Author Topic: [FF7PC] Slayersnext's Customized Models (2009-07-08)(Missing Downloads)  (Read 360569 times)

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Slayersnext's Customized Models
« Reply #125 on: 2007-06-25 17:26:34 »
Mmm He don't answer my pettition yet, thats because I wouldn't release/use her if I hadn't it....

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007-06-25 20:46:20 »
The FF7 map for Jedi Academy is impressive.  They must be fans.  How about someone ask them if they would like to participate on a project?  They won't take part in model ripping, and to me that's fine.  I enjoy community made projects far more than "ripping parties."  For example, our very own NPC RP. :)

Noen

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2007-06-25 23:32:34 »
well, Otokoshi, the problem with that idea is that alot of us who worked on the FF7 stuff for JK3 have either moved on to bigger projects or simply dissapeared...

myself for one, (Made Rufus and the Turks) am working on a highly detailed Midgar and FF7 Player Models for the Upcomming game 'Crysis', Hunter (Yuffie and Tifa) is off working on his own projects, Elcypse (Vincent) is making a few more JK models then assisting my project, Szico (Mape the JK Midgar Map) is good with Map editors but can't model and The person who made the Cloud model just can't be contacted (we've tried many times before)

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007-06-26 00:00:21 »
That is certainly fine.  People have lives and other projects to work on.  No harm in asking right?  With the time you all invested on the JA map, out of respect, we should get your permisson before using any of your works.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

Noen

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2007-06-26 00:46:32 »
ah, you bring up another issue......about using our works.......well, i myself won't permit my models to be used in games that aren't officaly mod supported by the makers, or anything using the Source engine (I have my reasons for the second one). Basicly since there is alot of debat about the legitimacy of modding FF7 i chose to not get involved with it to be on the safe side (Eclypse also has the same view as me on this)

Dearh

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007-06-26 21:09:48 »
Can someone send me all hk characters models,ffx x-2 monster and characthers models?

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2007-07-04 00:11:13 »
Can someone send me all hk characters models,ffx x-2 monster and characthers models?

No, you'd have to get them yourself as it wouldn't be legal to distribute them over the internet.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-04 00:14:38 by Master Ridley »

yongkykun

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2007-07-11 17:14:48 »
Hi I'm new here... and can I say, WOW! How did you get the KH models? Wouldn't it be great if you can put the models from KH2 into the game?

BTW, though I don't actually approve the use of realistic models for your mod, but don't you think that the game looks weird? Changing the battle models is a great idea, but changing the super deformed characters to the realistic models makes the game looks so unlike FF7 that we've come to love.. Rather, I think, changing the super deformed into a different, more advent children-look but still super deformed (the models can be modeled after the FF7 gasaphon figures) so that the game still look and feel like the original one. Besides, since I'm an animator myself, I know that it's much easier to model and put them back into the game what with the engine not supporting skinning and all. But that's just my thoughts and ideas... No offense whatsoever is intended here.. So PEACE guys!

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2007-07-11 23:38:15 »
Wouldn't it be great if you can put the models from KH2 into the game?
Already done that before.

with the engine not supporting skinning and all.
The game supports complete textures of a basically unlimited size with full UV mapping etc..

As for making the game look weird, I find that it looks much better aslong as done correctly i.e making them fit the backrounds properly, so there the same size as the SD models but the proportions are more correct. Also note that the reason they went with the SD style models for the field is because the power of the playstation was very limited, so it really doesn't make any sense to have proper proportioned models in battle then when you leave they magically morph there bodies to SD  :lol:. Only thing I don't really think will work with slayers KH models is because when you have multiples of the same type of person onscreen it would look weird, or if say you had selphie in midgar then when you go to Junon shes there as well it just wouldn't work all to well.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2007-07-12 10:05:43 »
Although I also prefer SD models it's obvious it isn't a very popular idea. Anyway, there is a good reason to keep models SD: animations. The animations were made to fit on SD models and they become problematic when used with proportioned model.

yongkykun

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2007-07-13 02:18:40 »

with the engine not supporting skinning and all.
The game supports complete textures of a basically unlimited size with full UV mapping etc..

By skinning, I meant bone objects that can affect geometry so that it slides at the joints as opposed to just cut the geometry to pieces and link them to the bones. Hm.. nice argument about the SD thing.. Well, in that case, I salute you guys... And please teach me to mod...  :mrgreen: I'd like to have a version on my own too..  :-P Thanks...

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2007-07-13 03:59:06 »
By skinning, I meant bone objects that can affect geometry so that it slides at the joints as opposed to just cut the geometry to pieces and link them to the bones.
Yeah I'd always considered that skinning but every mod team I'm with refers to skinning as the application of a texture to a model, thus being it's skin. So I gave in and just accepted that as the norm  :lol:. Why don't they just call it texturing or something...

yongkykun

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2007-07-15 03:43:25 »
Hi, did you guys notice that yaz0r has closed his website? Now I've been looking for the kh1 dump and couldn't find it anywhere, can anyone send it to me please? you can mail it to [email protected]. Much appreciated. Thanks.

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007-07-15 23:37:18 »
Finally in home, with Internet, but in my town, I had make more models! XD there they are, jeje:

PD: Sonic models there are in figthing minigame and whats that "Release" on the title?
« Last Edit: 2007-07-15 23:43:48 by slayersnext »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2007-07-16 02:53:40 »
Make aeris head bit smaller and squash it down a bit so her face isn't so long (insert horse joke here):P, looks nice otherwise.

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2007-07-16 11:25:29 »
And "Classic" Cid.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2007-07-16 13:40:43 »
Very nice job slayersnext! Maybe they need some fine tunning, but it's an excelent start.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2007-07-17 00:04:53 »
I'm guessing you've got it all down pat now considering you haven't asked for help on anything in a while?

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2007-07-17 21:42:34 »
Jeje... I'm Growing!!!

yongkykun

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2007-07-18 17:56:09 »
I've got the cloud from KH1 and KH2, and I'd like to put it into my FF7 game but I don't know where to start. Any help please?

Here's the pic:

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2007-07-18 21:43:19 »
Well, When I enter here, I didn't know anything, but seeing this thread: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6576.0 and this: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6624.msg82833#msg82833 and asking in this thread to squeeble, stormedia, weemus, etc... (thanks)  I leart How model to FF7.

Maybe it could help you... XD
« Last Edit: 2007-07-18 23:49:40 by slayersnext »

yongkykun

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007-07-19 02:15:58 »
Thanks! I'll give it a try...  :mrgreen:

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2007-07-20 01:04:52 »
Red Cloud's Cape would be a nice cape For Vincent... Any idea for the Head?? (KH1 and KH2)

Damage

« Reply #148 on: 2007-07-20 08:11:07 »
Hmm, Ansem maybe? He COULD look like Vincent, if you modified him a bit.

yongkykun

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2007-07-22 08:54:40 »
I tried it step by step.. but looks like I need much more help understanding it. When I tried to extract the model, take Vincent for example, I noticed that there several files containing the same model.. so which one do I use..

Argh.. what's the use... can anyone please upload the char.lgp for me  :cry:
And if anyone need any help with the modeling and texturing in 3dsmax.. I might be able to help  :wink:

thanks in advance...