Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000687 times)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: [RELEASE v1.3]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #200 on: 2010-09-19 15:56:30 »
I am using a disc image of which I do not know the origin. 

We don't support downloaded/pirated copies. Sorry

newb

« Reply #201 on: 2010-09-19 16:51:43 »
Update:

I downloaded wine and ran the .exe version of black chocobo and everything works perfectly. 
« Last Edit: 2010-09-19 17:48:27 by newb »

inukaze

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2010-09-19 18:45:45 »
Unfortunately I am using a disc image of which I do not know the origin. 

These are what the files look like.  Is there a way to tell what version of the game this is while in game?
Don't quote images

newb : Well in this image , file its the "img" , newb , you need know the Region & the "Product Code" of your version of ff7 psx , i use "pcsx-r" for Linux , you can download the version for Mac ^^ . the Memory Card Slot Black Chocobo Save its compatible , ever and when you modify the Region and Product Code , for your version

You can install , some to mount your "img" file, in a virtual drive , to see the files , in my case are in the root of cd-rom , its called "sces_009.00" for the "PSXMemTool" you can run it with Wine (darwin) , and modify the save slot inside the memory card  , change the product code , for your version , and the region for the version , read the before post i had make and use that info for this :=) ^^
« Last Edit: 2010-09-20 17:02:06 by obesebear »

antartoms

« Reply #203 on: 2010-09-20 08:29:43 »
Sorry for this but where's the download link?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #204 on: 2010-09-20 15:08:56 »
Sorry for this but where's the download link?

first page, or click here

orcsoul

Having difficulty using Jenova/Black Chocobo w/ PSX FF7
« Reply #205 on: 2010-09-26 19:13:37 »
I'm having a weird problem using the above mentioned save editors on my PSX (through epsxe emulation) FF7 saves.

The editor opens the files, reads the data, recognizes it all, I can change it, and save the modifications to a new slot or over the original save. However when I start the game and load a save, none of the changes are recognized. The save is in exactly its original unmodified condition. Even the second second save slot doesn't exist.

Exiting the emulator and re-opening the .mcr file shows that none of the modifications I made were actually saved (in spite of clearly over-writing the original .mcr files or creating a new one and swapping the .mcr files)

I'm a bit mystified as to what could be causing this kind of behavior with both editors. I've tried exporting the ff7 save slots from the .mcr files to a PC ff7 save, editing the PC save, then converting the PC save as a PSX save and importing that back into the .mcr with no success either.

Any suggestions as to where I am going wrong here?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Version 1.4 Release Notes:
« Reply #206 on: 2010-09-26 22:40:24 »
yes please wait a few min for the new version that should fix your issue with mcr files

Edit:
Version 1.4 is all new, today, with a bunch of new stuff.  Check it out and let me know what you think.  see page 1 for the download link.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-26 23:04:15 by sithlord48 »

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Re: [RELEASE v1.4]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #207 on: 2010-09-27 12:24:10 »
Wow! I'll try the new version. Thanks for this. :)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #208 on: 2010-09-27 12:38:27 »
i've created a fancy pants, linux package, a simple tar.gz file that contains an install script, that will install black chocobo (to /usr/) on your system (and pick hw type for you). to use it open a terminal in the path of the extracted tarball. and run  to install or remove.

Code: ( in terminal) [Select]
sudo sh install.sh

this will also create menu entrys for you (although you might have to log out and back in for them to be shown)

as of this morning Black Chocobo can also be found on softpedia...
« Last Edit: 2010-09-28 14:58:50 by sithlord48 »

AlephNaut

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2010-10-02 19:55:13 »
I reset my game to the Bombing mission and removed everybody from my party, intending to have a New Game+ kind of experience, but it froze on the train scene.

Great editor though.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #210 on: 2010-10-02 20:30:21 »
I reset my game to the Bombing mission and removed everybody from my party, intending to have a New Game+ kind of experience, but it froze on the train scene.

Great editor though.

yes the quest values are not all discovered, as more are discovered these kind of things will happen less often., now that i have found a good diff program for binary files, this might happen bit quicker now..

AlephNaut

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2010-10-03 00:02:26 »
Yeah, it's a pretty awesome concept.

Turns out FF7 doesn't like Fraps, cuz it crashed when I opened it. And I hadn't saved after morphing 23 power sources. Luckily, I gave them all back to me using this program.

Anyway, I'm gonna be editing a seperate kernel to amp up all the bosses, so that when I replay everything's gonna be a good difficulty for somebody who killed Sephiroth.

Eagerly awaiting the next update.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #212 on: 2010-10-05 13:35:59 »

Great editor though.

yes the quest values are not all discovered, as more are discovered these kind of things will happen less often., now that i have found a good diff program for binary files, this might happen bit quicker now..

I can think of at least 9001 diff applications for *nix. Like, uh, DIFF.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #213 on: 2010-10-05 19:34:09 »

the problem with diff is this
Quote from: man diff
for binary (non-text) files, diff normally reports only that they are different.
we can force it to show the differances but they are shows as if the files are ascii. and is just as useless..

B_chocobo update:
started 1.5 last night, i have most of the options menu completed.. if you have suggestions for what it should contain now would be the time to give your suggestions.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-05 19:35:51 by sithlord48 »

AlephNaut

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2010-10-05 19:58:21 »
It should have....

The ability to transfer stats, items like equipment, and materia over to another file.

This way you could start a new file, save near the scorpion, open up Black Chocobo and transfer over the stuff, making it like new game+. Oh, but Key Items have to be left behind.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #215 on: 2010-10-05 20:20:36 »

the pro
blem with diff is this
Quote from: man diff
for binary (non-text) files, diff normally reports only that they are different.
we can force it to show the differances but they are shows as if the files are ascii. and is just as useless..

B_chocobo update:
started 1.5 last night, i have most of the options menu completed.. if you have suggestions for what it should contain now would be the time to give your suggestions.

Ah, I'd forgotten about text encoding.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #216 on: 2010-10-05 21:30:07 »
Quote from: Bosola
Ah, I'd forgotten about text encoding
its ok :P
It should have....

The ability to transfer stats, items like equipment, and materia over to another file.

This way you could start a new file, save near the scorpion, open up Black Chocobo and transfer over the stuff, making it like new game+. Oh, but Key Items have to be left behind.

you can already do this.. by changing your stats,equipment,items and materia.... eventually you will just be able to revert correctly to bombing mission (or any other part in the game).. well at least thats the goal.

AlephNaut

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2010-10-06 00:51:52 »
Yeah, but this would do it manually. That makes me sound lazy, doesn't it?

I replicated my stats on a new file. Quite enjoyable. Even have my materia.

« Last Edit: 2010-10-10 15:37:24 by AlephNaut »

Neffy

« Reply #218 on: 2010-10-10 09:26:58 »
Have you found a way to save the file as a .vmp file? I have a psp and thats how it save them.

elliotcroft

« Reply #219 on: 2010-10-10 11:17:15 »
Is there any way to change the region encoding in the program on top of the .vmp support? The region encoding present in PS1 games has really impeded my trying to get into the debug room in Final Fantasy VII.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #220 on: 2010-10-10 13:48:30 »
Is there any way to change the region encoding in the program on top of the .vmp support? The region encoding present in PS1 games has really impeded my trying to get into the debug room in Final Fantasy VII.

the region stuff will only affect mcr , mcd or vmp formats. the rest of the formats as far as i know do not have any region data in the save game, but in the header for the memory card in the case of the psx, or not at all.

elliotcroft

« Reply #221 on: 2010-10-10 13:49:48 »

the region stuff will only affect mcr , mcd or vmp formats. the rest of the formats as far as i know do not have any region data in the save game, but in the header for the memory card in the case of the psx, or not at all.
I have the psp VMP format version.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #222 on: 2010-10-10 14:01:11 »
the vmp format can not be saved so at this point in time this is not going to help you anyway. as soon as someone cracks the vmp (or psv) checksum algrithum i will have support for saving correctly vmp (or psv) files. that will work on your psp(or ps3) versions of the game.

Phaedron

« Reply #223 on: 2010-10-12 02:34:07 »
edit: after more reading and trials downloading memcardrex has solved my issue with saving. This is a great program, you ought to include a link for it on the first page.

Im using psxfin which saves memory cards as binary files. Black Chocobo doesn't detect them, but will load them once *.* has been used. I can then edit everything I want, but that's as far as it goes. I tried resaving the file as card2, but ff7 will only prompt me to reformat it. I've tried exporting it, but how do I get it back into my card file?

If you can't suggest a fix or link a program that will patch the card files then please name me an emulators the program is capable of working with.

Also, I don't know much about programming, but it would seem that more focus on "save" and less focus on "save as" is in order; actually having a "save" button would be a great start. You'll find that most save editors have this in addition to "save as" so that whatever file you have loaded can be updated effectively and effortlessly without creating new and unwanted files. Does this seem tricky or difficult? I ask because its extremely rare to find a program that has "save as" but basically doesn't have "save."
« Last Edit: 2010-10-12 02:50:40 by Phaedron »

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2010-10-12 02:48:30 »
it would seem that more focus on "save" and less focus on "save as" is in order; actually having a "save" button would be a great start. I ask because its extremely rare to find a program that has "save as" but basically doesn't have "save."

I believe a name change is in order : Black Chocobo - FF7 Save As Game Editor

I know you did this with always having a backup in mind, however, somedays, some people prefer to live on the edge as I have been lately.
I suggest a 'save' function as well, to update or rewrite the current save.