Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001409 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Official Black Chocobo Help Thread
« Reply #100 on: 2010-06-03 18:53:31 »
what id like to see implemented (if you don't mind :3) is a way to edit Sephiroth, and or Young Cloud,
eventually when i care about doing so.

and a bug fix for adding the Masamune to your inventory. (it wont let you, had to use Jenova to add in that,
because when you add Sephy to party he has a t-vest as his weapon equipped making him miss every time. xD)
i have fixed this already in my unreleased version. (more progress below)

one more thing i'd like to see (maybe could do this for materia, also?) is add in, a "Add All" Function when it comes to items, so every item in the directory will be added to your inventory (and you can specify how many with the value already set and given)
maybe in the future, this feature is not important to me at all.

having it remember where you last loaded your save, to save you a little bit of time from going folder to folder (especially when testing things, if your creating your own mod and what not) would be lovely as well. :D
maybe in the future, this feature is not important to me at all.

edit:: as for darkfang stat/limit issue i will look in to that and fix it for 1.2

Edit2 :: Progress update.
  • Fixed: Stat and limit bar cutoffs now work as expected
  • Fixed: Item Index #'s now work correctly, as a result item # 128 can be added to your inventory (Masamune)
  • Fixed: Materia in char weapons/armor can now be correctly assigned new ap values.
  • New: A Feature i don't even want to tell you about. till it work right, just know it is gonna be sweet
« Last Edit: 2010-06-03 22:03:44 by sithlord48 »

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2010-06-04 11:48:15 »
Can you maybe give us a hint to the new feature?? I get the feeling I will love it!! ;D

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2010-06-05 03:30:27 »
im guessing enemy skill ???

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2010-06-05 03:32:22 »
I'm guessing i know what it is   :mrgreen:

MrWilly

« Reply #104 on: 2010-06-05 16:18:51 »
So I was totally going to be all "Hey, I figured out how the Enemy Skill data is stored, and I'm going to bang out some code to modify it for you", and then I read through the thread and realized that you've probably already got a handle on all that.

Awesome editor, man.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2010-06-05 16:27:16 »
Black Chocobo already handles enemy skills. Just click on the enemy skill materia and then you can change them.

MrWilly

« Reply #106 on: 2010-06-05 17:08:20 »
I see, now.  I'd been trying to do it in the character's equipped materia rather than the item list.  My bad.

IEATEDTHECOOKIE

« Reply #107 on: 2010-06-06 21:38:04 »
very nice. I don't think i know what i'm doing tho. i took a USB flash drive and plugged it into my ps3, copied my save file, then opened it with black chocobo(.PSV format), but i cant seem to save it in the format .PSV? LOL AFRO :mrgreen:

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #108 on: 2010-06-06 21:49:32 »
The .PSV format, as you would have read if you'd been looking for a solution to your problem, is protected by complex security measures (a checksum, I believe) and the format hasn't been cracked as yet. If you want, you can actually try searching for a workaround, one or two have been posted here.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-07 06:41:08 by NCS »

IEATEDTHECOOKIE

« Reply #109 on: 2010-06-07 04:02:30 »
could you hook me up with a link?

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2010-06-07 05:32:14 »
could you hook me up with a link?
Hey is this what you're looking for??
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9747.25;topicseen
They're talking about those checksum stuff and the ps3 so it may be close to what you're looking for. :)

IEATEDTHECOOKIE

« Reply #111 on: 2010-06-07 15:01:51 »

Hey is this what you're looking for??
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9747.25;topicseen
They're talking about those checksum stuff and the ps3 so it may be close to what you're looking for. :)
thank you kindly, i shall check it out now

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #112 on: 2010-06-07 15:24:31 »

edit:: bump>>> really no one has anything to say about 1.2 ???

i will be making a user guide, so if you have ne things you want to see in there. or maybe you want to make a user guide , only text maybe some pics, have questions for me to put in an faq? then post them :P
« Last Edit: 2010-06-08 23:53:03 by sithlord48 »

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
I have been having hours of fun on expert mode. When I get to the shinra building I get all the keycards up to when you get keycard 66 from the special boss fight.

Since I sucked, I wanted to give the party 5 extra fire fangs to help me. Well I did so in black chocobo, and upon loading on floor 64, it acts as if I have never gotten any keycards even though inventory says otherwise.

So I change my save position multiple times, not help.
Then I move to debug room, and warp to right when you get to shinra building(with keycards removed via black chocobo)

The battles at the elevator and entrance were back, and it gave me the 60th card when it should, but on the next floor where you sneak guards fill the room you need to go in and the door is locked.

I have spent hours searching for a save game that is right before the shinra building that I can edit to my current stats so I can continue playing, but all my hours of effort have led me no where. Please, if anyone can help me, please do so.
All I need is a save somewhere not too far before shinra building, or a way to recover my save...
Thanks

nikfrozty

• View Profile
Wrong thread man. Sorry just helping to clean the forums. *delete this post if read*

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Sorry bud your screwed. Once that in game trigger is off there is no way to reset it other then going back to a previous save.
Next time backup your save files before messing with them. Might save ya some tears.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
No one has a save close to this? My closest save is at the Beginners Hall, thats a LONG way back...

nikfrozty

• View Profile
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8880.0
There's a complete save game compilation there(as far as I know).

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
Re: [HELP] Official Black Chocobo Help Thread
« Reply #118 on: 2010-06-12 19:01:44 »
I searched everywhere for that to no avail. Thanks NikFozty!

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2010-06-12 19:05:13 »
Welcome.. And I should say its not a fix its just a save file so hopefully sithlord48 will come around to it and check what caused your problem.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2010-06-12 19:38:49 »
Hell get it, Im just gonna use the bottom of shinra building save and copy my levels/ stats from my old save to my this new one, may take a second, but it will work :)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Black Chocobo: News Section
« Reply #121 on: 2010-06-14 23:53:08 »
    Black Chocobo News Goes Here!
7/22/10
  • raised input cap for battles, runs and kills to 65535
will prolly release 1.3 this weekend......
[/list]

7/11/10
  • New Materia Tab, Has Some Gui Changes done Finished!
  • Added Date Scene Replay Option.

6/27/10
The Subversion page has been busy, both Vegeta_Ss4 and I are working on a few things.among them are.
  • New: Materia Tab that is aware of you materia's levels and skills With A Cleaner Inferface. (for 1.3)Watch Demo Video(link removed)
  • New: save/load that will be much less code and prevent future bugs similar to version 1.2. phase 1 finished (this will come in 1.4 or 1.5)
  • New: Improved Item tab (have not started this yet, 1.3)
  • New: World map save location soon. (for 1.4 most likley)
6/14/10
Its been a little bit since i have done any updating here for black chocobo.
i have been setting up a sourceforge page for black chocobo.
the new page is http://blackchocobo.sourceforge.net ,thanks to  Vegeta_Ss4 for setting up the web page parts :)
there is also svn for sourcecode checkout, that way vegeta_ss4 and i can work together on this project (wanna hack w/ us? let me know) that being said try to check the sourceforge page for more updated info, to post bugs, etc.

progress updates
  • fixed:bug reported by jaffdamann, that would under some cases would force you to add materia to item slots when editing.
  • fixed:bug in char id switch when vincent or cait sith are cloud/sephiroth
« Last Edit: 2012-04-12 13:21:56 by sithlord48 »

sageman33

« Reply #122 on: 2010-06-15 11:06:49 »
I am starting fresh with a FF7 PSX emulator and every time I load up the save file and modify it I run into problems.  The main problem that I have is whenever I get to a cut scene and my party comes out and interacts the game hangs.  Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong.  It seems like BlackChocobo is setting some kind of weird flags for the members in my party and then the game does not know what characters are supposed to come out when my party interacts.  The first place this occurred was at the beginners hall when I went to talk to the man with the dog.  Any help is welcome.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #123 on: 2010-06-15 14:13:26 »
what exactly are you trying to edit?

sageman33

« Reply #124 on: 2010-06-16 08:38:21 »
I normally try to change the levels of my characters that are currently in my party.  Add master materia and ultimate weapons, set the higest level, and give myself lots of items.  I don't try to add additional characters or anything like that.  I even removed all extra characters from the PHS, but it still did not seam to work.