Author Topic: Anybody here into Uncharted?  (Read 4471 times)

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
Anybody here into Uncharted?
« on: 2011-04-18 23:46:03 »
I LOVE the Uncharted series. I find the gameplay fantastic, the storyline is enjoyable and the characters are all funny/ believable/ likeable. I've never really been into online gaming much, but I have a lot of fun with Uncharted 2's online mode, especially co-op.

Anyway, I just saw THIS and fanboyjizzed all over the computer screen. I can't wait for this game to come out.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody here into Uncharted?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-19 20:29:32 »
Halo and Gears of War can't match this game. It's amazing.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-20 01:35:51 »
I agree, I can't get enough of it. I'm still playing 2 on multiplayer.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-20 21:24:30 »
I must be one of the rare people who don't get all the praise this series gets. I bought Uncharted 2 after reading a bunch of reviews, all positive ones. And the experience was... ...meh. I finished the game because I bought it, not because I was having a lot of fun with it. It's just a Tomb Raider with pretty graphics, subpar music, over-the-top / un-believable action, and without the wow factor I felt when I played Tomb Raider 1 on the PSX (the only Tomb Raider I really liked).

I recently tried to play U2 again, but I got bored trying to cross the friggin' sewers in the beginning, and switched the PS3 off. Game felt like a chore.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-20 21:35:50 by Armorvil »

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-21 13:02:13 »
Halo and Gears of War can't match this game. It's amazing.

*sniff* *sniff* I smell console fanboy in that comment, leave that shit for gamefaqs, /v/ or gametrailers.

Back when I had a PS3 I'd played the Uncharted 1 demo, controls felt a little clunky but it wasn't too bad, had to sell it off to pay for a whole new PC after a power cut blew most of the parts. I do regret getting rid of the PS3, but I needed a new PC more and all the games with region locked online play(still happening today as Mortal Kombat is also apparently region locked) pissed me off.

Really want to play Uncharted 2 and 3 is looking nice.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-04-21 15:10:10 »
I must be one of the rare people who don't get all the praise this series gets. I bought Uncharted 2 after reading a bunch of reviews, all positive ones. And the experience was... ...meh. I finished the game because I bought it, not because I was having a lot of fun with it. It's just a Tomb Raider with pretty graphics, subpar music, over-the-top / un-believable action, and without the wow factor I felt when I played Tomb Raider 1 on the PSX (the only Tomb Raider I really liked).

I recently tried to play U2 again, but I got bored trying to cross the friggin' sewers in the beginning, and switched the PS3 off. Game felt like a chore.

When I got my PS3, Uncharted 1 was one of the first games I bought, after hearing all the hype.

I had the same experience. For me, all of those shoot-outs the game is filled with were frustrating rather than challenging. They were a good example of fake difficulty.

I spent all of my time playing Valkyria Chronicles instead.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-04-21 17:45:46 »
*sniff* *sniff* I smell console fanboy in that comment, leave that shit for gamefaqs, /v/ or gametrailers.
Nah, I was joking. I own both consoles and I actually play the 360 more lol.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-04-21 18:21:50 »
When I got my PS3, Uncharted 1 was one of the first games I bought, after hearing all the hype.

I had the same experience. For me, all of those shoot-outs the game is filled with were frustrating rather than challenging. They were a good example of fake difficulty.

Yeah, from what I heard U2 is just an upgraded U1, with the same basics. I'm glad you feel the same KM, I feel less like a stranger with weird tastes ;)

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-04-22 08:25:21 »
a game where you can survive a grenade blast and automatically regenerate the health in ~20 seconds - well, a sign of the times.

i just hope it doesn't happen in multiplayer.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-04-22 13:54:29 »
I too found parts of Uncharted 1 quite boring, Uncharted 2 is what really got me into the series. I find that it flows much better and the gameplay mechanics are tweaked just enough to make it a more enjoyable experience IMO.

I LOVED Valkyria Chronicles. Can't seem to get into the PSP sequel though.