Author Topic: Favourite/most memorable 3 Monsters and WHY!  (Read 5562 times)

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
Favourite/most memorable 3 Monsters and WHY!
« on: 2009-04-06 04:08:38 »
List your 3 favourite/most memorable monsters from any Final Fantasy game and WHY... They don't need to be bosses, but can be.

1. Jenova (BIRTH). I think this might be one of my most memorable bosses because of the music. You kinda jump from the creepyness of the on-alert cargo ship into something that sounds kinda electro. It got my blood pumping the first time I heard it. Then theres the fact that Jenova looked so effed-up its unreal. Like a tree or something... creepy. In fact, I liked all the Jenova boss-fights. And obviously this is from FF7.

2. FF8 - PuPu. Honestly... what was that thing? Cute... maybe. Creepy... definitely. Not worth it... definitely. Strange and funny... oh yes. All these things mean I'll never forget this little monster. And the name of it, I suppose.

3. FF10 - Any of the dark aeons to be honest. In particular Shiva, who was (in my opinion) one of the most difficult to defeat.

I feel I should also mention the Zombie-president from FF8... that thing made me feel physically sick the first time I saw it all those years ago. Theres something about the text that I just didn't like!

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite/most memorable 3 Monsters and WHY!
« Reply #1 on: 2009-04-07 21:09:08 »
1) FF7 - Jenova-SYNTHESIS ~~ it had a different theme from the other 3 Jenova's, and i liked it the best xD.

2) FF7 - Jenova-LIFE ~~ Aeris had just died. >.> i will never forget this sadly x.x

3) FF9 - Beatrix ~~ she was always fun to fight, and up until the third fight when she'd Stock Break / Climhazzard you for 1 HP, i wanted to slap the smirk off her face for being so smug when in actuality she lost (Not Me!!) >.> ~
« Last Edit: 2009-04-07 21:22:11 by Aeris »

lorddolor1989

• only thing a man needs is the love of a woman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-04-09 18:46:56 »
1) FF7 - Jenova-SYNTHESIS ~~ it had a different theme from the other 3 Jenova's, and i liked it the best xD.

2) FF7 - Jenova-LIFE ~~ Aeris had just died. >.> i will never forget this sadly x.x

3) FF9 - Beatrix ~~ she was always fun to fight, and up until the third fight when she'd Stock Break / Climhazzard you for 1 HP, i wanted to slap the smirk off her face for being so smug when in actuality she lost (Not Me!!) >.> ~
Beatrix is defeatable?

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-04-18 00:03:43 »
Final Fantasy series:

1. Zeromus from Final Fantasy IV. The intro sequence to the battle was awesome, and the background flying along, the music, everything made the battle come together and feel truly epic, even if Zeromus himself was a sudden turn in the road and uninteresting as a character.

2. Tonberry from Final Fantasy VII. Funny, yet frustrating at the same time.

3. Cactuar, primarily the form in Final Fantasy X. It's just the way it moves around, then runs after slapping you in the face with 1000 needles. Very comical.

I also feel the need to add my all time favorites from other games as they're above any FF monster in my opinion.

1. Grendel from Skies of Arcadia. What an epic feel that battle had, like many other of the fights aboard the airship, but this one really stood out to me.

2. The Bishop from Ys: The Oath in Felghana. Seriously one of the coolest looking characters in any game yet kicking his ass was very satisfying.

3. Slime from the Dragon Quest series. Just cause.

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-04-19 08:08:02 »
WARNING: Spoilers for Final Fantasies 7, 8, 9 and X ahead

Random encounters:

3) Varuna (Final Fantasy X) - I don't really know why. He's just fun to fight.
2) T-Rexaur (Final Fantasy VIII) - A super powerful monster who can be weakened with strategy, rather than just requiring super defence. My type of customer.
1) Great Malboro (Final Fantasy X) - A battle where power means almost nothing and strategy is everything. What more could I ask for?

Storyline bosses:

3) Seymour Omnis (Final Fantasy X) - The mortiphasms are really fun to play with, although the battle could've been pulled off better. Try beating him without ever attacking him, by using Reflect and playing with the mortiphasms. It can be done.
2) Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X) - Another one where strategy far prevails over brute power.
1) Bizzaro Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) - The switching parties, multiple targets with different functionalities and needing to figure out exactly how to deal with them. A great battle.

Optional bosses:

3) Hades (Final Fantasy IX) - I consider this guy to be the real "ultimate" boss of FF9, as Ozma is purely a matter of luck. A good fight, which can still be set in stone with good strategy.
2) Omega Weapon (Final Fantasy VIII) - No invincibility, no The End... try beating him this way. Another fun and strategy-filled battle.
1) Dark Bahamut (Final Fantasy X) - Occasional counterattacks rather than abusing them, decent attacks rather than insane ones that require either hundreds of turns to prepare or lots of luck to survive, and a decent but not overkill amount of HP. This is not only my favourite optional boss, but my favourite enemy full stop from any Final Fantasy I've played so far (which are 6 to X-2).

Finally, for No Sphere Grid + No Summon + No Doom Optional Bosses on Final Fantasy X:

3) Catastrophe - Requires a good amount of switching and thinking to work out and near the start, but only gets 3rd as towards the end it just gets extremely tedious.
2) Jumbo Flan - Even more strategic, and actually requires on-the-spot strategy all the way through unlike Catastrophe who's just a matter of getting the setup right.
1) Omega Weapon (PAL/Int) - You say he's pathetic? Try fighting him this way. He's not unreasonable (you need a little bit of luck but if done right you can usually win) or overly long (the battle lasts 15 to 25 minutes), but still requires a good amount of planned and on-the-spot strategy, effective character switching (including use of placeholder characters) and planning ahead. Probably my favourite battle so far in this challenge.
« Last Edit: 2009-04-22 06:34:15 by LJH »

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-04-20 08:59:51 »
I'll stay within the Final Fantasy series.

1.) Yiazmat from FFXII.  It took DAYS to deplete his HP bar, which is definitely something that makes him very, very memorable.

2.) Safer Sephiroth from FFVII.  First time I fought him, he used Heartless Angel right after I used a Megalixir to recover from his Super Nova.  At that time, I didn't know that those attacks could not kill you and simply considered myself incredibly lucky to have survived, especially when Heartless Angel reduced my whole party to 1 HP.  That scared me out of my skin.

3.) Enuo, from the GBA remake of FFV.  I was not anticipating that encounter.  Unlike the Omega and Shinryu bosses, he wasn't the sort of opponent that would annihilate your party in 30 seconds.  He was actually fun while still challenging, like an enhanced Neo Exdeath.