Author Topic: [FF7PC] Slayersnext's Customized Models (2009-07-08)(Missing Downloads)  (Read 360575 times)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Slayersnext's Customized Models
« Reply #75 on: 2007-06-07 23:02:02 »
Well theres two ways of doing it the quick manual way or the long proper way witch is probably pointless but I'll point it out anyway lol.
Okay so the first way is just exporting one of the characters original hands using biturn then resizing it in max to roughly the same size of the KH hand or whatever your using. Then line them up at the wrist and manually select the polys starting with the knuckles all the way to the tip of the fingers, then using the rotate tool and using your original hand as reference rotate the angle to match. Then proceed to select the next set of polys from what would be the middle digits of the finger to the tip and rotate again. Then finally select the last set of polys from the end digits to the tip of the finger and rotate once more. Next you'll do the thumb by the same process im sure you get it by now lol.

Ok now onto rigging witch would be pointless unless your rigging the whole character but im not gonna go into to much detail anyway.
What I would do is cheat and use the biped helper set the hand segment to have 5 fingers and set the digits to 3, then drag your biped out and try and match the hand of your biped to the hand that your rigging. I'm not going to go into detail coz it's quite complicated, but you would then apply a physique modifier I think to the mesh and link it to the biped. Wich you would then spend the next half hour to an hour adjusting envelopes so when you move one finger it doesn't move the other. Then finally when you've done the you can just select the bone joint you want and rotate it like a real finger.

So you basically see witch would be the easier route here.

Rancid Cheese

• Uhh this Cheese ain't fresh at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007-06-08 11:05:33 »
I'd recommend deleting her cape and any of the dangly bits hanging off her shorts as these wont look right in game because they have no motion and just look out of place . . .

I say leave them in cause she looks even weirder without them.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007-06-08 12:54:54 »
That's because you aren't seenig how it looks in motion...

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007-06-08 17:54:38 »
And replace the cape by RUAP (First Hair Block) and adjust to default hair movement?. Umm Maybe it's a little difficult...
*Autoanswer*:Yes, it's difficult, for me... at least
« Last Edit: 2007-06-08 22:10:51 by slayersnext »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007-06-09 00:10:16 »
Well you would have to move the last hair bone down towards her hips, unless you can do the it wont work because it would still be pivoting somewhere near her back. So you would have this crazy black thing flying around when shes fighting :lol:, someone said to me you can move the bones I think but I have no idea how.

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007-06-09 19:47:33 »
And now, How can I fix the Field's model Shadows??? And the Winking :wink:??

PD: With thats models (KH), your game crashed more often??
« Last Edit: 2007-06-09 23:14:59 by slayersnext »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007-06-10 00:25:13 »
Well I see what your shadow problem is it's quite hard to explain, but basically you just need to go back into max an weld all the vertices together.
This means basically redoing everything except for cutting them up again, but possiblly because there already cut apart when you go to weld them it could destroy the entire model and theres no other way to fix that unless you either do that or turn of the lighting.

And no my game didn't crash more often.

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007-06-10 14:57:01 »
You mind that?:

In the Command Panel (the Right Pane), choose "Compound Objects" from the Drop Down List & select the option "Boolean",
Select first object & In Boolean parameters choose "Union" & click the option "Pick Operand B", & now click the other object you want to weld.

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007-06-10 22:34:58 »
That's because you aren't seenig how it looks in motion...

I'd imagine it looks no worse than Vincent's field model and I've managed to put up with that for ten years now so . . .

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007-06-10 23:13:23 »
NO definitely not boolean max booleans are evil and you should stay away from them :lol:. Your object has to be editable poly you then use select by vertices (the little dots), and select every vert on your object then press weld witch is on the right hand side somewhere, little hard to say exactly coz it will be in a different spot unless your using the same resolution as me. But it should be under edit geometry or something to that affect, if you cant find it post up again and I'll actually open max up and have a look :lol:

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007-06-10 23:56:34 »
Jajajaaja, evil for me...XD
Yes I found the Weld Tool, "thanks squeeble" (thats my slogan).
Weee I'll have a Really fun week!! YES!...I love battle models :cry:

(only face)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007-06-11 09:16:45 »
It would actually look worse Rancid Cheese. Vincent Field model's cape moves independently of the rest of the body. If you leave that that pice of dress hanging around, it will be completly static relative to the hip.

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007-06-11 22:40:25 »
Well you've got far more experience than me so I'll take your word for it and we'll leave it at that . . .

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007-06-13 00:36:41 »
Tadah! XD  Thanks to.......

Now, how can I delete the Blink?? I put the texture of Cloud's head, for example, in the 3 posibilities (aabb.tex, aabc.tex and aabd.tex), but with no succesfull... :?

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007-06-13 01:43:02 »
HHmmm I have no idea...
A suggestion though, make clouds lower leg skinnier and longer so that you can make his boots less fat, because it looks like hes wearing platform shoes :lol:.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007-06-13 02:41:14 »
Humm, for the blink, if I remember well, you have to add a useless part to the head's bone(like a part smaller than the head that you will hide inside the head) and make sure that, in the HRC, the first part of the head's bone is the useless part.  That way the invisible part will blink but it will never be noticed by anyone.  Beside if don't texture the useless part it won't blink.

Sorry if what I said is unclear but it's hard to explain on a forum.

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007-06-13 04:12:28 »
heh, it looks like as if Tifa is floating.  :-P

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007-06-13 09:03:19 »
HHmmm I have no idea...
A suggestion though, make clouds lower leg skinnier and longer so that you can make his boots less fat, because it looks like hes wearing platform shoes :lol:.
Done XD.
Humm, for the blink, if I remember well, you have to add a useless part to the head's bone(like a part smaller than the head that you will hide inside the head) and make sure that, in the HRC, the first part of the head's bone is the useless part.  That way the invisible part will blink but it will never be noticed by anyone.  Beside if don't texture the useless part it won't blink.

Sorry if what I said is unclear but it's hard to explain on a forum.
You're right. The models no blink anymore... You shouldn't compile multi-P files in a single file...

heh, it looks like as if Tifa is floating.  :-P
Yeah but, original tifa looks like floating too

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007-06-13 21:16:43 »
You're right. The models no blink anymore... You shouldn't compile multi-P files in a single file...

Actually it's good to compile... it's just that if the head is textured you have to add a invisible part as the first part of the head bone.

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007-06-14 15:17:34 »
Ahh! now I understand ALL. I add a little hand like head, and then I add the truthly head (Add part to the bone) to this hand, so the hand blink and the head not... Anyway both methods are good XD

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007-06-14 21:39:41 »
Well, no matter how you do it.  The important thing is that we don't see the part you put first in the HRC file.

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007-06-15 00:19:29 »
Better, I delete that---
« Last Edit: 2007-06-15 09:04:23 by slayersnext »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007-06-15 02:01:34 »
I'd ask permission from the modder before you do anything unless you wants some really pissed off people.

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007-06-17 01:31:20 »
Hi!!
I'm making a "KH Char.LPG" but they look weird (fat and "overmusculated")...
I convert the models succesfully, but when I build them, It's stills looks in SuperDeformed (SD) style... So I want to ask how can I change the SD skeletons of some models by otrers more realistics like this??:

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2007-06-17 01:46:29 by slayersnext »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007-06-17 04:44:37 »
Just takes a bit of resizing, it doesn't hve to specifically fit the skeletoon just try and fit inline with it.
For starters try making the head smaller and that would make a difference then maybe just scale the forearm up a bit then and make the legs and feet smaller and you shouldn't have to add to the skeleton at all.