Author Topic: FF7 - Complete Extracted Model Pack  (Read 8349 times)

Vanit

• View Profile
    • http://vanitstudios.burn.at
FF7 - Complete Extracted Model Pack
« on: 2005-08-01 07:29:35 »
Someone asked me to extract all the models and organise them into folders... so I spent all weekend indexing 9000 files with nothing to guide me but the model list from Ifalna. I really don't want someone to have to go through this ordeal so I'm releasing the package to the public.

In total there are 354 models, coming to 7mb compressed.

Download it!

PS: There are about 4 models missing because Ifalna couldn't read them... hence I couldn't name them.

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #1 on: 2005-08-01 08:38:56 »
Looking good, but you are missing animation files ! Each of model has one or more animations, i think it were files with .a extension. When you sort all files by filename (not by extension/type) you can clearly see which one belongs to which model, because they are just after the model files (i think).
Also if you could not see some models through ifalna <advertisment mode> you can try to look at it through biturn, dl on this webpage </advertisment mode>.

Vanit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-01 08:51:01 »
I left the animation files out on purpose, as I was intending these models to be used on projects external to the FF7 engine. But you're right, they are very easy to put in.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-08-01 09:40:49 »
damn you i was working on this and I spent all weekend doing it just had somemore to go. I know something bad was going down when i when out sunday and good work to you. Whenever i start something from now on im not going out till in done anyway thxz you saved me doing the last of them :love:

Vanit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-08-01 10:20:55 »
I just remembered, I was also planning to organise the different animation files (*.a) into folders that describe the action as well. But I ran out of time.

yayo

« Reply #5 on: 2005-08-07 21:17:14 »
is there a link to where i can download battle models to convert in biturn? im working on a game but i need models, i dont own ff7 for pc :(

Vanit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-08-08 20:53:10 »
It seems everyone is making an FF7 clone all at once.... very strange.

yayo

« Reply #7 on: 2005-08-08 20:59:04 »
im not really making a FF7 clone, its just a simple web-based flash game. my drawing skills are limited on the computer but i have worked with 3d models before and to me, its alot less easier.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005-08-10 14:09:58 »
:o Okay, I'm a SERIOUS noob. At least when it comes to the programming aspect of it all. I'm quite a good 3d modeler though. 8)
( I'm also 20, not 12, so nothing you guys say will go over my head )
I ran into this message board by accident and boy am I happy I did... :D

Now to the point... I downloaded the .rar, Tried to open some of the files in Ifalna, Nothing! At least nothing to view. In the model/anim toolbar drop down I can select the .hrc file, and nothing! In the filter anim toolbar I can view how many bones it has. But I don't see no model.

If I missed anything, and I know I have, please let me know! :love: Please!

I also downloaded Biturn and it allows me to view a jumple of all parts, plus the skeleton, of any of the characters when I open the .hrc... And the individual parts in the other file extensions.

Why can't I get it right... or... do I have to have the FFVII installed on my computer before this will work...? The realistic question might be... Is this because of my video card?

Thanks for your time, I suck :P  but I am dangerously interested :wink:

Veclord

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-08-10 18:49:04 »
That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard of.

What's the size of the downloaded file? Did you try opening it with Windows Zip, Winzip, and WinRAR?

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005-08-11 09:26:01 »
Quote from: Veclord
That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard of.

What's the size of the downloaded file? Did you try opening it with Windows Zip, Winzip, and WinRAR?

Really? Hmmmm... I opened it using WinRar of course.

The file I downloaded is 6,934 KB, I unzipped it to it's own folder, yet I kept the .rar

I can open the .p files ONLY, when I use Ultima. The funny thing is it'll open the .p's but when I open the .hrc's the viewer goes white, but I can view the skeleton parts list. So It's loaded , I can't see it.

Ya think it's my video card? or maybe the drivers? Ahhh, I give up, I think I outta just try this on a REAL computer!

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #11 on: 2005-08-11 09:28:08 »
apz freak: I can answer your Biturn question. Reason why everything is mixed up is, as I mentioned in older post, that there are no animation files in the archive, so program does not know how to setup the skeleton.

If you own FF7 you can get the whole data yourself, see information on how-to-do-it here: gamedata.txt

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005-08-11 11:49:58 »
Quote from: mirex
apz freak: I can answer your Biturn question. Reason why everything is mixed up is, as I mentioned in older post, that there are no animation files in the archive, so program does not know how to setup the skeleton. If you own FF7 you can get the whole data yourself, see information on how-to-do-it here: gamedata.txt

Ah, I see. Well... I've already read every readme file for the programs. And in fact I think I would extract it myself with your program :wink: if I owned the PC game myself. (I don't have any money right now, long story involving a car wreck -_- , and now a new car  :D  ) But thanks for your input! 8) I really appreciate it!