Author Topic: Thought you guys might like to see this  (Read 4494 times)

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Thought you guys might like to see this
« on: 2009-12-24 23:38:37 »
Months of research, and here i am, i finally figured it out. Just a little project i've been working on, but i managed to do it. I know PSP modding is essentially banned from this board, but i'm not gonna show anyone any more than i'm about to. Just take a look :P

(I planned to get more pictures, but the game got less and less stable to the point where i couldn't load a battle that involved cloud, and i'm not gonna sit here all night and screw around, it's now Christmas day!)

I haven't quite worked out those animated textures yet, and since i modified one in an experiment, for some reason it's shown itself all over the mesh, and the whole thing is quite unstable now.

So yeah, turns out theres an extra "Crisis Core" costume for cloud in dissidia :wink:

Oh, and Merry Christmas, everyone!

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Thought you guys might like to see this
« Reply #1 on: 2009-12-24 23:40:48 »
That's pretty cool.  But personally, I'm not a fan of Cloud in ass-less chaps   :-P

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: 2009-12-24 23:44:33 »
xDD, just noticed that.  :lol:
Yeah, the animated textures are a problem, it's probably not as simple as replacing the pictures and seeing what happens. there's gotta be some sort of hex thing going on.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #3 on: 2009-12-25 00:09:53 »
Man Neo, you are truly awesome! Nice! I'm with obesebear on this one!
But you were able to figure it out and that's truly awesome.

iwuzhere9

« Reply #4 on: 2009-12-25 00:10:23 »
Ass-less chaps or not, that looks pretty awesome.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-12-25 00:39:46 »
This looks pretty damn good. It's nice to see some decent PSP modding getting done :-D

I wonder if there's a way to replace the audio from the English edition with the audio from the Japanese edition. Or replace the text from the Japanese edition with the text from the English edition...

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: 2009-12-25 03:43:10 »
Voices and audio files are no problem, they're all stored as seperate .at3 files. Dunno about text, though.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-12-25 05:06:52 »
interesting... what exactly are these textures?

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: 2009-12-25 08:47:57 »
Some custom textures I made using existing textures from both PSP games featuring Cloud. Basically, I took the original Dissida textures, since the model still uses the original UV maps, and I made the Crisis Core textures "fit".
It required a couple hours of work as I recall, since they're so damn different, and a lot of it is actually my own texturing skills, although you probably wouldnt realise it.

Also the conversion process took me literally MONTHS to work out. I was lied to by MrAdults, since there are apparently two different types of GIM. One which can be converted straight from PNG (doesn't work with dissidia, i call it SGIM) and one which can supposedly be converted from TGA to GIM (does work with dissidia, regular GIM).
The process required me to convert to both SGIM and GIM, and didn't involve any TGA files. You work out what I did, I guarantee you, you won't be able to :-P

Next step after texture anims is to somehow change the coordinates of the verticies so I can shape the model better, but that's not going to be very simple at all.

Oh, and another thing relating to the audio/ voices mods. For some reason, in my experience, mods to games which arent PC based have to be exactly the same filesize as the original, else they won't work and just crash.
« Last Edit: 2009-12-25 12:30:26 by NeoCloudstrife »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-12-25 15:38:15 »
Oh, and another thing relating to the audio/ voices mods. For some reason, in my experience, mods to games which arent PC based have to be exactly the same filesize as the original, else they won't work and just crash.

Hmmm....

I know why FF7 on the PSX can't use any mods that increase file size, but is this an issue with the PSP? And could the audio files be made the right size by playing a little with the bitrates? I doubt there'd be any noticeable decease in quality, and since Japanese is a terse language, the Japanese voice files might actually be smaller than the English ones.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: 2009-12-25 15:48:49 »
Who knows? Perhaps I've misunderstood and the size thing only applies if you're modifying files within files. All I know is that if you screw around with where things should be, you have to recalculate pointers and offsets and such. This might not apply to file archives.