Author Topic: Problem with Nero's fullscreen main menu...  (Read 4008 times)

Nezdude87

• View Profile
Problem with Nero's fullscreen main menu...
« on: 2010-07-20 12:04:37 »
I have Aali's 0.7.8b. I recently patched in Nero's menu avatars, and wanted to put his fullscreen main menu in as well. I used highwind and put the buster.tex file in, and copied the image into the Textures/WMRP/menu. When it gets to the title screen, it says "glitch: missing external texture" with the file name after it, "buster_00." i've triple checked that the files are the same name and such, so any clues about what's causing this? Is there something I  need to configure in opengl cfg?

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Nero's fullscreen main menu...
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-20 21:19:15 »
I have Aali's 0.7.8b. I recently patched in Nero's menu avatars, and wanted to put his fullscreen main menu in as well. I used highwind and put the buster.tex file in, and copied the image into the Textures/WMRP/menu. When it gets to the title screen, it says "glitch: missing external texture" with the file name after it, "buster_00." i've triple checked that the files are the same name and such, so any clues about what's causing this? Is there something I  need to configure in opengl cfg?

Well, is the buster sword picture still on the title screen? If it is, then you've got nothing to worry about. With all these mods, these errors appear all the time.

Nezdude87

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-21 00:46:17 »
Yeah, the sword still shows up, it's only a cosmetic problem, nothing that majorly affects my game. I just wasn't sure if anyone else had this problem and found a fix for it.

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-21 02:41:23 »
Yeah, it has something to do with modifying the files. As long as you don't mind them occasionally appearing, you'll be fine.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-21 13:44:14 »
Just place a picture you want for the start menu in the textures folder if you installed TA patch then change/rename the file to buster_00.png.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-21 18:52:43 »
And if the image doesn't display/whatever, resize it to 1024*1024. That should fix most problems.

Nezdude87

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-21 23:48:53 »
Still does the same thing. Odd.

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-11-24 19:11:06 »
Sorry for using my revive spell, but I am having the same issue and was wondering if any solution was ever found.

So you think that everything is ok if you apologize for it? You necro'd this thread, then made an identical thread elsewhere. Warning issued.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-24 20:47:34 by sl1982 »