and I've been trying to replace Cloud with Rufus just like you did (your mod is great, I just want to get some practice with model-swapping).

I think I've done most things right, but whenever I get into a battle, Rufus' model starts glitching all over the place as if the game doesn't know where to put him. Do you know what I've done wrong, or how to fix it at all?

Thanks again, for replying and for reading this!!

The battle-model of Rufus was already made compatible with the NPC-animations by Grimmy. So it's the NPC battlemodel but in use as a playable character - Grimmy knows more about how he did manage that, and it has more to do with coding than the actual model i believe.

With Scarlet i had to create a battle-model of Scarlet using her fieldmodel-parts - and doing this i also had to swap the Aerith model with these Scarlet field-model parts. What i can say is that if you are taking a field model and turning it into a battlemodel then it's a lot of small work required in order to get it right. If you on the other hand are using the Rufus battle-model and turning Clouds battle model into Rufus by swaping the parts of the model then i think it's just a matter of copy-pasting the model parts.

Of course by swaping it will still use the Cloud animations and any limit breaks might cause the model to split up into many different parts, because it isn't compatible with those limit break animations.

- The battle-model in my Rufus-mod is the AI NPC model so it already is compatible with NPC Rufus and it's animations - but Grimmy altered some text-files in order to make the model respond to certain commands. Otherwise there would be issues like Rufus doing the wrong move at the wrong command.

Edit: It is also possible to manually change animations of field and battlemodels using Kimera94. But, this is done manually and took me a few days just to manage the victory pose, walking and running animations of Scarlet - i did this frame by frame for many many hours. I believe a six sec animation is many hours of work. So unless you want to do this i believe Grimmy's way of using the NPC battlemodels is the best way to get the correct animations.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-03 21:57:01 by mr_nygren »

jsn2001

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2017-10-03 22:24:36 »
The battle-model of Rufus was already made compatible with the NPC-animations by Grimmy. So it's the NPC battlemodel but in use as a playable character - Grimmy knows more about how he did manage that, and it has more to do with coding than the actual model i believe.

With Scarlet i had to create a battle-model of Scarlet using her fieldmodel-parts - and doing this i also had to swap the Aerith model with these Scarlet field-model parts. What i can say is that if you are taking a field model and turning it into a battlemodel then it's a lot of small work required in order to get it right. If you on the other hand are using the Rufus battle-model and turning Clouds battle model into Rufus by swaping the parts of the model then i think it's just a matter of copy-pasting the model parts.

Of course by swaping it will still use the Cloud animations and any limit breaks might cause the model to split up into many different parts, because it isn't compatible with those limit break animations.

- The battle-model in my Rufus-mod is the AI NPC model so it already is compatible with NPC Rufus and it's animations - but Grimmy altered some text-files in order to make the model respond to certain commands. Otherwise there would be issues like Rufus doing the wrong move at the wrong command.

Edit: It is also possible to manually change animations of field and battlemodels using Kimera94. But, this is done manually and took me a few days just to manage the victory pose, walking and running animations of Scarlet - i did this frame by frame for many many hours. I believe a six sec animation is many hours of work. So unless you want to do this i believe Grimmy's way of using the NPC battlemodels is the best way to get the correct animations.

Thank you for the advice! I've actually figured it out now, and I'm in the process of making a mod!
You were a big help and a big inspiration for me, so thank you so much for that  ;D

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2018-08-16 18:42:04 »
Final Fantasy VII: The Shinra CHARACTER overhaul MOD - updated two weeks ago!

The original Scarlet of the Shinra models have been updated.

Last updated on aug 2 2018 - includes the other two Scarlet alternate versions as well.

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-vii-scarlet-overhaul-mod-v-30/addons/scarlet-mod-v-30-new-scarlet-victory-animation

Then i did update the Rufus Shinra models slightly.

Last updated on July 29 2018.

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-vii-scarlet-overhaul-mod-v-30/addons/rufus-mod-version-10

I've also added the new character Dark Nation (replacing RED XIII/Nanaki).

Last updated on july 30 2018.

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-vii-scarlet-overhaul-mod-v-30/addons/dark-nation-mod-version10

Then i did add a new alternate version of my Scarlet character being a mix between the original PRB-version and Kaldarasha's Scarlet.

Evil Aerith is now Kaldarasha's Aerith battle model also in the field.

Last updated on july 31 2018:

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-vii-scarlet-overhaul-mod-v-30/addons/scarlet-mod-mix-mine-kaldarashas-10

Then i did the complete Kaldarasha Scarlet as a playable character as well.

Last updated on july 31 2018:

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-vii-scarlet-overhaul-mod-v-30/addons/kaldarashas-scarlet-npc-playable-version-10

Then finally i finished the new character of Elena the Turk - replacing Tifa Lockhearth and vice versa in both the field and battle. 12 models changed!

Last updated on aug 2 2018:

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-vii-scarlet-overhaul-mod-v-30/addons/elena-the-turk-overhaul-mod-v-10

And i did update the Elena character overhaul mod today, as the battle model for Elena were glitched and would cause a game-lock whenever using Tifa's Limit Breaks - i re-added Grimmy's Elena from his Shinra mod, which is glitched when doing the limit breaks - but now it doesn't lock itself up.

The Elena he sent me with good looking moveset for limits would cause the game-lock after the move had been done. So the Elena mod is now updated to 1.1 - replacing the Elena he sent me last year with the Elena from his mod that doesn't lock the game during limit breaks.

« Last Edit: 2018-08-16 18:47:10 by mr_nygren »

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2018-08-16 19:39:50 »
Youtube video:

Final Fantasy VII PC: Elena the Turk Mod V 1.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvh7FF-GT0M

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2018-08-23 01:45:41 »

"I've just finished my new FF7 character Dyne, replacing Barret Wallace in the field and in the battle - all models are swaped, nine in total.

Credits to Grimmy for making the NPC battle model compatible with the playable character commands last summer of 2017, and to Kaldarasha for the wonderful Barret model used for NPC Dyne in both the field and the battle - he created the base-model.

I've re-riged the Barret-model created by Kaldarasha for Young-Dyne, Boss-Dyne and Field-Dyne.

Then i've riged the Dyne original FF7 model for Young-Barret, Sailor-Barret, Field-Barret, Parachute-Barret andone of the two included battle models of Barret (one is based on the Barret model and i did rig it). Grimmy hex-edited the original NPC-model which is teh other one.

Then i've finished the Dyne-Avatar and added the limit-breaks and Kernels by Grimmy that he did also finish last summer."

Dyne is Barret's childhood bestfriend, who turned mad after he lost his wife and daughter due thanks to the evil Shinra organisation, not knowing that his daughter Marlene actually survived and were adopted by Barret as his daughter - in the original game he just wants to "destroy everything, including himself" - and he can do this due to his arm which carries a gun just like Barret's.

I always loved his story even before i got into shit myself, and always wanted to play as Dyne - i've replayed the Corel Prison many times both for the story and for the wonderful music playing. In any case, Dyne isn't really a Shinra character - as he hates "The Shinra" - but he is a boss-character with a great story and as such i thought he fit in the mod. Also, he is a better fit storywise than Hojo as he does have a gun-arm just like Barret.

I started with Dyne's battle model (the one based on Barret and not the NPC model) in march of 2016 - but i decided to finish the character during last saturday. I finished three models that evening, but then on sunday instead of finishing the character i were busy on other real-life matters such as being on a dinner with the AfS (Alternative for Sweden, election time in Sweden - i needed to get my own opinion on the party as i dislike a lot of things in my country) leadership. And as such, i got almost nothing done that day - instead i continued work on the character during the tuesday night and finished the character tuesday morning.

Last updated tuesday the 21 2018.

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-vii-scarlet-overhaul-mod-v-30/addons/dyne-overhaul-mod-v-10

Video will probably be recorded at a later date. I really like Dyne's story - and Barret is Dyne now and Dyne will be Barret in the story.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2018-11-20 16:15:47 »
Hello guys, i did update a Dyne video a few days after the latest post. It's available at this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUxRsZWwx2E&t=428s

Also, i've released a new article over at MODDB.com about all my work regarding this project, as i did in-fact release an official demo of the Shinra Overhaul Mod (Play as the Shinra project) where you get to play as Scarlet, Rufus, Dark nation, Elena and Dyne while the NPC's are now Aerith, Cloud, Tifa and Barret.

- I did try to turn Dark Nation in battle into RED XIII but the proportions were off. I gave up the attempt.

It's 0.5 due to still lacking Yuffie/Reno, Cid/Palmer, Vincent/Sephiroth/Tseng and Caith Sith/Rude - with them it will be a 0.9.

1.0 will be when Avalanche and the Shinra has also been swaped, making Heidegger etc Avalanche, and Jessie, Biggs and Wedge main Shinra characters. I would probably use Wedge as President Shinra, Biggs as Reeve and for Jessie maybe Lucretia.

Link to the article:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-vii-scarlet-overhaul-mod-v-30/news/final-fantasy-7-the-shinra-character-overhaul-mod-version-05-released

Link to the download:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-vii-scarlet-overhaul-mod-v-30/downloads/final-fantasy-vii-shinra-character-overhaul-mod-v-05

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #95 on: 2018-11-24 18:11:41 »
lol nice concept :P

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2020-01-31 15:08:25 »
lol nice concept :P

Thanks mate, this project isn't dead but the old computer i used when modding this game is broken at the moment. While i could mod on the new one it's not as easy to do due to using a widescreen. I might continue the project on it though and change the screen to a smaller old-school one. I find them easier to read the text on, and as such i can sit for longer periods of time working on them.

Btw- in the new Final Fantasy VII Remake Trailer they've made Scaret justice. She's absolutely gorgeous!

I do hope that they'll still keep Rufus Shinra's cool look from the original. I wasn't a fan of his Advent Children look due to his clothes looking less cool. Something about his look in the boss-battle with double pants etc that made him look bad-ass.

I'm also still worried that Dyne will be cut but hopefully not.

« Last Edit: 2020-01-31 15:10:19 by mr_nygren »

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2020-07-16 06:11:18 »
I kind of dislike that the mod is placed in the WIP-section. It does have a release (V. 0.5) and it's not certain it will be finished. I believe more people can find it in the "Releases"-section.

I've now also uploaded the FMV-Aerith character that i rigged based on the battle-model made by Kaldarasha from 2013. I rigged it on july 30/31 2018 but never uploaded it - because I had thoughts about finishing more characters first. But I don't know about that. My FF7-modding should have been done back in 2006/2007 and it was only due to the Kimera program not working after a while that I couldn't mod FF7 models back then.

So today I believe FF7 is not as popular as it used to be.. And also I'm 30 years old so I'll need to focus on finding a job and all other real-life issues. My adoptive Father passed away on june 11th this year in an elderly home, as he had been demented in alzheimers for a while. I got rid of what i regard as ten years of discrimination on may 12th. I've had way  too much free time due to my special circumstances the last ten years. But now I need to get back on track so I won't probably have time to mod FF7 in a while.

So I'd regard this mod as "released" even though it could be continued if I feel like it at a later date.

"Battle-model of Aerith MADE BY KALDARASHA over at the Qhimm Forums.

Rigging of the model into a field model, for both the normal field model and the flower model, by Mr_Nygren.

I did do this character when I were in the process of updating my Scarlet character and the Aerith NPC - which is using this model as well.

I did this work on july 30-31 2018, and had thoughts about doing it to the rest of the main characters because I really loved Kaldarasha's models from back then - that look exactly like in the FMV-movies.

I did always want to have the characters look like that in the past. However, Aerith was the only one finished.

Kaldarasha decided for some reason to only do the battle-models like this, while the field-models are cell-shaded and less good looking.

The reason he explained, was that he didn't think they would fit with the lower resolution models - but I respectfully disagree.

I had done a field model out of his Barret-model for the Dyne-npc as well - but I never did normal Barret.

I've also used his Cloud-model to replace battle-model Rufus, but never did the actual Cloud in this style.

Modder NinoStyle has made awesome models based on the art-style of FF7 - that he has painted himself. I like that style even more.

But this FMV-style is still very good and much better than the original models.

Credits:

Kaldarasha for the original battle-models.

Mr_Nygren for the Field versions."

Link to Nexus mods with the new download:

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/8?tab=files

Link to MODDB:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-vii-scarlet-overhaul-mod-v-30/addons/playable-fmv-aerith-field-mod-10
« Last Edit: 2020-07-16 06:12:52 by mr_nygren »

Ezdra

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2023-07-09 07:24:22 »
Mr_Nygren your mod is awesome, keep up the wonderful work! I always thought the shinra guys were just guys in power with Sephiroth having real power and all of the main characters were criminals - Yuffie stealing, Barret terrorizing, Aeris channeling (intellectual crime), Tifa lying, all doing bad choices and rebelling all the time for the sake of rebellion only (remember how the meteorite was falling and they just decided to fight shinra for reason that was neither ecological nor world-saving and lo the meteorite fell).

Anyway, this mod is the best I should say.